• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Guy I work with just got back from deployment. Had some bad vaping news...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
With the Marines there's always some trash talking everywhere and about everything. Question has to be was it the normal good natured ribbing that is common place and he took it the wrong way? Is he maybe one of those guys that folks just love to give a hard time? Or, does the gear he uses cause the issue?
Not saying it didn't happen at least in part but have to question the constantly piece of it.

Susan2014

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Va
Proud mother of a Marine and he vapes and NO ONE makes fun of him. If you seen on tv about the accident with the helicopter at Camp Lejeune, NC. my son is the leader of that platoon. Keep them all in your prayers. One passed others other doing better including my son.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Proud mother of a Marine and he vapes and NO ONE makes fun of him. If you seen on tv about the accident with the helicopter at Camp Lejeune, NC. my son is the leader of that platoon. Keep them all in your prayers. One passed others other doing better including my son.

My utmost gratitude to him and his platoon for their service and sacrifice, I'm glad he is on the mend :)

WindyCityJoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Best wishes for your son and his platoon.
Semper Fi

av8tor

Mar 21, 2010
Back in the States
So he came back from deployment with the Marines. He was vaping wherever he was (wouldn't tell me) and said he was constantly ridiculed by both smokers and non-smokers. Why is this? "What a pansy, trying not to die at 50!"

I don't get it...
I spent 5 years overseas, vaped in our TOC and there were no issues. Allot of the soldiers there vaped as well. The marines can be rough on everything, the way the are trained I guess but vaping is getting more and more prevalent in the military as it is cheaper than smoking and better for the health, especially for PT. Just my humble opinion.

V/R
Av8tor

plehem12

Jan 2, 2015
Area 1, Korea
im in the army and a vaper. at my last unit their seemed to be more vapers than smokers. they got me into it. at my current unit i was the lone vaper when i got here almost 7 months ago. everyone would ask questions when they would see me at the smoke area and compliment and say it looks cool. now there are tons of vapers in my company. unfortunately here in korea they really overcharge off post for the simple eGo style pens and generic tanks. and every single one of them go buy one and THEN decide to ask me if its good and if they got a good deal...but at least theyre trying

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
im in the army and a vaper. at my last unit their seemed to be more vapers than smokers. they got me into it. at my current unit i was the lone vaper when i got here almost 7 months ago. everyone would ask questions when they would see me at the smoke area and compliment and say it looks cool. now there are tons of vapers in my company. unfortunately here in korea they really overcharge off post for the simple eGo style pens and generic tanks. and every single one of them go buy one and THEN decide to ask me if its good and if they got a good deal...but at least theyre trying
Send 'em here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread