Reo Grande Clone review

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the REO GRANDE supplied to me free for review by Focalecig.

It would not be my first choice of squonker, I really dont like the "chimney" 510 for obvious reasons.
It will only take a 14mm atty without using a 510 adapter as I did.

Let`s face it, it looks bleedin awful :p. I could hardly bear to look at it let alone vape from it.
Got the Dremel out and three cutting discs and about 15 minutes later it is
much more presentable, to my eyes anyway.

Apart from anything else the 510 adapter is going to introduce another contact point which
will add to voltage drop.

If you are going to do this yourself, be sure not to take too much off, there is no spring loading on
the 510 pin. I think I ended up taking off about 3mm.

A bit of black paint on the bare aluminium cut surface and it will be spot on.

I did have an issue when I went to use the mod. The copper contact piece appeared to be off centre so I thought I would take it all apart and straighten it up.

In order to do it, you have to remove the black plastic cover (1 screw). Then remove the silicone pipe which takes the liquid up to the atty.

It`s fiddly, but you can get the parts out okay if
you need to.

You can just tighten up the SS threaded tube from here. There is no locating position as such, you just have to hold the copper strip (contact)
in position and tighten the SS tube up. Then push the silicone tube back on and replace the plastic cover.

The pics below might help you.

The mod works very well, it is more of a mechanical mod than the Owl mod as there
are no wires in the mod at all,just a very simple switching mechanism.
The button can be turned so that the mod will not fire if it is in your pocket.

There doesn`t appear to be any way to lock it in the OFF position though.

There does seem to be a bit more "punch" from this mod than you get from the Owl squonker.

The back cover can slide beyond the position where it is flush top and bottom.
Perhaps they would have been better to leave a lip of the top edge for the cover to rest against.
I estimate the bottle to hold about 6ml of juice, could be wrong though.

So in conclusion, it works as well as can be expected from a simple mechanical squonker. Using half ohm coils it does give a pretty good vape
smiley.png

focalecig.com/Product/Reo-Grand-Style-18650-Bottom-Feeder-ModBlack-28710

about $28

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
I ordered one to be able to compare it to a REO. I want to see how to differentiate them in case I want to buy any more used REOs mods from the classies.
Looks like the paint job on the interior would give the clone away if they all have the consistency of this one, otherwise all the hardware shown in close ups looks exactly like what's in my LP Reo with the new 510 connection.

I guess for now, just avoid black non LP Reos with adjustable 510 if you are at all suspicious?

Reactions: ENAUD

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I want to see how to differentiate them in case I want to buy any more used REOs mods from the classies.

I see in my crystal ball that plenty of these will show up on Ebay and people will not know they are buying a clone.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I am very excited to receive this...I just ordered this mod plus the Chalice lll for a total of $28

Even if I have to order the replacement kit from Reo and decided to make it a low profile
Just did the same order myself for my 2 year vapaversy, can't beat the price to try a BF for under $28. :D

Reactions: Huntsmanlance

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I ordered one to be able to compare it to a REO. I want to see how to differentiate them in case I want to buy any more used REOs mods from the classies.

Just a little reminder that the sale of these will not be permitted in the ECF Classifieds per the rules re Counterfeits :)

Last edited:

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
I picked up the fake Reo from Focal with a fake Derringer for $23 and change. Milled 3mm off the catch cup, painted the bare aluminum, removed the paint under the batt spring and drilled out the positive pin on the atty. Result? This performs as well as my SMPL mechs as far as voltage drop. It hits hard and consistent. No leaks whatsoever, either. Pretty much unbeatable for value.

The paint quality, fire button and the positive contact strip could be improved, but at this price point, who could complain? :)
View media item 428900View media item 428899

Reactions: Huntsmanlance

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I am very excited to receive this...I just ordered this mod plus the Chalice lll for a total of $28

Even if I have to order the replacement kit from Reo and decided to make it a low profile

Just did the same order myself for my 2 year vapaversy, can't beat the price to try a BF for under $28. :D
If you read this, don't waste your money, BOTH are Crap. JMHO

I'll stick with my Hybris and Sophia. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread