Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
There ya go, that's one big advantage with Hawaii, specially with all the direct flights. Not too many airports they can bounce through in this area. lol

Ya know, I've tracked some of my packages from the States and they'll bounce around from state to state for 10 days searching for the next open flight out. It's like, "Oh look, Texas has a flight going out send it there." "Rats we missed it. Hey, Chicago has one going, send it there!" "Darn, missed again." The winning city is usually LA. After it gets out it'll reach me in 4 days, give or take. The fastest delivery was 7 days by first class priority.

Thank you so much, though.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
We're frickin' soaked. One downpour away from flooding and nothing but rain in the forecast. I'm up high enough. Most of the flooding will be east of us but we're not gonna go unscathed in this area.

I just saw that on a news site! Stay safe.

76bridget

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
April I really like that new mod you got. I need a new one. Love the iSticks but they just don't last very long. One (of my 2) died a month or so ago. It really didn't die, the threads just broke.
Did my local 5k today. Had a great time, but my foot is ready for a break. My time was just over my last race; but today's course was very hilly. Tried to post a pic but photobucket is taking a break right now. Maybe later.

76bridget

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
2bdeb74e736f2197f152d650921f91eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Bronze we could use a little of that rain y'all are getting. It is dry as a bone here. We are under a burn ban. I saw a kid on my property next to the woods this afternoon. I went to check it out. They had cleared off an area for a fort. I had already told my neighbor I didn't want them on my property. Well they had cut down one of my Papaw trees. You can't buy them around here. I planted that tree myself several years ago. They cut it about two foot from the ground. Then they had made a small fire there, you could see the burnt section. I had a discussion with my neighbor about this. He says it was his visitor's kids. Did I mention it was bone dry out there? There are leaves all on the ground, and woods. To top it off it was WINDY today. Let's just say I was furious. They were clearly well inside my property line. There was no dispute of that. His tools were there on the ground too. He didn't even know about that. He picked them up, and took them home. Nice tools too. I should have taken pictures. After talking to my friend about it on the phone, he said get pictures. So as I went to take pictures, the guys two sons had already cleaned up most of the area. They saw me coming and took off. I took pictures of what was left, especially of my tree, and the area they did the fire in. I did this for future reference. Kids need supervision. If you want to let them run hog wild on your property, so be it. But I don't want them on mine. If they get hurt, who is gonna be in trouble? You know it would be me. Days like these make me wish I could just pick up and move. I don't travel light, so that is a problem. But if I could, I would have already left, about two years ago!

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Morning Army,

Time for another glance back at 1985... Nine years after I graduated high school.
World News 1985
Brazil returns to civilian rule after 21 years of dictatorship,
Les Miserables, the musical, premieres in London,
Neil Simon's Biloxi Blues appears in Neil's Theater in NY City &
Mikhail Gorbachev becomes General Secretary of the Soviet Communist Party

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Evening........

That pic has been photo shopped... Look at the waves! They're all brushed out smooth. Wonder if they adjusted the color on the moon too. Hmmm. Nice pic though.

2bdeb74e736f2197f152d650921f91eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats on the run, Bridget. you're wearing red, right?

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
KKAY, I know how you feel. as a kid my brothers and I always got the third degree about not messing with trees on other peoples' property. We had 12 acres in Lockport, NY and didn't want anyone messing it. So it definitely goes both ways. Next door neighbors raised horses and across the street was a cherry orchard. Those neighbors didn't want us messing with the trees either. Real nice folks, though. We got all the cherries we could eat because we helped harvest them.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Morning Army. The rains have slowed, now the winds are increasing. This Carolina Clay gats real soft when saturated, so I expect trees down somewhere. Luckily we still have power here. Coffee is ready, time for first cup.
So, Bridgette is the "Tall Girl". It's really not my place to comment on the subject of physical fitness (understatement), but I seem to remember several posts of yours about your foot. 'Planter's Corn', or something like that ? Cut the core out (so much fun), soak with Iodine or Isopropyl Alcohol (even more fun), and try to stay off of that foot as much as possible. I don't know that running 5K's on that foot is such a good thing...

Good Morning Army. Have a Safe and Blessed Sunday :nun:

76bridget

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Papaw, it's plantar fasciitis. Copied from the web: It involves pain and inflammation of a thick band of tissue, called the plantar fascia, that runs across the bottom of your foot and connects your heel bone to your toes.

Today is the first day of a 6 week break, although I've started some therapy that Lori told me about. Still plan to do my strength training and may look into yoga.

Users who are viewing this thread