The Lemo RTA: A Build With Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I love that little stand he is using to build. Anybody know where to get one?

I'll have to look at the video. I have 3 Roses so I use those stands. Also the Ubertoot clones came with building stands. fasttech has threaded atty stands you can buy, too. Just read the description to be sure you're buying a threaded one. After wrecking the 510 on an ohmmeter I stopped using one for building and went to using a stand.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I'll have to look at the video. I have 3 Roses so I use those stands. Also the Ubertoot clones came with building stands. Fasttech has threaded atty stands you can buy, too. Just read the description to be sure you're buying a threaded one. After wrecking the 510 on an ohmmeter I stopped using one for building and went to using a stand.
I have some of those mini Fasttech ones but I like that big one he has

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I have some of those mini Fasttech ones but I like that big one he has

He either made that or found someone who did. Maybe Google atty stands and see if you can find one like it.

He's wicking the same as I've been doing the past few months, pushing it back with a screwdriver.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Hey googling it worked!

12087977_1635467073373027_9015710543478597650_n.jpg

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Mine is actually on my old Sigelei 100W. Its been there a year, lol! I like the battery life. With all these Aromamizers and other high power tanks, it may have to move though.

Has anyone tried cutting a notch in the wick tail over the juice slot? Its an idea I had a few weeks ago, but haven't tried. Its funny...the Lemo was my second RTA. I've had it more than a year. Never, ever had a problem until after more than 5 months with the wicking. Then during the next 2 months I think I dry hit like 4x! And I've done it a few times since.
    I'm going to try that on my next wick, i'm using cellucotton (sallys).

narrdarr

ECF Veteran
    Oct 14, 2014
    fema region 9
    Mine is actually on my old Sigelei 100W. Its been there a year, lol! I like the battery life. With all these Aromamizers and other high power tanks, it may have to move though.

Has anyone tried cutting a notch in the wick tail over the juice slot? Its an idea I had a few weeks ago, but haven't tried. Its funny...the Lemo was my second RTA. I've had it more than a year. Never, ever had a problem until after more than 5 months with the wicking. Then during the next 2 months I think I dry hit like 4x! And I've done it a few times since.

I had the same problem. But fix it by wicking different. i stopped using the bunny ears method.
    i now do this:
    Run the cotton through the coil
    push the cotton down to deck making a crease in the cotton
    cut the cotton on the crease
    add alittle juice to the cotton(not to much as i top fill my lemo v1 n if i add to much the lemo floods(only on the first fill) and i have to clean out the base.) then form the cotton to the deck
    put the barrel on
    use a really small flat head screw driver and push right into the juice channel to make sure its clear
    then put the lemo together and fill.

this method has done me super well as the cotton is always perfect on the deck. + dealing with the flooding on the first fill is way better than having to break down the build and re-wicking. one year lemo user and still loving it.

Reactions: 52anddone

BigGOOSE

Verified Member
    Jul 6, 2015
    You've gotten in flatter than I ever have, but how is it doing? I've also done the S wick where I've put the tail on the left side at the top of the juice deck, and the tail on the right side at the bottom of the juice deck. That way they don't move when you screw the barrel on.

are you using the post holes or are you trapping the leads directly under the screws?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    are you using the post holes or are you trapping the leads directly under the screws?

So far I've found it easier to trap under the screws. The post holes would probably be better though for a parallel coil (which I had trouble trapping under the screws, but managed) or for twisted/Claptons.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    So far I've found it easier to trap under the screws. The post holes would probably be better though for a parallel coil (which I had trouble trapping under the screws, but managed) or for twisted/Claptons.

Call me crazy, but I did get 26/32 'UD' Clapton wire, 9 wraps on 2.5mm (and took a lot of Dink'in around to get it secured) to fit under the screws on my Lemo Drop. I had to crank up the power, of course, but it worked well (not the 'S' wicking but cut to just lay on the top of the deck and pushed back away from the juice holes). Not worth the trouble though, I use 30g 'UD' Twisted most of the time now, trapped under the screws. The post holes are just too fiddly for me and my arthritis, tried the post holes once and about had a heart attach mess'in around with my coil symmetry afterwards, I just got up and walked away for awhile. I just don't have the motor skills I once had I guess.

Last edited:
    Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Call me crazy, but I did get 26/32 'UD' Clapton wire, 9 wraps on 2.5mm (and took a lot of Dink'in around to get it secured) to fit under the screws on my Lemo Drop. I had to crank up the power, of course, but it worked well (not the 'S' wicking but cut to just lay on the top of the deck and pushed back away from the juice holes). Not worth the trouble though, I use 30g 'UD' Twisted most of the time now, trapped under the screws. The post holes are just too fiddly for me and my arthritis, tried the post holes once and about had a heart attach mess'in around with my coil symmetry afterwards, I just got up and walked away for awhile. I just don't have the motor skills I once had I guess.

A Clapton actually might be easier, especially if you unwrap some of the 32. Did you do that or put the whole thing under the screws? I did have trouble getting 2 strands of 26 under them.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    A Clapton actually might be easier, especially if you unwrap some of the 32. Did you do that or put the whole thing under the screws? I did have trouble getting 2 strands of 26 under them.

I just put the whole thing under the screw heads, lubed the wire with juice, and took some needle nose pliers and pinched the wire around the screw shaft as I tightened them up.

Edit; Screw shaft, Screw Threads I guess is a better explanation.

Last edited:
    Reactions: roxynoodle

BigGOOSE

Verified Member
    Jul 6, 2015

Trapping twisted is easier when you split the lead and trap one lead under each side of the screw then twist them back together around the screw. Wish I had pictures. Used to do it all the time in the Little boy RDA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Trapping twisted is easier when you split the lead and trap one lead under each side of the screw then twist them back together around the screw. Wish I had pictures. Used to do it all the time in the Little boy RDA.

That's how I do dual stacked coils in other attys :)

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran

That sounds like it could be a bit fiddly, but once done would be a very secure connection. I might try that, just for the hey.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread