Looking for alternatives to White Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaePerEyesSir

Sep 18, 2015
Hello all! New vaper here looking for a bit of advice. I am very new to vaping and am looking for some help/recommendations.

I'm a young guy who has been smoking traditional cigs for about 5 years. I've recently become determined to quit before I do too much damage to my health and am very intrigued by the concept of vaping. Over the past 3 months I've experimented with a few different brands. I started with a couple of the basic models you can buy at the gas station (Mark Ten, Vuse) and quite frankly found them to be utter garbage. I nearly gave up right away, but was encouraged to try White Cloud after reading a few stellar reviews online. I was initially impressed with their Cirrus 3x model, which offered much better battery life and flavor than the other models I tried, but then again it isn't that hard to improve on the crappy overpriced gas station brands.

I'm now at the point where every puff seems less satisfying than the last, and feel like I'm in danger of relapsing back to the analog cancer sticks. I was hoping that if I made a post highlighting what I like/dislike about my Cirrus that a wiser, more experienced user could recommend a better setup based on my personal preferences. So here goes!

The Pros:

1) The Flavors - I've tried about ten different flavors and honestly, they've all been pretty darn good. I especially enjoy the Bora Bora and Atlantic Cut. huge improvement over the Vuse and Mark Ten.

2) Convenience - I feel like their two day shipping cost is pretty decent at $7, I like being able to get them fairly quickly and not having to fill the cartridges myself, just open the package and start vaping immediately.

3) Nicotine Level Options - The other models I've tried all came with only one option for nicotine strength. With the Cirrus I've been slowly working my way from full strength down to light, and ideally would like to continue to ultralight. Eventually going nicotine-free is a goal of mine, so the option to keep vaping without continuing to feed my nicotine dependence sounds very appealing to me.

Things I'm Ho-Hum About:

1) Battery Life - Again, as advertised, way better than the other brands I've tried, but I feel like they are exaggerating when they say it lasts three times longer than their competitors. I'm not sure what the industry standard is here, but as long as I remember to charge it at night I'm usually good for the whole day, which works fine for me.

2) Size - This kind of ties in with the battery life. It's obviously way less bulky than toting around a pack of smokes, but I wouldn't mind trading a bit of sleekness for improved power or battery life.

3) Price - Definitely noticed that I'm saving money compared to buying traditional cigs, but I feel like a better value has to be out their somewhere.

The Cons:

1) Really I have only one major gripe with my Cirrus, but it is a HUGE one for me... and that's the general dissatisfaction with my puffs. I just can't seem to get a good, solid hit off of the thing. If you try to hit it too hard it starts overheating and leaking liquid, which can be really nasty if it gets in your mouth. On their website they even acknowledge this problem and advise users to take long, slow drags. I just can't seem to get used to this and find myself craving that feeling you get in your throat/chest when you take a nice, solid drag that really fills up your lungs.

So based on my experiences so far, can anyone recommend me a setup that would give me a more satisfying puff without sacrificing the things I like about my Cirrus? I'd really appreciate any feedback that anyone is willing to provide. I have to go to work soon, but will check back every few hours to answer any questions and respond to feedback. Thanks in advance!

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @VaePerEyesSir. Glad to have you here!:)

Wish I could give you some advise but I gave up using "cigalike" products 7 or so years ago. Didn't like the battery life, tight draw, cartomizers/cartridges. Didn't like being tied into flavors only offered by the manufacturer. Didn't like the price.

Hopefully someone will come along who has recent experience with "cigalikes". But until then, if you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below is a blog post by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.
Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:

Last edited:

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello @VaePerEyesSir and welcome to the forum. I tried the "cig a likes" and they didn't work for me. Totally unsatisfying vape, no battery life, meh flavors.

There are many different styles of personal vapes you can buy. For people who are on the cig a like I recommend the Eleaf iStick 30 watt and Aspire Nautilus Mini.
4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

The mod/battery (iStick) is a 2200 mah (mah is battery life before recharge), and the tank (Nautilus Mini) is about as close as you can get to mimic a cig draw with plenty of flavor and vapor. Both are very user friendly. (another option to the 30 watt is the iStick 40 watt a 2600 mah unit with temperature control when you use special coils in the tank you choose, and it's about the same price) Eleaf iStick 40W TC Temperature Control Mod --- Eleaf iSmoka iStick 30W Box Mod Kit --- Eigate Aspire Nautilus Mini - 2ml (and I recommend a few extra coils, which can last up to two weeks depending on use) - Atomizer head for Aspire Nautilus BVC (V2) .

Below is my journey, the Nautilus is on the Spinner 2 in the middle and iStick 50 watt on far right.
My%20Vape%202%20007_zpst1e620rm.jpg

As you can see I went through 3 different levels of vape before I got to the Nautilus Mini which I loved. The spinner 2 (battery) in the center was a 1600 mah and it wasn't until I got the mod/battery of the IStick that I realized the cigs were gone and vape would work for me (due to the increase in vape quality).

Even the cheapest (left) in this picture is better than the cig a like you are now using. The array of flavors available for vape is mind boggling and I would suggest a trip to a local vape shop to sample flavors and see what you like. The prices in a local shop will be more expensive than you can find online but you won't have to wait the 4 days usual shipping. The "house brand" juices will be the least expensive, but once you know what you like you can shop online for that as well.
DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple pages)
FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

You can also shop through Vapecrawler once you decide what you are interested in buying.

Good luck in your journey.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
You should also go here : Win Win Win! Huge 600 device Cloupor Mini Plus TC ECF giveaway! | E-Cigarette Forum
click the "So, sign up here now", and make a post to say hello in the thread (which gives you another chance at a free mod as 200 will be given away in the thread).

However...you may need to get 5 posts/replies in first to post in that thread for the extra (and better odds chance).

As a new member you need to get 5 posts/replies in to get full member status and be able to access other areas of the forum. AFTER you get the 5 posts/replies then you have to wait till half past the hour for the forum to update/reset and then you are good to go. Most new people find other new members threads and say hello "I'm new also", I'm looking at XXX gear...etc.." replies in any thread count towards the five.

Reactions: SkinyFatMan

VaePerEyesSir

Sep 18, 2015
Hello @VaePerEyesSir and welcome to the forum. I tried the "cig a likes" and they didn't work for me. Totally unsatisfying vape, no battery life, meh flavors.

There are many different styles of personal vapes you can buy. For people who are on the cig a like I recommend the Eleaf iStick 30 watt and Aspire Nautilus Mini.
4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

The mod/battery (iStick) is a 2200 mah (mah is battery life before recharge), and the tank (Nautilus Mini) is about as close as you can get to mimic a cig draw with plenty of flavor and vapor. Both are very user friendly. (another option to the 30 watt is the iStick 40 watt a 2600 mah unit with temperature control when you use special coils in the tank you choose, and it's about the same price) Eleaf iStick 40W TC Temperature Control Mod --- Eleaf iSmoka iStick 30W Box Mod Kit --- Eigate Aspire Nautilus Mini - 2ml (and I recommend a few extra coils, which can last up to two weeks depending on use) - Atomizer head for Aspire Nautilus BVC (V2) .

Below is my journey, the Nautilus is on the Spinner 2 in the middle and iStick 50 watt on far right.
My%20Vape%202%20007_zpst1e620rm.jpg

As you can see I went through 3 different levels of vape before I got to the Nautilus Mini which I loved. The spinner 2 (battery) in the center was a 1600 mah and it wasn't until I got the mod/battery of the IStick that I realized the cigs were gone and vape would work for me (due to the increase in vape quality).

Even the cheapest (left) in this picture is better than the cig a like you are now using. The array of flavors available for vape is mind boggling and I would suggest a trip to a local vape shop to sample flavors and see what you like. The prices in a local shop will be more expensive than you can find online but you won't have to wait the 4 days usual shipping. The "house brand" juices will be the least expensive, but once you know what you like you can shop online for that as well.
DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple pages)
FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

You can also shop through Vapecrawler once you decide what you are interested in buying.

Good luck in your journey.
wow, THANK YOU! this is exactly the kind of reply i was hoping to get, tons of new info for me, really encouraged me not to give up on vaping. I will do a bit more research later tonight but you've given me a fantastic starting point, thanks so much again.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
wow, THANK YOU! this is exactly the kind of reply i was hoping to get, tons of new info for me, really encouraged me not to give up on vaping. I will do a bit more research later tonight but you've given me a fantastic starting point, thanks so much again.

Looking back, it was so easy It was just short of a miracle for my life. Desire is the most important, followed by a flavor you enjoy, proper nicotine level, and decent gear. You don't need the best to quit but upgrade from where you're at is almost a guarantee you'll kill the cigs. Life gets so much better with vape.

Don't be shy about asking for information, ECF is here to help.

VaePerEyesSir

Sep 18, 2015
Hello and welcome to the forum @VaePerEyesSir. Glad to have you here!:)

Wish I could give you some advise but I gave up using "cigalike" products 7 or so years ago. Didn't like the battery life, tight draw, cartomizers/cartridges. Didn't like being tied into flavors only offered by the manufacturer. Didn't like the price.

Hopefully someone will come along who has recent experience with "cigalikes". But until then, if you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below is a blog post by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.
Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:
thank you for the warm welcome and for providing those links! after reading up a bit I think I will definitely be upgrading to a new setup that is NOT one of these so-called "cigalikes." It seems like I made a mistake jumping right in without doing my research and impulse-buying an inferior product.

SInce I noticed you are also from the Twin Cities (GO TWINS!), I was wondering if you could recommend a good vape shop in the area for me to visit and increase my familiarity with the various products available. Thanks again!

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I will do a bit more research later tonight but you've given me a fantastic starting point, thanks so much again.
See these youtube reviews on the istick 30 watt & Mini Nautilus.
thank you for the warm welcome and for providing those links! after reading up a bit I think I will definitely be upgrading to a new setup that is NOT one of these so-called "cigalikes." It seems like I made a mistake jumping right in without doing my research and impulse-buying an inferior product.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
SInce I noticed you are also from the Twin Cities (GO TWINS!), I was wondering if you could recommend a good vape shop in the area for me to visit and increase my familiarity with the various products available. Thanks again!
I don't get out a lot due to mobility issues, but my favorite shop is Smokeless Smoking. Their main vape store is in Bloomington. This would be the one with the most vape products. Unfortunately, due to laws in Bloomington, you can't vape in any vape shop so you will not be able to taste test the juice they carry.

I would still go to Bloomington first to see products and then visit some of their other locations if you wanted to taste test juice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread