Official ProVari Radius Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
That goes back to time and understanding, and some people don't have them.
A person shouldn't have to go out and get a engineering and chemistry degree because they want to stop smoking and try vaping.
Degree not required......following manufacturers directions and warnings will suffice.

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Sooo by the logic in here, I should be able to go out, take a ProVari 2.5, and find the crappiest 18650 flat top battery, and use a chunk of aluminum foil and a magnet to make it a button top and work in the ProVari....drop it a few times so that the foil shorts out the battery and the mod grenades......then sue the Vape shop who sold me the ProVari and ProVape for making the mod that forced me to improvise a battery?

Also, if ProVape can have their circuit design tell the quality of your connections...and them as well as others can tell you the health of your battery, there is absolutely NO reason that it couldn't shut itself down if it sensed a battery that was running hot, or being pushed beyond its limits. A battery being pushed too hard will sag in voltage much more than a battery that can take the draw.
The reliant follows this principle....it monitors battery sag, and won't let you vape at wattage too high for current battery conditions

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping

Reactions: RebelGolfer72

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Well, I'm sorry to say, your legal opinion has no value.

A Manufacturer has the responsibility to make sure the device is safe. The manufacturer has to anticipate what that device will do with ANY cell that will fit in it. If there is a cell that can become dangerous in it, they have to put in the needed safeguards to prevent that cell from doing harm. And you cannot get the consumer to hold the manufacturer harmless in the event the consumer makes a mistake. Contributory negligence is a fallacy in a product liability case.

I respect that some people understand the laws of physics, and engineering principles... but what the arm-chair engineers and well intentioned but misinformed EEs don't understand is that designing a product is a whole lot more than applying theory to a problem. Sure, you can build prototypes that way, and heck, they will even work... but when the rubber hits the road and the bullets get real, the manufacturer has an obligation to make the product safe, and if they fail to meet that criteria they WILL be held accountable.

Yes there are MANY small companies making devices that do not follow these best manufacturing practicies, and they are making devices that put their companies, and the consumers that purchase the goods, at risk. The retailer is also in the line of fire.

It doesn't matter if you agree with it... it's the way it is. All the logic, mathematical formulas and theoretical discussions of what SHOULD be possible doesn't amount to a damned hill of beans in the real world where one single lawsuit ends your company and puts dozens of people out of work. There are "best design and manufacturing practices" that need to be followed. Very few companies in cottage industries even know the exist, it doesn't mean that they don't need to be followed.

Again, you can say that the end-user is in some way responsible, but that doesn't make it so. Consumer products need to be designed for the lowest common denominator. And saying "this is an advanced user device" in no way limits the liability putting the burdon on the user.

It's just the way it is.

If you don't know the overhead of the circuit, you have no way of calculating that with pure speculation. And even then, if there is a battery that cannot safely drive it to that limit, it should not be released to the public.

In the pictures shown... there is no way on earth that there is room for dual cells.

Zen, I've been in the insurance biz forever. I've seen just about everything with my clients from murder to stupidity by leaving the fridge open all night. I've seen insurance companies screw their clients and their clients screw the insurance companies. I've also become paranoid about safety. Which is why out of 24 mods and around 60 tanks, I only use my six P3's, four Kabukis and four P3 Nautilus tanks, that will probably get replaced soon with Kabukis. And I also use only AW batteries. I sincerely hope not, but I'm afraid we are going to see some serious injury or death by people running to vape at 200 watts. I just pray their stupidity doesn't spoil the fun for the rest of us.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Variant, made by Vicious Ant... http://shop.vaporsource.com/vicious-ant-variant-titanium

DNA200 mods are not all made in China... Ummmm lets see... Protovapor, Hanamodz, Hobo Customs, Cloudmaker, Opus, Boxer, Steam Monkey, Dogmods, Litt Up Customs, Militia mods, Vapor Lips and Lost Vape are all made in the US. Add in a few local modder who are selling them... So 12 big US made mods vs 5 Chinese made boxes (VaporShark (which is a US company),Cigreen, Hcigar and Vapecig and Hotcig). http://vaping360.com/dna-200-box-mods/
Sorry, your argument doesn't fly here.

Soooo a $700 mod is a disposable mod? I would really like to know what kind of job you have to call $700 anything disposable http://shop.vaporsource.com/vicious-ant-variant-titanium

But, Rebel, I wonder how many of these companies have product liability insurance, and not only that but policies that are written correctly? I'll bet not many. I review dozens of policies a week and most are not worth a damn. People just bought something either on purpose or got ripped off by a policy that says they have X coverage, when it's really Z, and Z doesn't cover much. I'm guessing, of course, but I'll bet ProVape and Zen come closer to having the correct coverage than most of the other companies.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Just when i thought my vape shopping was done.

And tomorrow i have to go find this kabuki you are all raving about.

Nice to see a new provari :)

Had I not seen Zen interviewed on Vape Miser's podcast, I might never have spent the bread for a Kabuki. But I'm sure glad I did. I've now purchased four and will probably buy another four. Great tank. Buy one. You won't regret it.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I don't know anything about the lawsuit that was mentioned here. I do know not to jump to conclusions when it comes to lawsuits.
Take in point the famous McDonald's spilled coffee lawsuit.
I'm sure most here has heard of it, and all the jokes and put downs this poor lady went through. The good old news media basically said this women was driving and spilled her coffee, got burnt, and sued :?:
People were outraged over this.
Truth of what happened never seemed to make the news.
The women's name was 79 yr old Stella Liebeck, who was a passenger not the driver, in a parked car. Liebeck placed the cup between her knees and attempted to remove the plastic lid from the styrofoam cup so she could add cream and sugar to her coffee.
McDonalds held its coffee at between 180 and 190 degrees fahrenheit. Most places sell coffee and coffee served at home around 135 to 140 degrees, burn hazard exists with any food substance served at 140 degrees or above.
The sweatpants Liebeck was wearing absorbed the coffee and held it next to her skin. A vascular surgeon determined that Liebeck suffered full thickness burns (or third-degree burns) over 6 percent of her body, including her inner thighs, perineum, buttocks, and genital and groin areas. She was hospitalized for eight days, during which time she underwent skin grafting. Liebeck, who also underwent debridement treatments, sought to settle her claim for $20,000, but McDonalds refused.
There were 700 other claims by people burned by their coffee between 1982 and 1992. Some claims involved third-degree burns substantially similar to Liebecks.
So McDonald's knew about the risk. :?:

The truth is a pretty good read,
The Actual Facts about the Mcdonalds' Coffee Case
But my point is, unless you know all the honest true facts, don't judge a lawsuit from what the media tells you.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I am ALL ABOUT free markets and personal responsibility.

Vape is in a tenuous position right now, due to some less-than-honest politicians (redundant, I know).

At THIS MOMENT IN TIME, I care more about public perception than my basic principles.

I repeat that I trust ProVape's experience and opinion, probably more than anyone else in the industry, to help us (hopefully) navigate through this treacherous period.

If we make it through (and there's no guarantee that we will) , my position will change dramatically.

Last edited:

Nica

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Australia
¡ɔᴉloɥoɔᴉu ᴉH

smileywave.gif~c200

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
Had I not seen Zen interviewed on Vape Miser's podcast, I might never have spent the bread for a Kabuki. But I'm sure glad I did. I've now purchased four and will probably buy another four. Great tank. Buy one. You won't regret it.
Not unless they make an RTA version. Not going to use a mass produced cool made in China. Never!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
In the current chase for more watts and lower resistance, some have labeled lower wattage and higher ohm setups as "beginner". As much as I've enjoyed the variety of options that are available, I remain completely satisfied below 10 watts using coils well over 1.5 ohms. I am confident that ProVape and the Radius will continue to support people who vape primarily to stop smoking at lower power levels.

I am thankful that a new ProVape quality device will be brought out that accommodates a "beginner" like me. I need new toys to chase!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
In the current chase for more watts and lower resistance, some have labeled lower wattage and higher ohm setups as "beginner". As much as I've enjoyed the variety of options that are available, I remain completely satisfied below 10 watts using coils well over 1.5 ohms. I am confident that ProVape and the Radius will continue to support people who vape primarily to stop smoking at lower power levels.

I am thankful that a new ProVape quality device will be brought out that accommodates a "beginner" like me. I need new toys to chase!

We prefer the term, "Tootle-Puffer".

Grab a wristband, a drink at the bar (coffee & tea only, before noon) and have blast...
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/tootle-puffers-redux-the-sequel.701200/

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I baby it, maybe a little to much :unsure:
I put a battery in her only 2 times so far, just to see her light up :laugh: but I haven't vaped on her yet. I don't want to take the chance to get juice on it, I don't even touch it with my skin :facepalm:
I miss @Preloader :(
I do the same with my Dragon Mini...

Been out of the box once, with gloves to inspect and power up.

Then returned to the box, awaiting a 20 year reunion.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I do the same with my Dragon Mini...

Been out of the box once, with gloves to inspect and power up.

Then returned to the box, awaiting a 20 year reunion.

Unleash the Dragon, Turf!
I MEANT THE PROVARI!!! :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread