Win Win Win! Huge 600 device Cloupor Mini Plus TC ECF giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
Would definitely subscribe for this.

Hi there Oxigen!
welcome.gif

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Yep! I get up early on Sunday's so I'll be ready for bed early Sunday night. I tried sleeping in one Sunday and it was midnight before I got to sleep that night. Not good when you have to get up at 3:00am on Monday.

It's never good having to get up at 3 - unless it's for fishing or hunting.

Reactions: JeremyR

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
I'm gonna share a little story with y'all.

I recently started working in the customer service field and cover the 5:30 PM to 2:00 AM shift. The account I work on handles money paid by friends and family to the commissary accounts of inmates in various prisons across the United States. I have discovered that after 9:00 PM, the people calling in start to get progressively dumber.

I had one call from a woman who was mad because she lost the password for her Gmail account and couldn't get in to read the emails from her son who was incarcerated. The following conversation ensued:

Ummm..... We're not Google, m'am. we can't help you with your email account.
Well why can't you?? He emailed me from the prison! You handle his money!
Yes, m'am but that has nothing to do with Google or Gmail.
Doesn't he have to buy "stamps" through you in order to have email access?
Yes, m'am, he does but that is through our email server and not Gmail.
Well, I KNOW you can fix my email if you can do it for him!
No, m'am. We do not have access of any kind to your Gmail account.
Well, I think you are a liar and a thief and I'm calling the BBB on Monday morning! *hangs up*

A couple of hours later, a gentleman calls in claiming his payment to his friend's commissary was never received. This was the conversation:

I sent $100 to (my buddy) in the State Pen. He says he never got it. I got a confirmation number but I was told it was invalid when I called in earlier.
OK, sir. What is your account number?
Oh! I didn't use MY account. I used someone else's account to make the payment.
You used someone else's account, sir?
Yes.
OK, the person whose name is actually on the account will have to call us to verify the payment went through. I cannot verify any information for you on someone else's account.
But it was MY money!
I understand, sir, but the account holder's personal information is on the account itself so they will have to be the ones to contact us.
OK, I'll try later then.

Not 10 minutes later, by the luck of the random draw, this guy calls back and ends up on my line again!

I sent $100 to (my buddy) in the State Pen. He says he never got it. I got a confirmation number but I was told it was invalid when I called in earlier.
OK, sir. What is your account number?
Oh! I didn't use MY account. I used someone else's account to make the payment.
Sir, I already told you we cannot verify any information on an account that is not in your name.
But it's MY money!
I understand that, sir, but as I've explained, that account holds sensitive personal information that the holder of the account needs to verify. You will have to talk with this person and have them call us regarding the payment.
But it's 2:00 in the morning...... (Different time zones)
I understand it's late, sir, but I cannot access that account without the account holder's permission. You will have to contact them later in the day and have them call us.
OK, I'll try again later then.

By the time I left at the end of my shift, this fool had made the rounds through every single agent working this account at least once and hit some of us twice. I think he was probably one of the most persistent ...... I have dealt with yet.

Thankfully, I have today off and tomorrow I start on days working a high end account for a financial institution. I'm sure there will be some real pains in the .... to deal with there as well but I'm praying for a higher intelligence level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread