Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Jazzy I have been asking Vaughan to do a regulated the day after this thread opened but understand his resistance...

//snipped

One day I'm sure it will happen and I know I'll have to grab on, maybe will be in place by the time no.31 comes around, hint hint Vaughan [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk it up, talk it up. [emoji1]

I agree, what's the need for regulation when you have an outstandingly, functional work of art in your hand.

Nevertheless, talk it up. Talk it up. [emoji41]

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Up and Vaping in seconds. Can't put this thing down the way it hits, feels in the hand and looking at it in the sun...indescribable
20150904_143426.jpg

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Finally:DThis mod in the hand is unbelievable. The finish is perfection and gives the wood a depth almost 3d like. The colors pop and the fit and finish perfect...oh yeah hits fantastic. Almost ashamed to post up the lousy cell phone pics.
View attachment 487214 View attachment 487215

I'm glad you said the pics are lousy, so I didn't have to. :lol::lol::lol:

That thing is really extraordinary. So that means you have to get some GOOD pics and post again. :p

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Vaughan, I'm going to be the oddball and tell you not to listen to those guys and ruin you works of art by putting a regulated board in any of them. That is just something to go wrong that you have no control over and will add nothing to the beauty that you create. ;) :pervy: :pop:

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jazzy I have been asking Vaughan to do a regulated the day after this thread opened but understand his resistance, that would be the ultimate and hopefully one day it will happen however that said such works of beauty would almost be spoilt by putting a digital screen in it. One day I'm sure it will happen and I know I'll have to grab one, maybe will be in place by the time no.31 comes around, hint hint Vaughan [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok I'd be in for a regulated but I like you would hate to spoil the look with an exposed screen. Sooooo how about hiding the screen and adjustment buttons behind a removable panel! Just thinking out loud ;)

Reactions: NatGasMan

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Ok I'd be in for a regulated but I like you would hate to spoil the look with an exposed screen. Sooooo how about hiding the screen and adjustment buttons behind a removable panel! Just thinking out loud ;)

I wouldn't want to suggest any specific placement because I KNOW that if Vaughn decides to go that route the electronics will be utterly unobtrusive***. That is why I did not bring up the subject publicly or privately.

If he does decide "yes" I want to be the first to buy...maybe second, after ROBBIE. [emoji12]

*** I will try to remember to take more pix of the design of the JB, the internals. AMAZING stuff!!!

ETA: As of this moment I will cease misspelling Vaughan's name.

Last edited:

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
I missed some beauties over the last few days.

BobC, happy belated birthday! Your birthday present is just glorious. Vape it in the best of health and with all the happiness in the world :)

Jazz, I'm loving that JB! The bit of copper (I think it's copper) under the top and bottom caps sets off the wood beautifully!

Mack, even if the initial pix were a bit teeny, I can see that your new art mod is just that: a work of art! So pleased for you!

I got a brief mention, a few pages back. My mod's in process. Carly Simon had it right: Anticipation!

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
I'm liking the idea, but the logistics are hard. And the chip is guaranteed to be obsolete after 6 months. My best counter is just to add mah.... mechs are timeless, and will always be there when regs are outdated or dead....I have a handful of mosfets on my desk but can't think of an advantage in using them. Sometimes simple is best, at least that's what I tell the kids when they smoke me at algebra....lol

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
From where I sit the only reason for a regulated mod is if Vaughan would enjoy the change in design and creation. All of them will fail at some point because that's what regulated mods do.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
You are correct sir! They do fail and the problem is can a new chip be retrofitted in an existing mod? Way chip technology is changing right now.... Who knows?? :facepalm:

Reactions: BlueSnake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread