Protank 2 and burnt taste. What's happening...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ferinlaw, Hi guy, you still here? I'm currently vaping a PT2 and I've had the same kind of trouble myself from time to time. This time it's going ok. I'm using a Kanger 1.5 ohm coil at 3.5 volts and it is doing just fine. I'm vaping green apple at either 60% or 80% PG. I find the light clear juices give the least trouble. You said you had the same ohm coil, is it a Kanger brand coil? There can be a lot of inconsistency between coils even within the same brand. I also use Smok single coils with the same result, some good some not. Anyway, good luck with that. Don't give up the ProTank is a good tank, most of the time.
And Katya, thanks for the great primer.
Keep on vapin' Red

Last edited:

Gothicmace59

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Henry County Georgia
I love the new SOCC coils for my Mini Pro Tank 2's the flavor is just 10 times better then Silica and very easy to rewick them instead of just tossing coils. (I never did get dry hits with Silica under 7 watts but the Organic Cotton a lot better taste) Just gently pull old wick out then rinse just the coil and dry burn. Then rewick the coil with a new piece of organic cotton. I did this even with the silica ones. Toss those flavor wicks and pull the silica out! Use cotton!
Heres link to how to rewick explains it very good
http://www.itcvapes.com/blogs/news/12183385-stop-throwing-away-your-protank-coils

Here's link about the new Organic Cotton coils
http://www.sun-vapers.com/kangers-new-socc-coils-reviewed/
Wow...great link...will try rewicking them. Woots.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
Wow...great link...will try rewicking them. Woots.
I had issues at first but did it step by step they have in this link and was able to figure it out....you will want to play around with how much cotton you prefer for wicking or whatever you use for wicking

Reactions: Gothicmace59

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
But I have just been rewicking my coil heads for like past month I'd say now. Saving me lots on not having to buy coil heads. Check out Rip Trippers YouTube videos he's got a good one for a 1.8ohm Micro Coil build for the Mini Pro Tank 2 that can run at 15w. I'm going to attempt this build soon as I got a MVP box mod on way. Just need to get some Kanthal

Reactions: Gothicmace59
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread