Kayfun 4 Issues and Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
OK gang, I broke down sometime back and bought a Kayfun 4 for myself and my husband, unfortunately, I am running into an issue now with replacement parts, i.e. o-rings, tank glass, etc. My main problem is, my husband found a crack in his glass tank and is using the Polycarbonate tank right now, however, we have some flavors that may cause issues, so I'd like to get back to the good ol' glass. Where is everyone buying.

Vaperev seems to be out of most things, Svoe Mesto doesn't have the option to ship to US (that I saw), Cloud 9 has the pieces and parts, but by the time shipping is done, I could almost order a new Kayfun 4. The only place that I have seen is fasttech, decent price, but I believe I've read shipping is slow due to them being in China and has anyone used one of their glass replacements on the Kayfun 4 with no issues? Also, isn't there a place that sells just o'rings? I thought I ran across it one time out here, but can't seen to find it again.

Another question I have for those that own a Kayfun 4, has anyone had trouble with theirs "leaking" from the air holes every once in awhile? Mine seems to leak a bit of liquid from time to time. I have replaced the o'rings and still have the problem. Again, it's not an always thing, but it does tend to become a bit of a problem from time to time.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from everyone.

NetteG

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
This is a SvoeMesto Kayfun, or other?

Vape Rev does have spare parts in stock-

Vaperev Shop - Kayfun V4 Spare Kit 1 Large - Kayfun V4 Accessories - SvoëMesto - Atomizers

stevegmu, yes, I know vaperev has some parts in stock, but not all the parts I am looking for. i.e. the glass tank. And this is a SvoeMesto Kayfun 4

Fasttech has the best prices and selection on kayfun replacement parts and o rings. Just check the discussions to gauge quality. For 10 bucks I can just build myself a kayfun 4 / orchid hybrid buying parts

javyn - thanks, I knew fasttech had good prices, I am just curious if anyone has tried the replacement parts on a svoemesto kayfun 4 and they have the proper fit

This is the thread to find everything and get great answers , lots of places to find parts , just ask .

Attack of the (Kayfun v4) Clones! | E-Cigarette Forum

herb - I have seen this post, but I assumed it was about just that, Kayfun 4 clones, again, will the clone pieces and parts work with an authentic. I am still new to the RTA game, so I don't want to spend money on something and then it not work. :)

Kayfun v4 Replacement Parts

Fasttech maybe for price but this place rocks and they ship extremely fast.

I've had excellent service and have been satisfied with all the parts I received from this supplier

Marc411 - I stumbled across evcigarettes the other day and saw that the diagram stated SvoeMesto, but saw the parts were made by EHPro and like I said above, still being fairly new to the RTA game, I wasn't sure if "offbrand" (for lack of a better word) parts will work with an authentic. $3.99 is a killer price for the glass tank compared to the SvoeMesto price of $10 at vaperev, so if it were to work, I'd be all over that. :)

Thanks all for the answers so far. If the parts will work, I will order. If I need to continue looking for authentic parts, I guess my search continues. Thanks again.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
stevegmu, yes, I know vaperev has some parts in stock, but not all the parts I am looking for. i.e. the glass tank. And this is a SvoeMesto Kayfun 4

javyn - thanks, I knew fasttech had good prices, I am just curious if anyone has tried the replacement parts on a svoemesto kayfun 4 and they have the proper fit

herb - I have seen this post, but I assumed it was about just that, Kayfun 4 clones, again, will the clone pieces and parts work with an authentic. I am still new to the RTA game, so I don't want to spend money on something and then it not work. :)

Marc411 - I stumbled across evcigarettes the other day and saw that the diagram stated SvoeMesto, but saw the parts were made by EHPro and like I said above, still being fairly new to the RTA game, I wasn't sure if "offbrand" (for lack of a better word) parts will work with an authentic. $3.99 is a killer price for the glass tank compared to the SvoeMesto price of $10 at vaperev, so if it were to work, I'd be all over that. :)

Thanks all for the answers so far. If the parts will work, I will order. If I need to continue looking for authentic parts, I guess my search continues. Thanks again.

Sorry Steve , i missed the authentic part , i will let others answer that one.

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
Kayfun v4 Replacement Parts

Fasttech maybe for price but this place rocks and they ship extremely fast.

I've had excellent service and have been satisfied with all the parts I received from this supplier

Marc411 - thank you for the site, I went ahead and ordered some replacement o-rings as well as replacement glass. Already shipped and on it's way to my mailbox. AWESOME! Thanks again!

Reactions: Marc411

BulletStopper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Kentucky
Unranked also sells replacement glass, with the advantage of multiple color options. Don't know the quality or effectiveness. But, based upon the carto tanks I used years ago, I would feel confident ordering from them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
IBTanked, love auto correct on a phone [emoji1]

TonyB66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
London, UK
I've had a few occasions where I've had juice leaking from air holes. On a couple of instances I flooded the atty by forgetting to close the juice control before filling. This will allow juice to get in to the base.

Other than that you probably have your coils to close to the air hole on the deck or haven't wicked it correctly and juice is leaking off your coil or getting on the deck because your wick is touching the top of the deck.

These k4's can be a bit fiddly to get set up correctly, too much wick will give dry hits especially with thicker ejuices, too little wick and you can get leaks.

I should add that I run the 4s kit on mine and the open end of the centre post/air tube does make it more prone to leaking but it's only once in a while that I get leaks. I still love my K4 and use it all day everyday.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Leaking from the air holes can be from a flooded wick, but most of the time it's a poorly sealing o-ring. The ones that seal the parts you frequently take apart are the first suspects. You have to break the seal to replace the wick. With the cheap prices of o-rings at Orings and More | Affordable and Quality Gaskets and Seals you can afford to replace the o-ring that seals the deck every 2nd or 3rd time you re-wick.

A quick check for o-ring leakage is to cover the air holes with your finger and pull a vacuum on the drip tip. Hold your tongue against the vacuum for a couple of seconds and release. If you don't sense the vacuum releasing when you pull your tongue off, there's a leaking o-ring at fault.

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
What are you using to wick? I was having occassional leaks on my kayfun lite +, through the airholes like you. At least for me switching to cotton pads seems to have made it go away completely. I think sometimes the cotton when unrolled would have an inconsistent density, the pads don't seem to have that problem..

Mandangus - I use cotton bacon to wick, I really like the flavor, etc I get from it compared to other cotton I have tried, I didn't think about the consistency of the cotton though, might be onto something there. My husband usually rebuilds both of ours at the same time ... his doesn't leak though, in fact he's never had a leak. I have written ProVape where I bought it from and they said contact SvoeMesto to see if they have any tricks up their sleeve as well. I have replaced o'rings, etc ... the consistency of the pulled cotton is a good thought though. Hmmmm. Thanks

IBTanked, love auto correct on a phone [emoji1]

Thanks BulletStopper, I didn't realize IBTanked was selling kayfun glass tanks too. Used to get their carto tanks all the time myself, loved them ... very affordable, thanks for the info.

I've had a few occasions where I've had juice leaking from air holes. On a couple of instances I flooded the atty by forgetting to close the juice control before filling. This will allow juice to get in to the base.

Other than that you probably have your coils to close to the air hole on the deck or haven't wicked it correctly and juice is leaking off your coil or getting on the deck because your wick is touching the top of the deck.

These k4's can be a bit fiddly to get set up correctly, too much wick will give dry hits especially with thicker ejuices, too little wick and you can get leaks.

I should add that I run the 4s kit on mine and the open end of the centre post/air tube does make it more prone to leaking but it's only once in a while that I get leaks. I still love my K4 and use it all day everyday.

TonyB66 - More to think about with the coils being close to the deck, when I first got these kayfuns, I had watched videos that said to get it as close as possible to that airhole, maybe it's a little too close as you said.

Leaking from the air holes can be from a flooded wick, but most of the time it's a poorly sealing o-ring. The ones that seal the parts you frequently take apart are the first suspects. You have to break the seal to replace the wick. With the cheap prices of o-rings at Orings and More | Affordable and Quality Gaskets and Seals you can afford to replace the o-ring that seals the deck every 2nd or 3rd time you re-wick.

A quick check for o-ring leakage is to cover the air holes with your finger and pull a vacuum on the drip tip. Hold your tongue against the vacuum for a couple of seconds and release. If you don't sense the vacuum releasing when you pull your tongue off, there's a leaking o-ring at fault.

Thanks for the tip DaveP .. I will take all of these into consideration. My husband has been doing my build lately (just out of courtesy during the day when he rebuilds his) but maybe I will take a good look over my next build and give these things a try and see what happens.

This is why I love this forum ... everyone is so pleasant and helpful so we all don't go back to those nasty analogs. Thanks again everyone!

Reactions: DaveP

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
Aye if its the same builder with the same cotton, that probably wouldn't be what happened to me. And i think the wicking bacon stuff is already in pads or strips, right? My problems were trying to unroll the cotton balls consistently, i mean i haven't had any issues since.

Good luck with it, its a great wee tank once its working good :)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Need help for a friend.

Jim G bouvhg a Kayfun Lite Plus with Nano tank and chimney. He was in lovd with his Kayfun under a bell cap. Unfortunately he lost the short chimney and can't use his Bell cap so he is rocking on an mtsnk with the normal chimney. So does anyone have just the short chimney they would sell to sn 84 year old Vaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread