Status
Not open for further replies.

stalkster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
FL
Best way to save money!
1:Make your own juice around ~1.50$ here vs 15-30$ for 30ml's.
2:Learn to build your own coils 3-5pack of coils here sell for 13-25$ where you can make 200coils with 100ft of kanthal 5$ and 15$ worth of cotton(that will last alot longer then 200coils).
3:Buy a nice dependable mod, it will cost more at the start but will save you from upgrading all the time.
4:Look at tank/RDA reviews and buy what you think you will like. This is my most expensive habit when it comes to vaping.
5:Feel free to ask any questions you may have here.

Welcome and Good Luck!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
For the vast majority of us, finding the 'best' vaping setup and 'best' eliquid, becomes a journey because we are individuals with specific tastes and preferences. There are few or no perfect setups or eliquids which will satisfy everyones needs. What then becomes important is to try to decide what you are most looking for as to priority features and simply jump in to find out if that choice indeed is what we wanted.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
Welcome! I smoked for 25+ years around 2pks/day and never even tried quitting before until I tried vaping this past December. I was off cigs in less than 7 days and very surprised, I enjoyed smoking. Everybody's tastes are different but I started with a simple EVOD battery and inexpensive Kanger T3S tank. I finally upgraded a bit to the Kanger Subox Mini kit, which would also be a good starter kit as well, it's simple to use, reasonably priced, good flavor and cloud production and gives you more flexibility.

I started mostly with tobacco flavored juices at 18mg nicotine level( you can adjust higher or lower depending on your preference) to give me something close to what I was familiar with. I recommend going to local vape shops and trying flavors until you find something you like. All vape shops have a tasting bar to try different flavors free, just keep trying until you find what you like.

This is a great forum with a lot of information and friendly folks, so don't hesitate to ask questions. Happy vaping!

Reactions: Hazza

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome @Hazza

There are lots of potential holes in the road. As you haven't given us much to go on, I'll save my normal rants about rip-off, lying, UK brands.

Vaping needn't be expensive, but it can cost a bit to find your 'level'.

My level is a £30 battery and £18 tank... from there on it costs about the same as 3 cigs a day. :)

Hazza

Sep 1, 2015
Leicester, UK
Hey thanks for the replies :)

First of all i have not got a scoobie doo (clue) about vaping, clearos, attys, cartos, only what ive read from the web, so i just took it on myself to just trial and error, all i know are Benson and Hedges!!

I purchased starter kit from kik.co.uk, and to be honest it was the biggest load of bullsh*t i have ever come across, the batteries i dont think was powerfull enough to give me a nice throat hit, the clearomizers leaked, even the countless replacements and different versions of clearos leaked so i eventually gave up on that site.

I then purchased an Ego C twist (cant remember who from), just the battery arrived (wasn't to know!) I then purchased some boge XXL carto's and after wasting them all to work out how to fill them up without getting a burnt taste in my mouth i got a another pack, tried the condom method but then i tried it with a hypodermic needle (one of mine, Diabetes) and it worked a treat apart from them using lots of juice.

That was all good but the cartos were only lasting 2 days or when i was getting the burnt taste, oh and then the twist stopped working, the site i got it from wouldn't give me a replacement so i got another from elsewhere cause i liked the idea of turning up the voltage for a nice taste and throat hit.

So heres me getting a little ...... off with spending all this money on something im not happy with, i then purchased some Kanger Bottom Coil Cartos from vapingthings.com, the juice soaked great with the condom method but i found i couldn't turn the voltage up any more than 3.8v without getting that nasty burnt taste again, any voltage lower than that i just couldn't taste anything other than air!

Getting angrier now!

So i was searching around and i stumbled upon another site (vapourlites.com) and eventually purchased this. MT5 Dual Coil Clearomizers

They was way easy to drag on, almost like sucking a straw through thin air, 2 days later the coil burnt out and was getting that horrible taste again!

At the minute i'm wasting money on them boge xxl, using lots of juice and just having 1-2 days worth of 1 carto.

I have looked at some youtube videos regarding the Kanger or boge cartos with a tank? are they any good or am i just wasting money AGAIN!

Also i have tried various juices and the one i settle on is from the first site i stumbled on (kik.co.uk) and the banana pecan flavour, when ive stringed the carto the first hit on the twist at maximum voltage (4.8) is heaven, nice hit and great taste!

Would love your feedback.

Oh and the wife is getting ...... off with me on the ipad everynight trying to find the right choice haha

Last edited:

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello @Hazza and welcome to the forum. It can be frustrating starting out, but you've come to the right place. I expect you'll get lots of info now that you've told us where you're at. First I'll give you some UK links for shopping :
E-cigarette/E-liquid Vendors List + discount codes | ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK
UK Forum | E-Cigarette Forum
UK and Ireland Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
Myepack.co.uk
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

Secondly I'd suggest a mod (adjustable wattage/voltage battery, nicer than the twist). For individuals at your level of vape I'd suggest the iStick 30 w mod (or the 40 w iStick with temp control, which uses special coils to keep from getting dry hits) which are about $30 USD each. The suggestion I have for a tank would be the Aspire Nautilus Mini ($25 USD). It is a mouth to lung vape as opposed to most subtanks (advanced user) which are mostly straight lung hitters.
This is about as user friendly as it gets in vape. Very easy to use, great quality and great track records.
iStick 30 w (same size as 40w) and Nautilus Mini
4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

Coils in the Nautilus usually last a week to two weeks, so I'd suggest getting a 5 pack to start.

Juices are probably the most difficult to advise. Everyone has different tastes so I'd recommend going to a local vape shop and sampling flavors. You'll also have the opportunity to hold or view different mods in person (but prices will be lower online).

There are literally dozens of good mods out now, some with internal batteries like the iStick to some like the Kanger Subbox where you replace the battery and charge in a separate charger (recommended charging).

I mouth to lung vape with my Kanger Subtank Mini's. First I swapped out the wide bore mouthpiece (called a drip tip) for a more restrictive one and then choke down the airflow to the middle setting. I could sit here all day and offer advice or discuss options but you'd be best served by hearing from multiple vapers.

Good luck, ask any questions you have and I am certain someone will be there.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The way I see it @Hazza is you have two choices.

You can scrabble around in the dark (not a scooby!) buying all the things we all bought (and were disappointed) or make your next move a smart move.

I regret not saying more in my post (#9) as I could have saved you some hassle.

Companies like Vapourlites and Kik don't really care about the products they sell. They just want to sell. We can add another 20 or 30 UK companies like them.... they sell rubbish, they really do.

I won't slag off Vapingthings, as many of use/used them for cartos and accessories. They are a proper vape supplies store and I would still go there for cartomizers probably.

BUT...but... just look at what they sell. It's all just so 2013... it really is. Half their clearomisers have long since become "freebies" given away vape meets and nobody should be buying Vivi Novas and T3 Kangers....

The best small clearomiser is probably the 'old' Mini Protanks with the NEW cotton wool coils.
The best medium is the Aspire mini Nautilus (or some rare models only sold in the U.S).
Most of the new "power tanks" (subohm capable) are 99% leaf-proof and rarely give anything but a great vape.
There are many, many big tanks which are near-flawless. (Kanger subtanks for example).

SO - avoid the nasty stores selling the old tech. (mostly, these are big brands with posh websites and fake reviews). (Vapouriz, Apollo, VIP, Kik etc.)

avoid the full-price Cowboys (the shops that come up top of the google ranks, and pay to be there). (UKecigstore and ecigwizard are the perfect examples).

Buy from a vendor that is at the front of the development curve.

Myepack is cheap. Vape Escape is ultra reliable and maybe the top shop. Cloud 9 are the kings, people who know vaping and add new hardware but discontinue the old stuff.

Not everything new is a success.... there are always some 'flops'. What is sad is that *some* shops continue to sell products which never worked and got slated on the forums (and in the community). The biggest and most famous shop in the UK still sells hardware designed and used 4 or 5 years ago... the world has moved on so far since then. They also sell 'new' kit, of course, but something working well (or not) has never stopped them selling utter junk to new vapers... the fact a product "almost/nearly works" is often a guarantee to get them coming back for upgrades. :)

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013

Smokin hot , right !!?. This a Provari 2.5 and has a Russian 91% rta connected to it.
Provari P3 [VE750-ST3] - £189.95 : Vape Escape This place is a reputable vendor. Take a look around. You can't get a better low powered device, made in the USA. Built like a tank this thing should last forever. And it should do for the price !.

NEW AW IMR High Drain Batteries [VE824-B4] - £7.95 : Vape Escape AW IMR 18650 batteries. The only recommended batteries for the Provari, you'll need at least two.

XTAR WP2II Charger [VE408-B9] - £16.99 : Vape Escape A charger for your batteries. You'll need one of these, or something similar. If you choose to buy something different then make sure it's a good brand like Xtar or Nitecore.

Kayfun V4 P3 [VE880-ST3] - £124.95 : Vape Escape This is the authentic Kayfun V4. It'll do what you want it do. You have to build your own coils, piece of piss, a learning curve that should only take you an initial half hour.

Kanthal wire for wrapping coils. Best place here in the UK for vaping wire. This particular wire is fine for the Kayfun.
Kanthal A1 Type Wire - 0.3mm (300 Micron - 29 AWG) - (FeCrAl alloy) - 19.89 ohms/m

Found this. Ships from Japan, best price i could find. Most people flog this stuff on ebay for stupid prices like 10 pads for £5 or whatever. You'll need this to wick your coils. This much, 140 pads, should last you for years, literally !.
Muji Cotton Cut Facial Sheets Unbleached 140 sheets pad Japanese Make up Beauty | eBay

Believe me if you're gonna buy something decent then Provari is the only way to go. The Kayfun is built to last just like the Provari. As opposed to the crap you've been buying the Kayfun is something you don't have to keep replacing.

Edit : And to think these links only took me about half an hour to source for you. Usually takes longer than that. :thumbs:

I need to get out more,:blink:.

Last edited:

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
I like the look of the Kanger Subox mini kit.

Could someone please explain the ins and outs of ohms, sub ohms, wattage, voltage and the importance of it all.

Thanks

At your stage I would go for a regulated mod and a tank that takes prebuilt coils.
Then you for now won't have to worry about ohms and batteries and rebuilding. Well still get yourself good batteries if the mod requires them.
Ones with an amp rating of 20 or over are good like the samsung 25R 18650 or the Sony vtc4.

Other than listing all the tanks and mods I know , if you mention the way you would like to vape e.g. low vapour mouth to lung or large volume of vapour lung inhales. Then people will steer you towards appropriate devices.

Good site most use to help with ohms law and battery drain and many other things to do with vaping.
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
The bonus post :

DarkStar Vapour: 7.2% Nicotine (72mg/ml) Nicotine base liquid 72mg 250ml. Best place for this stuff.

5 LITRE VEGETABLE GLYCERINE EP/USP FOOD/COSMETIC GRADE | eBay 5 litres of Vegetable Glycerine, also available in smaller quantities. Used as a cutting liquid that you add to your nicotine base to dilute it. Vegetable Glycerine is thick and needs to be thinned down a little.

1000ml ★1L★MPG Propylene Glycol★usp EP 99 ★pharmaceutical Grade★superb Quality | eBay Propylene Glycol. Also a cutting liquid used to dilute your D.I.Y solution. Best use for it is to thin your Vegetable Glycerine solution usually by 10%-25%.

flavor concentrate | eBay A multitude of flavourings to choose from this is the cheapest you'll find. Otherwise you can find branded flavouring such as "Capella" by googling.

3-100ml Empty Plastic Dropper Childproof Cap Squeezable Bottles e-juice E-Liquid | eBay These long tip dropper bottles are ideal for refilling you tanks. Ship from hong kong. Can't seem to find these local. Take a couple of weeks to arrive.

10ml Syringe with Blunt Needle (2 Pack) You'll need these syringes for extracting liquids from their containers when you're D.I.Y'ing.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
To make 20ml of 18mg(nicotine) e liquid :

Measure 5ml of 72mg Nicotine base liquid into a dropper bottle.

Add 11 ml of Vegetable Glycerine.

Add 1ml of Propylene Glycol.

Add 3ml of flavouring.

Shake a couple of hundred times and you're done.

Some people recommend leaving to steep for days on end. Steeping means leaving your finished e liquid in a dark place for days or even weeks on end. I personally think it's crap but hey ho !. If you want to find out more about steeping there is another sub forum for all that stuff.

Bobby Digital

Moved On
Sep 10, 2015
Florida
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple identities are not permitted on ECF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread