Best portable regulated device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachbret

Sep 5, 2015
Aeizona
I work at a smoke shop. I acquired about 4 months ago a istick 50w sub ohm battery for free, not sure on going price. But it was a great setup for my rda/rba and subtanks I had and the battery was great. I liked it better than my mech mods because the power was always there. Sorry if I'm of no help. New to the forum and just getting serious into my personal vaping.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Both get great reviews.

The IPV D2 does temp control. The Subox Mini doesn't. I believe the original Subox Mini didn't have a floating center pin. Not sure if there is a new one out that addresses this.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

If you're looking at a small temp control mod also consider the new eVic VTC Mini.

Reactions: Coldrake

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Well, I know people won't like this, but I have a Cloupor mini and have been VERY pleased with it. They're releasing a new version of it that addresses the negative issues with my version and improved on the design. It's small.. smaller than most everything out there. It houses a single 18650, can be recharged via the USB, the new version will be 50w, and has a floating center pin, and temperature control with both NI-200 and titanium wire. The same factor is used as mine, so I am oogling this one right now.

Cloupor Mini Plus.

Now, for those who are cringing, and for informational purposes. There have been some reports of the original cloupor mini catching fire. During their first batch, there was a few pictures released of their mods getting hot and one or two of it actually catching on fire. Before that scares you, I think it was just bad luck on first production runs, the ones after those were perfectly fine. There were ways to check to see if you had a defective version, but the loss of reputation has already been given. So, people don't trust the Cloupor mini based on about 5-6 pictures of their mods getting hot. Cloupor reported that they had about 14 reports of their mods being defective.. they made over 10,000 of them. So, that gives a failure rate of %0.002... heck, we'll round way up and say %0.1 just to be on the safe side.

I still have mine, and it works fine. it's a great device.

Reactions: djsvapour

RonnieVapes

Jul 17, 2015
Kinda depends on what you want in a device. The new Evic VTC is pretty sweet, a buddy of mine showed me his earlier today and I was impressed. Does temp control with titanium as well as nickel and goes up to 60 watts, also can can upgrade the firmware and it's pretty darn small for what it is. The eGo One tank that comes with is junk though imo.

If you don't mind spending a few extra bones I'd say go for an Sbody Macro. My friend bought one a few weeks ago from Vapor Shark for $100 and he absolutely loves it. It's got a DNA 40 inside and apparently it has the same zip charging as the VS rDNA 40 and the Macro is smaller too. I'm a bit jealous of it tbh, I totally would have bought it over my rDNA had I known about it back then. My rDNA 40 has been an awesome little mod and hasn't let me down yet...the Macro has pretty much the same internals so I would expect it to be top notch as well. If it sounds interesting you can use the "laborday" code this weekend at the Vapor Shark site so it would end up costing about $80. Killer price for a DNA 40 device if you ask me lol

Turbo the Torbi

Jul 21, 2015
I feel like size wise they're both very similar. But I love the look more of the IPV D2, and it also depends if you have more money to throw in for an RTA/RDA. If you don't you should go with the Subox kit, I love my subtank mini. I just purchased the kit from ecig.com for $45.00 but I believe it's sold out right now from the labor day sales. Not sure if they're going to restock again but they did already once this week but they also have the D2 and Evic for great prices + 5% promo code TURBO, makes it even better.

labmonkeys

Jun 7, 2015
I'm looking seriously at the evic mini. The d2 I canceled the order on cause it doesn't have usb. The sigelei 75w is really nice but bulky.
I have the Sigelei 75W and it's been not too shabby at all, would definetly recommend. The Evic Mini has better looks for my personal taste, but if size is your only consern, the eVic Mini is only a few mm's (2 to 3 mm's) smaller than the Sigelei, so not much difference there, and I would definetly wait for tests to come out before getting one. It's full size brother is the most innacurate temperature control device I know currently on the market (by a big margin)

The eLeaf iStick 40W TC is tiny and cheap, but offers only basic funcionallity.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I think the most inaccurate temp control mod award goes to the smok m80.

My friends have the sigelei and the evic vt, and the sigelei just feels like a hard cornered brick in my hand. My ipv mini 2 is more my style. The ipv is taller than both, but the round edges make up for it to me. Plus the sigelei is thick because it has 2 removable battery doors, especially with the sleeve on. It just feels bulky to me. The evic feels comfortable in your hand. It's sleek and smooth, short.. But extremely heavy.

I'm not saying it's a bad mod, I just prefer something more ergonomic. I would have bought one by now if it felt good in my hand.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I still have mine, and it works fine. it's a great device.

I agree. Nothing wrong with mine. Sadly, it will go down as an unloved mod (by many people) forever.
My version does not have the 0.8 second delay (updated firmware?) and I charge the battery 'outside' the mod.

Interestingly, you should have seen just how many mini Cloupors were in use at the UK Vapefest.

Refreshing to see hundreds of these things when there were plenty of Joyetech Evics giving people headaches. I even saw on in a bin! (in the garbage).

It's also tiny compared to Sigelei mini, barely bigger than an iStick 30w.

Reactions: NealBJr

labmonkeys

Jun 7, 2015
I think the most inaccurate temp control mod award goes to the smok m80.

My friends have the sigelei and the evic vt, and the sigelei just feels like a hard cornered brick in my hand. My ipv mini 2 is more my style. The ipv is taller than both, but the round edges make up for it to me. Plus the sigelei is thick because it has 2 removable battery doors, especially with the sleeve on. It just feels bulky to me. The evic feels comfortable in your hand. It's sleek and smooth, short.. But extremely heavy.

I'm not saying it's a bad mod, I just prefer something more ergonomic. I would have bought one by now if it felt good in my hand.
Fair enough, if it doesn't feel right, it doesn't feel right. I'll agree with you on this one, I'll be a damn liar if I didn't admit I didn't think at least once "This feels too big for taking out, I need to find something smaller" but I can't really find something that fits the bill. The eVic VT Mini does look nice if indeed accurate and hopefully will be a bit more rounded off and ergonomic to hold, but as sheer size comparison/bulk it's the same. I would opt in for a VaporShark rDNA 40 but considering it goes only up to 40 watts and costs double the price here in the UK, plus quite bulky as well it doesn't make it a liable option for me. DNA 200 chip seems much better and quite desired, but the device is even bigger.

If price is no matter for you, I know of two tube mods that do temperature control that you can check out (Dicodes and Pipeline 2 Pro). Can't imagine there will be anything slimmer than a tube in 18350 for taking out, they both look damn good and I would grab one right one but with prices starting from 160 pounds here (240 dollars) for the Dicodes, it takes it out of my budget.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I won an Apollo Reliant about a week ago and it's a great little mod, single 18650, TC (with TCR so you can basically use any wire), mech mode, large bright display, 60 watts...etc..etc. US designed (built in China though) and has a lifetime warranty from my understanding.

You can grab one for about $80 with the sale they have going, you will see the discount once it's in the cart.

Apollo Reliant 60W Temp Control PLUS Mod (Body Only)

Here it is between a Cool Fire 4 and iStick 30 for size comparison.

50rQqgb.jpg

Here is the discussion thread: Apollo Reliant 60W - TC with TCR adjustment, including Stainless Steel support | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread