Ipv d2 no liquid warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj081283

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2015
Not Exactly sure what that means?

But it sounds like the OP is Back in Business. So that is all that matters.
From what I understand it's a work-around since the d2 doesn't have step down but if you're using kanthal you can set it in temp control mode and lower the joules to step down to a lower wattage

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
From what I understand it's a work-around since the d2 doesn't have step down but if you're using kanthal you can set it in temp control mode and lower the joules to step down to a lower wattage

Gotcha. Sounds Interesting.

Thank you for the Explanation.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I knew the basic stuff. Like Im supposed to use power mode with kanthal. I have no plans to use Ti nor Ni.
Why do you use TC Mode when you cant control the temperature?

Gotcha!
Power mods is Boost only, no Buck(reduction)
Kanthal builds requiring Less than battery power(lower wattage) can be run in Temperature mode(TC)
TC mode allows use of different algorithms and has step down(reduction)
Power can be controlled 10-50 joules(watts)
However, Kanthal(or nichrome) has no measurable resistance shift so temperature management is non-functional
Base line lock - No atomizer will fire properly in TC mode unless a Base parameter has been input. Lock at room temperature to avoid issues.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Hmm so that means that in Power Mode if i put the watts down it will still fire at 4.2 volts with my freshly charged battery?
It wont lower the volts?
Sorry for asking so many questions. This is something new for me lol

Questions get answers and educate. They are good and welcome.

Correct, there is no Buck circuit in many High power mods.
Why? Because they are designed for those looking for a high power device and because if people use proper resistance coils for the vape they prefer the proper wattage CAN be applied.

Always remember, on ANY device, the wattage you set(on screen) is a request. What you receive is dependent on the Mods design and capabilities.

*People claim they cannot Vape with a 2.0ohm /or whatever odd resistance, but they have been conditioned by some other Failed condition.
Saying I like a cool low power vape and need a 1.3ohm coil to get it is Completely Incorrect when looking at Regulated mods with a Wide range of controlled Power.
A 3ohm coil could produce the exact same results.
A 1.8ohm or 2.3ohm could do the same.

New improved equipment and Old Stubborn Mind Set do not function well together.
:)

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
First:
1) Let the Atty cool to Room temp
2) Press = +/- at the same time and hold to let the unit LOCK resistance
3) Set Temp to MAX
4) Set Joules preference
5) Vape
;)

Don't understand need for step #3, as you state further down "However, Kanthal(or nichrome) has no measurable resistance shift so temperature management is non-functional"?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Don't understand need for step #3, as you state further down "However, Kanthal(or nichrome) has no measurable resistance shift so temperature management is non-functional"?

Avoids any conflicts from the Base setting.

I noticed if the temp is down, it can trip up and stop firing. Maxed showed no issues.
even Kanthal and Nichrome have very minor resistance shift.

Reactions: EBates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread