Eleaf GS Air Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
They stopped putting scratch and sniff stickers on tanks and coils... too many entries in thier authentic gear database, I suppose.
That assumption would explain the bizarre encounter on the package of the GS tank (also from China). The scratch code was manually cut off the sticker, so only the part with the QR code remained.

How do you like it?
Honestly my first impression is quite disappointing. I usually run 1.6Ohm Aspire BVCs in the eGrip. So I replaced it with a GS pure cotton head to get a comparison on the same device. But my expectations didn't hold up. The Aspire BVC produces a denser vapor even at lower wattages (MTL vaping). I only vaped 1ml so far though.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Honestly my first impression is quite disappointing. I usually run 1.6Ohm Aspire BVCs in the eGrip. So I replaced it with a GS pure cotton head to get a comparison on the same device. But my expectations didn't hold up. The Aspire BVC produces a denser vapor even at lower wattages (MTL vaping). I only vaped 1ml so far though.
Hopefully it will improve a bit as the coil soaks. I don't have any experience with the Aspire BVC to compare it to.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
That assumption would explain the bizarre encounter on the package of the GS tank (also from China). The scratch code was manually cut off the sticker, so only the part with the QR code remained.

I've been using the cotton GS coils for a while, now... since they first hit the market. Something I noticed is that they run great and produce a nice, dense vapor... but at higher wattage settings around 15-20 watts. Below 10-12 watts, the 1.5 ohm dual coils perform noticeably better. In between, they're about the same. Monday, when I'm finally off from work (been working 12 straight days, now... yay, the life of a cop), I'm recording a video going over the differences between the two types of coils, the variants of the GS Air M/MS tanks, and a quick blip into performance with them on a higher powered mod, taking them all into the 25-30 watt range, if they allow. I'll use the TC40W for that purpose. I'll touch briefly on temp control and my thoughts on it with the GS clearos. Might throw a few thoughts in on a couple of e liquids, too.

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
I've been using the cotton GS coils for a while, now... since they first hit the market. Something I noticed is that they run great and produce a nice, dense vapor... but at higher wattage settings around 15-20 watts. Below 10-12 watts, the 1.5 ohm dual coils perform noticeably better. In between, they're about the same. Monday, when I'm finally off from work (been working 12 straight days, now... yay, the life of a cop), I'm recording a video going over the differences between the two types of coils, the variants of the GS Air M/MS tanks, and a quick blip into performance with them on a higher powered mod, taking them all into the 25-30 watt range, if they allow. I'll use the TC40W for that purpose. I'll touch briefly on temp control and my thoughts on it with the GS clearos. Might throw a few thoughts in on a couple of e liquids, too.
:tumble: patiently waiting:tumble:

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
I've found the 1.5 , with 70/30, gets dry around 15 watts on the 40w TC. I couldn't get the TC to dry hit obviously, but it would not give me consistent vapor density, temp, or flavor. After 3 or 4 days I've ditched the Ni coils and gone to the single 1.5 coil I have which has provided consistent vapor.

The TC seemed to vary in its delivery based on ambient air temp. It delivered well when air temp was 95° F, but as soon as it cooled vapor became weak. I did notice the coil was slow to bubble and take in juice, so that may be part of my particular problem. I'm running 70/30 mixed 45/45 with 50/50 and 10℅ water. Maybe my juice is to thick for the 2 hole Ni TC coils and they wicked when the juice became hot?

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Hopefully it will improve a bit as the coil soaks. I don't have any experience with the Aspire BVC to compare it to.
The Aspire BVC coils in a couple of ViviNovas I bought wouldn't hold a candle to the GS Air. I pif'd them when I got the first GS Air.

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
The Aspire BVC coils in a couple of ViviNovas I bought wouldn't hold a candle to the GS Air. I pif'd them when I got the first GS Air.
I wish I could of made the same experience. Well, the GS16 will arrive soon. All hopes on the BCC pure cotton heads now :)

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
I've found the 1.5 , with 70/30, gets dry around 15 watts on the 40w TC. I couldn't get the TC to dry hit obviously, but it would not give me consistent vapor density, temp, or flavor. After 3 or 4 days I've ditched the Ni coils and gone to the single 1.5 coil I have which has provided consistent vapor.

The TC seemed to vary in its delivery based on ambient air temp. It delivered well when air temp was 95° F, but as soon as it cooled vapor became weak. I did notice the coil was slow to bubble and take in juice, so that may be part of my particular problem. I'm running 70/30 mixed 45/45 with 50/50 and 10℅ water. Maybe my juice is to thick for the 2 hole Ni TC coils and they wicked when the juice became hot?
I personally really like temperature control coils, but don't think that the GS line is particularly well suited to it. TC is more designed for Sub Ohm and high wattage vaping, IMO. With a tank like the GS Air M, where I never got burnt hits and very rarely got dry hits anyhow, there's no advantage to it... the coils and tank simply aren't rowdy enough to utilize TC vaping. On something like a Kanger Subtank, TC is a godsend and really takes vaping in a whole new direction... but the tank is powerful enough to take advantage of it.

Insofar as your juice goes, I'm not certain I get what your ratios of PG, VG, and water are... not sure what you mean by mixing 45/45... but 10% water is pretty high, and that might be your issue. If you blended a 70/30 with a 50/50, then added 10% water, the resulting juice should be about as thin as pure PG. However, water doesn't vaporize particularly well in attys, especially if there's already PG in the mix. I never go above 5%, myself. 5% water added to 95% pure VG gives a consistency like a 30-40% PG juice... slightly thick, bit thin enough to wick well on most setups. If you must, 7-8% gives aboit a 50/50 consistency. I'd never recommend going higher than that.

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
I personally really like temperature control coils, but don't think that the GS line is particularly well suited to it. TC is more designed for Sub Ohm and high wattage vaping, IMO. With a tank like the GS Air M, where I never got burnt hits and very rarely got dry hits anyhow, there's no advantage to it... the coils and tank simply aren't rowdy enough to utilize TC vaping. On something like a Kanger Subtank, TC is a godsend and really takes vaping in a whole new direction... but the tank is powerful enough to take advantage of it.

Insofar as your juice goes, I'm not certain I get what your ratios of PG, VG, and water are... not sure what you mean by mixing 45/45... but 10% water is pretty high, and that might be your issue. If you blended a 70/30 with a 50/50, then added 10% water, the resulting juice should be about as thin as pure PG. However, water doesn't vaporize particularly well in attys, especially if there's already PG in the mix. I never go above 5%, myself. 5% water added to 95% pure VG gives a consistency like a 30-40% PG juice... slightly thick, bit thin enough to wick well on most setups. If you must, 7-8% gives aboit a 50/50 consistency. I'd never recommend going higher than that.
7ml of 70/30 12nic
7ml of 50/50 0nic
1ml H20
I bought a litre of Nude Nicotine 70/30 @ 12mg nic. The 12℅ nic proved to be to strong in certain toppers so I thinned it with 0℅ strawberry to cut the nic to 6℅. This is why I don't go full out DIY, I'm a math idiot and thought that the mix actually increased the VG and added water.

This is just a small batch of 10 ML, so if I need less water or none, that's the direction I'll go. I'm still very much learning mixing, but within safe parameters using pre diluted Nicotine.( because I'm not comfortable with my math skills and pure nic base)

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

guccirush9876

Jul 22, 2015
uk

hi sorry I couldn't see how to post a reply I had to do it via ur message would you be able to give me some advice for my eleaf 40 kit please

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
hi sorry I couldn't see how to post a reply I had to do it via ur message would you be able to give me some advice for my eleaf 40 kit please
I'll certainly try. What do you need help with?

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Canno, rts vapes.com is having a sale this weekend of 15% off. You could try wizardlabs or essential depot. Essential depot normally runs gallon sales.
Essential Depot is great... been using their stuff for a while and I've always had good results. Inexpensive, too.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
@LynnNC , did you ever try UC'ing the stock 1.5 'Air coil and if so, did you just take the cap off to do it? I'm thinking of trying it AND I forgot which thread I was on, so I switched up on you to come over here. :rolleyes::lol::lol:
The 1.5 coils are all that I have. I break them down, take the wicks out, uc them for probably 5-6 cycles, take them out, let them dry, check the ohms, rewick and re wrap then put them back together. After I've gotten them back together, I recheck the ohms because I have had the ohms to change after they were re wicked.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
The 1.5 coils are all that I have. I break them down, take the wicks out, uc them for probably 5-6 cycles, take them out, let them dry, check the ohms, rewick and re wrap then put them back together. After I've gotten them back together, I recheck the ohms because I have had the ohms to change after they were re wicked.
Yep, they do change a bit when rewicking. I was just wondering if you UC'ed the stock ones. I'll try it tomorrow since you just have all recoiled ones. :)

Reactions: GranFumador

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Yep, they do change a bit when rewicking. I was just wondering if you UC'ed the stock ones. I'll try it tomorrow since you just have all recoiled ones. :)
If I have stock coils that I can get the wicks out and both coils are high enough that I could rewick them I treat them just like ones that I've recoiled. Same process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread