Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Ahoy RSM Crew. Just thought I would stop in and get this thread bumped a little and ask a question.

So question for all of you Destroyer users. Do you get juice leaking in the bottom of the tank inset? I have 2 Destroyers a DNA 20 and a 26650 DNA 40 and on both of them if I leave the door on while vaping or leave a tank in over night I get juice in the mod. I have tried a bunch of stuff from Subtanks to Kayfuns, to GG mods and they all seem to do it.

I originally thought it was from not clearing the atty but since it happens at night I am just wondering if the high altitude and low pressure is causing the tank's pressure to push the juice out. I am wondering if putting a hole in the door down by where the air holes would stop this.

crshsnwmn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
N.E. Indiana
I had an atantis drain itself sitting in a caddy, not the mod - I think they just lose the vacuum seal if not used for a while.
Recently saw a recommendation on another thread to store the sub-ohm style tanks upside down to prevent leaking when not in use.

As for juice leaking in the destroyer, the velocity has dumped enough juice into mine I'm really wondering how juice resistant the dna chip is. I take the atty out and wipe up the mess 3 or 4 times a day, of course running with the air intakes wide open doesn't help any. Haven't noticed this with any of the sub ohm tanks, but I don't care for them and don't use them much anyway.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Hi fright,

I haven't had any of my tanks (subtank, atlantis V2,kayfun, russian 91% or squapeR) dump any liquid in my Destroyer. I have had condensation form on the bottom of the tank inset. I have thought about opening an air channel as well but I really don't want to mess up the look. I find that I get more of the condensation when I use my squapeR. For me I think that the heat of the atty and lack of it being fully in the open causes my little problem. Don't know if this helps you or not but it's just what I've been experiencing.

Hope all is well with everyone and it's nice to see a little chat here again!!:D

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy all! I hope everyone is having a bit of fun this summer?

I'm getting SOME work done in the shop, but I'm spread so thin with so many things to do that I couldn't even guess when the next batch will be done.

Ahoy RSM Crew. Just thought I would stop in and get this thread bumped a little and ask a question.

So question for all of you Destroyer users. Do you get juice leaking in the bottom of the tank inset? I have 2 Destroyers a DNA 20 and a 26650 DNA 40 and on both of them if I leave the door on while vaping or leave a tank in over night I get juice in the mod. I have tried a bunch of stuff from Subtanks to Kayfuns, to GG mods and they all seem to do it.

I originally thought it was from not clearing the atty but since it happens at night I am just wondering if the high altitude and low pressure is causing the tank's pressure to push the juice out. I am wondering if putting a hole in the door down by where the air holes would stop this.

Your 26650 mod, is the atty inset hole enclosed or is there a open spot where the door slides on?

It would be possible to make the inset hole totally enclosed but it would make the whole mod wider or take some rearranging of the door setup. Would this be a wise move do you think?

Hi fright,

I haven't had any of my tanks (subtank, atlantis V2,kayfun, russian 91% or squapeR) dump any liquid in my Destroyer. I have had condensation form on the bottom of the tank inset. I have thought about opening an air channel as well but I really don't want to mess up the look. I find that I get more of the condensation when I use my squapeR. For me I think that the heat of the atty and lack of it being fully in the open causes my little problem. Don't know if this helps you or not but it's just what I've been experiencing.

Hope all is well with everyone and it's nice to see a little chat here again!!:D

Air channel? Is your RDA so tight in the inset hole that it is having problems letting in enough air? I could always put in a air channel that runs down the inside of the inset opening if this is a problem.

Anyway, have a great damn weekend all, arrrr!

Reactions: LittleBird

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Ahoy all! I hope everyone is having a bit of fun this summer?

I'm getting SOME work done in the shop, but I'm spread so thin with so many things to do that I couldn't even guess when the next batch will be done.

Your 26650 mod, is the atty inset hole enclosed or is there a open spot where the door slides on?

It would be possible to make the inset hole totally enclosed but it would make the whole mod wider or take some rearranging of the door setup. Would this be a wise move do you think?

Air channel? Is your RDA so tight in the inset hole that it is having problems letting in enough air? I could always put in a air channel that runs down the inside of the inset opening if this is a problem.

Anyway, have a great damn weekend all, arrrr!

Ahoy Cappy,

I have no problems at all with my Destroyer. What I was trying to say is exactly what you just said about opening up a slot on the inside.
I do have a question for you. I know that you mill down the catch cups, but would it be possible to put a DNA40 chip in my Cutlass DNA30?
I would Love to have TC on it if that's possible.
Hope everyone has a Happy Labor Day weekend!!

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy Cappy,

I have no problems at all with my Destroyer. What I was trying to say is exactly what you just said about opening up a slot on the inside.
I do have a question for you. I know that you mill down the catch cups, but would it be possible to put a DNA40 chip in my Cutlass DNA30?
I would Love to have TC on it if that's possible.
Hope everyone has a Happy Labor Day weekend!!

It would be possible, but I would not recommend it I think. Also, what do you think about the bad press that the nickle wire used for TC has been getting? I think it may be a real concern if what they are saying is right. I dunno ...

I have two mods I'm using right now, main and backup. My main is a DNA40 but I'm not using TC, my backup is a DNA30. Neither of them get operated much above 15 watts. I'm currently using twin microcoils at .65 ohms on a Quasar modified for BF. Not sure if I will ever try TC myself until the question about the wires is resolved. I started vaping to avoid risk, I don't want to voluntarily add risk back to the equation.

(Ask a simple question, get a paragraph answer. That's my style!!)

arrr

Reactions: LittleBird

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO

Yes there is a slot on the 26650 but I don't think it would be required. All of the 22mm tanks I have put into it and even the 23mm don't stick out of the hole.

As for changing the design that is a tough one. I look at it as there are 3 options here. 1 Leave it as it is and wipe the inside of the mod off a couple times a day and hope no juice gets into the screen. 2 Make the mod wide so that channel isn't needed. or 3 Shorten the door so it doesn't go up to/past the 510 connector. Personally I would just leave it as it is. I only mentioned it because I wondered if it was just high altitude low air pressure thing or if it was common. My 2 DNA 40 RSM's are still my favorite to use mods and I wouldn't trade em for anything :D (Well maybe riches but then I could just buy more RSMs lol)

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
It would be possible, but I would not recommend it I think. Also, what do you think about the bad press that the nickle wire used for TC has been getting? I think it may be a real concern if what they are saying is right. I dunno ...

I have two mods I'm using right now, main and backup. My main is a DNA40 but I'm not using TC, my backup is a DNA30. Neither of them get operated much above 15 watts. I'm currently using twin microcoils at .65 ohms on a Quasar modified for BF. Not sure if I will ever try TC myself until the question about the wires is resolved. I started vaping to avoid risk, I don't want to voluntarily add risk back to the equation.

(Ask a simple question, get a paragraph answer. That's my style!!)

arrr

Ahoy Cappy

I haven't really looked into the ni200 problem as of yet. I get what your saying as far as the risk factor. For me getting off cigs was the main reason for vaping. I have not had any problems using ni200 as far as it affecting me in any way. That's not to say that it may not be, but until there is something concrete and not opinion I will use it. I really have more of a problem getting the whole temp thing down!! :confused:

I mainly use tanks because I'm a ..... when it comes to dripping and getting dry hits. I do use ni200 in my subtanks and russians when I want to get a different experience but was wanting the DNA40 for using my bottom feeders as I tend to vape away and not remember to squonk!

Kanthal,Ni200,Titanium,Stainless Steel? Wire used for elements, wire used for welding, wire used for jewelery, wire used for surgical reasons.
I'm sure there is some risk in all of these wires.
I guess it boils down to what ever we feel comfortable using to satisfy us. :2c:

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Yes there is a slot on the 26650 but I don't think it would be required. All of the 22mm tanks I have put into it and even the 23mm don't stick out of the hole.

As for changing the design that is a tough one. I look at it as there are 3 options here. 1 Leave it as it is and wipe the inside of the mod off a couple times a day and hope no juice gets into the screen. 2 Make the mod wide so that channel isn't needed. or 3 Shorten the door so it doesn't go up to/past the 510 connector. Personally I would just leave it as it is. I only mentioned it because I wondered if it was just high altitude low air pressure thing or if it was common. My 2 DNA 40 RSM's are still my favorite to use mods and I wouldn't trade em for anything :D (Well maybe riches but then I could just buy more RSMs lol)

Ahoy fright,

I'm not sure if it's an altitude thing for you or not. Like I said earlier for me it seems like condensation. If I hold my Destroyer up to the light without any atty in it and with the door off. I noticed that the wood is very transparent on that side. I was thinking of opening up this area as a way to maybe get some more air in the inset. I'm not sure if that will work or not since it will be behind the door but atleast itwill not change the look of the Destroyer in any way. Here's a pic of what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread