Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
If you like how you setup is working for you, no need to change.:)
Many vapers love vaping at low wattage.

I like running at higher wattage (a warmer vape). I can't do this with a nautilus because it doesn't have enough airflow & wicking ability to support higher wattage. SubΩ clearomizers do have this so they can run at higher wattage.

Lower Ohm Coils Will:
  • Heat The Coil Faster
  • Produce More Vapor
  • Drain The Battery Faster
  • Use E-Juice Faster
  • Produce A Warmer Tasting Vape
Higher Ohm Coils Will:
  • Heat The Coil Slower, Which Will Produce “Less” Vapor
  • Provide A “Cooler” Tasting Vape
  • Use Less E-Juice
  • Prolong Battery Life

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
One thing to be careful of with the 20W Istick. After some months of screwing a stainless steel tank onto what I presume are the mild steel threads of the Istick, the softer threads stripped so my Istick is now unusable. It's been replaced with the 40W version with stainless threads. Should last longer.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Its a damned good little device for the money. My dad who is 68 and was a two pack a day smoker has been using his all day, every day, since Christmas of last year with zero issues.

I tried it out before giving it to him and it hit almost as good as my Provari....once I figured out its a little overpowered.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I tried it out before giving it to him and it hit almost as good as my Provari....once I figured out its a little overpowered.

Zapped, that's because the iStick 20 uses a cheaper 33.3 hz regulationg chip causing the so-called "rattlesnake effect". These chips can't step down their voltage at lower voltage ranges, which if I remember correctly you vape at.

Why Mods that Use the Cheap 33.3 Hz Chip don't Vape the Same as a Provari, DNA-20, etc

Most of the Chinese mod manufacturers use cheaper, less sophisticated regulating chips in order to decrease production and sale costs, which use "mean" and not "RMS" regulation. These are not capable of down regulating power (they can be widely inaccurate, especially at lower voltages). They can't output voltages between 3v and 4.2 volts even though their display say they can and are. Therefore, they may appear to be vaping "hot" or harsh at lower wattage settings.

upload_2015-7-6_10-46-36-png.469194

Fit_Four_Life

Verified Member
Jun 14, 2015
Lower Ohm Coils Will:
  • Heat The Coil Faster
  • Produce More Vapor
  • Drain The Battery Faster
  • Use E-Juice Faster
  • Produce A Warmer Tasting Vape
Higher Ohm Coils Will:
  • Heat The Coil Slower, Which Will Produce “Less” Vapor
  • Provide A “Cooler” Tasting Vape
  • Use Less E-Juice
  • Prolong Battery Life

If the person is using a variable wattage mod in wattage mode set at a specific wattage then some of those things listed are incorrect.

A 0.5 ohm coil will drain the battery just as quickly as a 1.8 ohm coil will drain the battery when set at a specific wattage, (this doesn't take into account the inefficiency of the buck/boost circuit in the mod).

Battery drain | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
If the person is using a variable wattage mod in wattage mode set at a specific wattage then some of those things listed are incorrect.

A 0.5 ohm coil will drain the battery just as quickly as a 1.8 ohm coil will drain the battery when set at a specific wattage, (this doesn't take into account the inefficiency of the buck/boost circuit in the mod).

It also doesnt take into account battery drain rates.

Lower resistance means current flows faster.

Higher means it flows slower.

Granted this is less of an issue with mods that use watts versus volts but it still applies here.

One thing to be careful of with the 20W Istick. After some months of screwing a stainless steel tank onto what I presume are the mild steel threads of the Istick, the softer threads stripped so my Istick is now unusable. It's been replaced with the 40W version with stainless threads. Should last longer.

If I'm not mistaken (if I am, its the 30w), tmlhe reason that happens is the firing pin gets depressed into the istick too hard repeatedly, then it pops out and doesn't connect to the atomizer, from what I understand that's just a push back in and replace the o-ring.. that or push it back in and spin clockwise to tighten it back. ..

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
If I'm not mistaken (if I am, its the 30w), tmlhe reason that happens is the firing pin gets depressed into the istick too hard repeatedly, then it pops out and doesn't connect to the atomizer, from what I understand that's just a push back in and replace the o-ring.. that or push it back in and spin clockwise to tighten it back. ..

No it's definitely stripped threads as I can get it to work by using a 1mm wide bit of thin card to jam the tank onto the I stick but it's a bit wobbly and not to be carried in the pocket where it can dislodge..

Reactions: infamousj012

Gothicmace59

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Henry County Georgia
Just a side note on this. ..I have screwed in the adapter that comes with it and then just screw the tanks in and out of that...thus way if anything does wear out...its the adapter threads and you can replace that for around 2 bucks at any vape store. May make your tanks sit up higher...but I never need to worry about wearing out the iStick threads any time.
Happy Vaping
Cheers
Mace

Gothicmace59

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Henry County Georgia
This little guy seems to wore great with its 20w... why would I go higher? Kicked my ... on 13w, 18 mg juice. .. been a day but no analog''s yet.
Good for you!!! I stopped smoking in May of this year and did it with my little iStick 20 and either my pro tank 3 ... Mini pro tanks 2&3 or my Evod2 tanks....that's a great setup and still use it. I am now down to 3mg juice...and now also sub ohm and have 2 rda units that I really love building coils on. YOU keep up the good work. Oh and to see your $$$ savings...just put the money you are no longer spending on icky sticks into that jar each week. You will be amazed.
Happy vaping
Cheers
Mace.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN

Yes, all known to me (vaping 9 years as of this month). I should have stated "in general". I didn't want to delineate all the finer points to someone new to vaping and scare them away with TMI.

BTW, Ahlusion has been running more sales. Still at 35% off if you need more LVC or would like to try new flavors.:)

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I have a bunch of 20 watters. They work fine for me, especially with the Nautilus mini and GS Air. I do use a 510 to Ego/510 adapter on all of them except one. I replaced the 510 connector on that one with an old style 510 connector like this.

01_Connector.jpg

The 20w has very soft threads and will strip out with repeated tank changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread