Status
Not open for further replies.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
@IMRs Have you tried it out? I've never used mine except for bike parts. I usually run a solution that's not vape friendly.:)
Yes! I was using it early this morning. I did a bunch of 'Air coil parts and I did throw a pair of eyeglasses in at one point.
The insulators and everything look new now. I'm liking it!

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
:thumbs:

If you recoil, it's worth it.
I used it on my RTA's to clean all the little nooks and crannies.
Good enough for carbs...
As a suggestion, you can cut the top off an old water bottle, fill with water to the level in your UC and
place your coils or tank in that. Isolates it from the nasties that might be left over...
Like this:
0889125.jpg

Viola! you can use your current UC machine!

KelogGes

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Ft Lauderdale FL
It ain't the money, it's the shipping time. Still hasn't shipped even though they upgraded to shipped already.

Your shipping time statement IS SO TRUE

What is kind of amazing is somehow Heaven Gifts in China is getting much faster mail processing times to the US on china cheap E-Packet shipping than I have ever gotten before as it normally takes my china orders shipping time to USPS delivery about 2.5 weeks or so which has been my experience

This could be a game changer if china cheap air-mail with tracking, E-Packet delivery times went to or were only 8 days or a couple of days more

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Yes! I was using it early this morning. I did a bunch of 'Air coil parts and I did throw a pair of eyeglasses in at one point.
The insulators and everything look new now. I'm liking it!
Works great on 50 year old bike carbs too. 1964 Honda Dream carburetor was crudded up and nasty
bs carbs honda carb and cover 040 (600x450).jpg

!966 Bridgestone carbs after cleaning
bs carbs honda carb and cover 052 (640x479).jpg

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
:thumbs:

If you recoil, it's worth it.
I used it on my RTA's to clean all the little nooks and crannies.
Good enough for carbs...
As a suggestion, you can cut the top off an old water bottle, fill with water to the level in your UC and
place your coils or tank in that. Isolates it from the nasties that might be left over...
Like this:
0889125.jpg

Viola! you can use your current UC machine!
I just wonder if it will work as good with the parts in a plastic container.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
How about a hot bath in my ultrasonic cleaner I use for carburetors. It'd be like a sauna...:)
Idk...I always just do mine under warm running water. I wash the outside with a little soapy water then allow it to air dry. Rob told me to do it once about once a month.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Yes it works great. Ideally, you want as thin as plastic container as possible, water bottles have gotten
so thin they work great! I do it with parts I want to add cleaner to but don't want to clean out the UC afterwards.
Also, you can just run ot for an extra cycle or two if you don't feel it's doing the job.

KelogGes

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Ft Lauderdale FL
I wonder if an ultrasonic cleaner would clean used atomizers enough so they could be reused and have their life extended?
Anyone tried this???

Bike your Honda carb looks like it cleaned up excellently like NEW! I have rebuilt a lot of carburetors in my lifetime using really good chemical carburetor cleaners WITH GOOD results; however in looking at your ultrasonic cleaning pictures, they look like a better job then chemicals? ??

I have never used an ultrasonic cleaner, but know they work very well for some applications, and have been debating getting one for a long time. It is possible they can clean somethings better than other methods

Works great on 50 year old bike carbs too. 1964 Honda Dream carburetor was crudded up and nasty
View attachment 487362

!966 Bridgestone carbs after cleaning
View attachment 487360 [

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I wonder if an ultrasonic cleaner would clean used atomizers enough so they could be reused and have their life extended?
I just opened mine up this morning and tried that. I didn't have it in there too long and it cleaned the silica spotless and the wire still looks a little dark, but if I would have gone more cycles with it, I would imagine it can work. I'll try that in the near future to see. It's all cleaned up and put away at the moment. It's a really good investment and not really expensive. I paid around 26 shipped and I'm really liking it already.
This morning I did mostly all the parts of some coils and they came out looking brand new! :)
Oh and a pair of eyeglasses came out nice too.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Anyone tried this???

Bike your Honda carb looks like it cleaned up excellently like NEW! I have rebuilt a lot of carburetors in my lifetime using really good chemical carburetor cleaners WITH GOOD results; however in looking at your ultrasonic cleaning pictures, they look like a better job then chemicals? ??

I have never used an ultrasonic cleaner, but know they work very well for some applications, and have been debating getting one for a long time. It is possible they can clean somethings better than other methods
It's better than using carb cleaners.:2c: But if you use a chemical dip first, you'll get super quick results. I find I don't need it. Maybe run them 3 or 4 cycles sometimes. Even gets the jets and orifices clean.

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread