Need a new Rebuildable Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I'm looking to buy a new tank; I currently have a kanger subtank but since it's the original subtank v1 (25 mm, less than stellar RBA section) and I'm replacing my cartel mech mod with an IPV D2, I want to buy myself a new tank.

I know the new popular thing in vaping is sub ohm tanks with replaceable coil heads, so it seems very difficult for me to find something I actually want to use.

Currently the vape I get from my kanger subtank's rba section is iffy and questionable, on a good day full battery it's alright but rarely great and it goes downhill really fast. I do not use the replaceable coil heads /at all/ because the vape seems not only thinner but also costs way more, and my experience with Kanger's coil heads was very very hit and miss. They didn't last nearly long enough considering the price asked.

So basically I'm looking for a tank with these qualifications in order of importance;

***RBA section - Basically, the better the RBA section performs, the better the device is for me.

***Amazing Flavor - I know it's a bit subjective, but great flavor is very high on my list.

***Good Machining - My kanger subtank is a major pain in the ... to dis-assemble and change the coils in the RBA, I can't even take it apart without using plyers. I'd prefer getting something that isn't nearly as difficult to open and work with.

***Build Versatility - I don't make many different builds at the current moment but I want options, I don't plan on buying many devices in the future therefore I much prefer a jack of all trades to a very limited deck that only does one thing right.

***juice consumption/Low to Medium; I'm not rich, I can't use a Smok TFV4 on the daily. I do plan on eventually making my own liquids but I'm not currently so I'd rather play it safe here.

*Temp Control - Never used it but my new box mod can do it and I ordered titanium wire; would definitely want this option unless I find a device that can handle everything else perfectly.

Things I don't need-

***COIL HEADS; I don't mind having them; they can be useful to have in case I'm feeling lazy or don't have anything to rebuild with, but I will not make a purchase based on the quality of the coil heads, and I would gladly buy a device that doesn't even have them if it does everything I want better than the alternatives.

***Convenient fill options - These are nice, but not important enough unless the fill method is a -serious issue-

*** MAD CLOUDZ - I currently vape at around .6 and I enjoy it a lot, but I still vape this at one or two air channels open on the kanger subtank, never 3.

Thanks for your help in advance guys, this research is taking me forever and I can't keep up with all the new devices.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Tobeco KS RTA
7ml
Looks and works great on the D2
Single Coil
Liquid control
Air Flow Control
(loose the DT for something more open)

-ks-rta-clone-by-tobeco.jpg

Running a .33ohm Titanium coil, Rayon wick in TC/Ti mode at 420F/30J

labmonkeys

Jun 7, 2015
I'm kind of in the same boat as you, looking for a new tank as I'm a bit bored with the SubTank and nothing on the market really appeals to me right now. But I'll tell you this, once your D2 arrives, whip a Nickel build in the RBA and use the SubTank with temp control, for me it improves the vape quality dramatically over Kanthal which I found to get very mixed results with, like you and actually makes it quite a decent, easy to use tank.

bpurtell89

Aug 16, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
image.jpg
Hey guys. I'm looking to buy a new tank; I currently have a kanger subtank but since it's the original subtank v1 (25 mm, less than stellar RBA section) and I'm replacing my cartel mech mod with an IPV D2, I want to buy myself a new tank.

I know the new popular thing in vaping is sub ohm tanks with replaceable coil heads, so it seems very difficult for me to find something I actually want to use.

Currently the vape I get from my kanger subtank's rba section is iffy and questionable, on a good day full battery it's alright but rarely great and it goes downhill really fast. I do not use the replaceable coil heads /at all/ because the vape seems not only thinner but also costs way more, and my experience with Kanger's coil heads was very very hit and miss. They didn't last nearly long enough considering the price asked.

So basically I'm looking for a tank with these qualifications in order of importance;

***RBA section - Basically, the better the RBA section performs, the better the device is for me.

***Amazing Flavor - I know it's a bit subjective, but great flavor is very high on my list.

***Good Machining - My kanger subtank is a major pain in the ... to dis-assemble and change the coils in the RBA, I can't even take it apart without using plyers. I'd prefer getting something that isn't nearly as difficult to open and work with.

***Build Versatility - I don't make many different builds at the current moment but I want options, I don't plan on buying many devices in the future therefore I much prefer a jack of all trades to a very limited deck that only does one thing right.

***Juice consumption/Low to Medium; I'm not rich, I can't use a Smok TFV4 on the daily. I do plan on eventually making my own liquids but I'm not currently so I'd rather play it safe here.

*Temp Control - Never used it but my new box mod can do it and I ordered titanium wire; would definitely want this option unless I find a device that can handle everything else perfectly.

Things I don't need-

***COIL HEADS; I don't mind having them; they can be useful to have in case I'm feeling lazy or don't have anything to rebuild with, but I will not make a purchase based on the quality of the coil heads, and I would gladly buy a device that doesn't even have them if it does everything I want better than the alternatives.

***Convenient fill options - These are nice, but not important enough unless the fill method is a -serious issue-

*** MAD CLOUDZ - I currently vape at around .6 and I enjoy it a lot, but I still vape this at one or two air channels open on the kanger subtank, never 3.

Thanks for your help in advance guys, this research is taking me forever and I can't keep up with all the new devices.
I was in the same boat as you with the subtank mini, was not at all impressed with the flavor from the RDA section, you said something about how small it was also. Someone above mentioned the goblin which is made by UD. I've heard good things about it but you're going to run into a very small build deck that has dual coil capability.

I made a purchase of the Zephyrus by UD and I am incredibly impressed with the flavor, the vapor and the quality of the tank

I tend to go mouth to lung really since it just naturally feels better with the kanger subtank the way I have it set up currently. That being said I've been running it at one air slot only lately and mouth to lunging and I find the flavor to be way better especially through the nose when using this technique so I think I'd be interested in something that can do both.

The lemo 2 is solid so is the crown, my favorite is the delta 2. There's the goblins, billow..

What style do you inhale, mouth to lung? And what ohm do you build to now?

I've been thinking very strongly about the GT2 actually ; I was slightly confused since I know it's not a new device and everyone seems to spout that there are "great innovations" constantly in vaping but at the same time it seems to tick many of my boxes and looks like a really solid device. I was wondering, if I only use the rebuildable section, if any of these new shiny devices make much of a difference in terms of flavor quality. I'm not looking for huge clouds anyway, one of the huge reasons being juice consumption on a lot of the tanks I was looking into (goliath v2, smok TFV4, etc) seems absurdly high.

Can it do temperature control builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread