Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Best way to learn how to clean mods is for me to move this thread to the new members section, as simple solutions is intended to help new people get started with vaping, and new members has a lot more traffic, so you'll get more answers there. lol!
But, lemon juice works. Home stores also should have copper polish. Go in to any hardware store, and ask about polishing copper, and they should be able to help you. @Susan~S seems to have you covered in the video.

Reactions: Susan~S

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
My copper Nemesis clone and my brass Cartel I use Wieman's/Wright's Brass polish, you could even use Brasso if you want, though with Brasso you have to be easier on how you buff copper and silver with its coarse abrasives. Apply, let set and dry, buff with a microfiber cloth, then wipe again with a car chamis, and apply some Turtle Wax paste, and buff that out after drying. Gets the metals nice and sparkling, the turtle wax makes them a bit more slippery, but helps protect the metal from patina longer between polishing, do not apply the turtle wax to pins and threads though.

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
Copper?

Tarn-X can't be beat

Disassemble and place in a solo cup...pour on the Tarn-X, let it sit while swirling occasionally for about 2 minutes total soak time. Pour Tarn-X back into bottle for next time. Rinse, dry and reassemble your now sparkling clean mod.

I do this once a week with my Stingray X and it works great--plus I'm still on my first bottle of Tarn-X after over a year of use.

It does not affect the insulators or any stainless components and it does clean copper like a boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread