HCigar VT200

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Cyprus
Well it looks bigger than expected compared to the VS200. Lots of waisted space in the lipo compartment. Maybe a 1500mah lipo would better justify the larger case. No regrets ordering one though. It's the price to pay for an all day battery life, hopefully.
No one comments on the 510!? It's like ignoring the elephant in the room.

lipadj46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
Queensbury, NY
No one comments on the 510!? It's like ignoring the elephant in the room.

Yeah, I decided to skip the vt200 for now and ordered a VS on sale. Maybe hcigar will update the 510 in a later revision like they updated the ground on the hb40. I was really pumped about the vt200 until this time. I find the zip charging on my dna40 makes up for any battery life shortcomings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

cimon

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
UK
Yeah, I decided to skip the vt200 for now and ordered a VS on sale. Maybe hcigar will update the 510 in a later revision like they updated the ground on the hb40. I was really pumped about the vt200 until this time. I find the zip charging on my dna40 makes up for any battery life shortcomings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If they are palnning to do that thats OK but theres Brass 510 now. I think thats the reason why:

3cxu9L5.png

Stainless Steel electrical conductivity is simply PATHETIC! Im guessing its a KEY point for better working in TC Mode. Jeez.. guys.. EVOLV worked closed with HCigar to makes us happy. <bit of trustness>

BTW. VS design is borring like it allways was + 900mAh + $199 + SS 510.. NO thank you!

Reactions: OhTheAgony

smokewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Cyprus
Well its 169 + 900mAh + SS 510 + 2 amp charge + smaller + a more elaborate finish.
Brass has better conductivity but the issue here is longevity. What good is a mod with stripped threads!?
I have both on order so not bashing.
VT200 has as a plus the 1300mAH lipo and side screen for drippers.
Different horses for different courses.

Reactions: cimon

cimon

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
UK
I don't know which color I want to get Black or Blue.....Decisions :facepalm:

Have same drama. Just for one reason: Blue looks better and better on newest photos. So for me its Silver or Blue now (had to say STOP for black mouses, keyboards, phones, boxes, pants, cats.. ect.). Its color time!

Reactions: jstrong

Monoxxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Belgium
Stainless Steel electrical conductivity is simply PATHETIC! Im guessing its a KEY point for better working in TC Mode. Jeez.. guys.. EVOLV worked closed with HCigar to makes us happy. <bit of trustness>

Even the reference case from evolv uses SS (303) 510 with copper pin (C18000) . Working close is a bad cop out to use "special brass" for the threading.

*edit
They will change this, they know they got a winner imho.

Last edited:

Monoxxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Belgium
Leave that first batch to the people who dont inform themself, they dont know any better.
The informed forum user will be pleased with the upgraded version but then we need to let them know wat they need to upgrade and dont act like its perfect from the get go. With all the talk about the brass 510 i bet they know it to now.
This is a 170 bux mod, think people are alowed to expect some quality.

Last edited:

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
lost vape has the efusion coming out with an SS 510 and user servicable 1300maH 3s pack...

I wrote them on FB 5 days ago to see where they will be selling them in the US and they didn't reply back yet. they look nice but want to see the inside and see what reviews come out first. also if they can't write back on questions then that makes me wonder if they would even answer if something is wrong with the device.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
If they are palnning to do that thats OK but theres Brass 510 now. I think thats the reason why.

Why does this assumption keep popping up that Evolv worked closely with Hcigar?

The only thing that Evolv did was make sure that Hcigar wouldn't produce clones anymore if they were to receive boards from them directly. Evolv had no participation in the design of this device, just as they had none for the VS200.

The Opus is the ONLY device that Evolv had a hand in because Brandon owns the brand name and the company that produces it:

Opus 40 (Opus Vapor LLC)

And your assumption about brass over stainless steel might also be invalid:

Myth Busters: Stainless Steel Conductivity | E-Cigarette Forum

(Super-T Manufacturering)

Monoxxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Belgium
The Opus is the ONLY device that Evolv had a hand in because Brandon owns the brand name and the company that produces it:

Opus 40 (Opus Vapor LLC)

Evolv had nothing to do with the opus 200 anymore either.

Quote from Brandon.

Opus is not a daughter manufacturer of Evolv. The owner of Opus (Roger) used to do some contract assembly work for us when we were still manufacturing the Darwin. After we retired the Darwin he wanted to start his own mod company. I lent him the money to start the business and helped him incorporate. He paid me back in full, a year later and I ceased having any interest in Opus. Opus is fully owned by Roger and has no ties to me or Evolv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread