Fountain V2 Bottom Feeder: Squonk your Atty, not your Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Do you know what shipper they use for their free shipping? I got a tracking number that begins with an RX and ends with a DE and I can't figure out the shipper. >.< I know...noob move not knowing the shipper.

By past experience, China Post. Honestly, with Focalecig I pay with PP with no shipping add-ons so I'm blind until it shows up. Has always showed up though.

Reactions: JavaJunkie

JavaJunkie

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Virginia
By past experience, China Post. Honestly, with Focalecig I pay with PP with no shipping add-ons so I'm blind until it shows up. Has always showed up though.

I found this site (International Track and Trace. Trackitonline. not sure how legit it is, but according to them it's Deutsche Post, but there's no tracking information yet. Thanks for the reassurance. I appreciate it. Always a bit nervous with a new vendor.

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I found this site (International Track and Trace. Trackitonline. not sure how legit it is, but according to them it's Deutsche Post, but there's no tracking information yet. Thanks for the reassurance. I appreciate it. Always a bit nervous with a new vendor.

There are two listings. You must have ordered the one from Germany for a few $ more. I'm sure you'll get yours before I get mine. :( I've used Tracitonline before. Sometimes works fine, sometimes doesn't recognize the number.

JavaJunkie

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Virginia
There are two listings. You must have ordered the one from Germany for a few $ more. I'm sure you'll get yours before I get mine. :( I've used Tracitonline before. Sometimes works fine, sometimes doesn't recognize the number.

I saw both listings and I bought the cheaper one. The other one was listed as coming from Germany. This one wasn't. It didn't have a origin listed. *shrug* I don't know if I'm looking at a few days or a few weeks, but here's to hoping it'll show up. Hahahaha!

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I saw both listings and I bought the cheaper one. The other one was listed as coming from Germany. This one wasn't. It didn't have a origin listed. *shrug* I don't know if I'm looking at a few days or a few weeks, but here's to hoping it'll show up. Hahahaha!

Hmmm. Maybe mine's Germany too. Gonna check.

Edit: Nope, no hit. As usual with them, throw money into the wind and a few weeks later vape gear shows up.

Last edited:
Reactions: JavaJunkie

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Anybody get it yet?

Got mine today. Came via China Post in 8 days. (Fast! o_O) It's soaking overnight, will build tomorrow.

Machining is excellent, I see no flaws, OD and ID threads are very clean, assembles and disassembles smoothly. The chamber glass fits a little loosely over the base o-rings, would prefer it tighter, will see if it's an issue. There's an abstract graphic etched into the opposite of the squonk opening. Pretty deep and may be hard to remove. Will leave it for now.

The inner and outer pos/neg sleeves of the squonk section are a tight fit together with the insulator sleeve in between. I tried to remove the pos sleeve but it's practically a press fit, which is probably for the best.

The draw is quite open even at the tightest setting. Okay by me.

Will take pics disassembled tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: wabah58

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
First build went smoothly, everything working fine. Vapes like you'd expect from a top breathing short dripper. Sqonking is very controllable with excellent view of bubbles from the bottom of the tube to gauge juice flow. Love the glass chamber, a first for me. Just gonna enjoy this first 5ml now and see if I run into any issues.

IMAG1246_picmonkeyed.jpg
IMAG1249_picmonkeyed.jpg
IMAG1248_picmonkeyed.jpg

wabah58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
Missouri
Excellent (as always) post with pics @TheWestPole Just got mine today and will build tonight. Just on early look and feel, I was thinking airflow seemed a little tight wide open bothsides. Im not a big air flow guy but I know most are.

What are your thoughts on it after you vaped it for couple days?

For $12 it seems like a great deal to me.

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Excellent (as always) post with pics @TheWestPole Just got mine today and will build tonight. Just on early look and feel, I was thinking airflow seemed a little tight wide open bothsides. Im not a big air flow guy but I know most are.

Certainly a great deal and an excellent vape. I don't especially love top breathing drippers, except that they tend to be least messy, but this is a real alternative to a RTA for many, and obviously for dripper lovers who want simplicity on the go. This system is far superior IMO to the Big Dripper and Zero Gravity pump systems. I retired both of those quickly; this one I can see keeping in my current atty rotation.

Two cons: The black plastic AFC/drip tip piece makes it hard to see the AFC setting, so it's not an easy look-and-set. As before the chamber glass fits the top cap and base a little loosely for my sense of confidence should I bump the atty into something.

My sense is the Fountain V2 would be best in a side by side mod where it can be somewhat protected. Like this except with a bigger opening for squonking:

IMAG1257_picmonkeyed.jpg

Microstick converted to use an 18650 battery. It's under 85mm tall to the top of the switch, nice and light, and very comfortable in the hand and pocket. Compare this to a Reo Grand and I'd prefer it hands down. Of course if you need a 10ml reservoir 5ml isn't going to cut it, but it's fine for me.

Last edited:

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles

Looking forward to what you have to say about it, @wabah58.

Reactions: wabah58

wabah58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
Missouri
Pretty cool little atty!

My normal build came out higher ohm that usual but it ended up perfect because I wanted to run this on my PWM box at 70%. My 7 wrap 24 ga came out at almost .5 ohm. Not sure it the design of the atty makes a little more resistance, or just one of those deals. Im hitting it at about 7 volts, and it is really a flavor chaser atty. Super easy squonk action. Medium wire holes, med air flow at wide open (IMO) but im not a big air flow guy anyway. Does need a mild bath on opening. Very easy to build, and very cool workable atty. Just fits perfect for a squonking PWM set up. I really like it.

Seems to hold in heat a bit.

Fountain 2.jpg

Fountain 3.jpg

Fountain 1.jpg

Fountain 4.jpg

JavaJunkie

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Virginia
Ours arrived today.

Order history for those who care:

Order placed: Aug 21st.
Notification that it shipped: Aug 25th.
First tracking scan: Aug 27th. (Deutsche post, but Hong Kong depot)
Second tracking scan: Sept 1st. In the USA. No location.
No more scans.
Delivered: Sept 4th.

This was the free shipping. I'd use this vendor again, but patience is necessary.

Everything arrived in good condition. I didn't soak, clean, or anything before I built my coil. Probably should have done something like that, but...ehh...not feeling. Got a spare glass cylinder and a baggie of spare o-rings, screws, and the (obligatory?) tiny blue screw driver. Seems to be well built especially considering the price. I expected crap for just over $12.00. I'm really impressed with this. The drip tip is proprietary. Can't just drop any random drip tip on it. Decent airflow. I've had better. It's a top air supply and this is my first RDA with that. Perhaps this is normal for that? I don't know. The image (wolf) on it won't be easily removed.

Now for problems. The glass seems really loose. I've knocked off the top cap a couple of times with just normal vaping. Not sure if spare parts can be found so I'm not willing to let this leave the house. I'll lose that top cap in no time. Even though the glass feels loose, I've not had any leaks. If I could find spare top caps, I'd be comfortable leaving the house with it. I tried the dental floss trick. Didn't help much. Two wraps was too much and one wrap wasn't enough. Perhaps I need thinner dental floss.

Back to pros. The little feeder bottle is easy to squish (squonk?), but it's not mushy. I only built one coil because I'm lazy like that. Don't recommend it for this one. I do that in my other drippers, but this one is providing half flavor--like one half of my tongue gets flavor and the other half doesn't. I think that's the result of me only building one coil and the top airflow. The flavor is good though. Can't fault the dripper for my laziness.

Bottom line: Glad I bought it. Would buy it again if I lost it. Highly recommend not being lazy and build two coils.

Build: 0.33Ohms basic coil built with 26 twisted wire. Basic build (meaning however it turned out cuz I don't care that much).

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Where I've seen this for sale, the Chinese websites and 3FVapes, it's been called 'Fountain V2 Style', does that make this a clone?

The name and the price would suggest clone, but a Google search doesn't reveal any details regarding an authentic?

I've been toying with getting a Squonker for a while now, but this atty may have saved me the trouble (and expense).

I really like the design too (except for the wolf engraving of course).

I'll order one of these from Fasttech, and get topped up on Koh Gen Doh while I'm at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread