XvoStick users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godfatherI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2015
georgia
No issues with the chip in the zero. It works great. I was only saying that building TC coils don't seem worth the trouble unless you are getting burnt hits with kanthal. I don't, so I just build TC for the fun of it and not very often.

Here is the link to the zero: https://www.fasttech.com/products/3032/10011515/2345201

The chip they were using in the zero clone is the same as the GEECO zero clone. VapinFagan did a review here:

Got the zero clone because I couldn't get the authentic.

I ordered the authentic xvostick first and the xvostick clone to have for trips so that I don't loose / damage my soon to be here baby!

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Question for Roxy.

You had a a Zero clone that had.... "issues". Do you know what chip that was? And were your issues related to the chip? I've never owned a clone so I'm trying to keep up with all the unfamiliar acronyms.

And in all fairness, I only ordered these out of frustration. Whether or not they remain (after comparison) is still in question. One step at a time...

It had a Yihi chip. I didn't open it to investigate because I wanted a refund, but most likely it was a bad solder joint and Hotcig's fault. My other one is fine.

Reactions: DPLongo22

nevillebartos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Vic, Aus
- my firebutton rattles :(

Think that confirms there is slight but significant variance in the manufacturing of the button, the casing (holes), or both. Rattle is a lot better than stuck firing, but unfortunately harder to fix, if you could run a tiny amount of something around the hole that'd work, I just don't know what 'something' is. The button assembly is very easy to separate and work on though.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Think that confirms there is slight but significant variance in the manufacturing of the button, the casing (holes), or both. Rattle is a lot better than stuck firing, but unfortunately harder to fix, if you could run a tiny amount of something around the hole that'd work, I just don't know what 'something' is. The button assembly is very easy to separate and work on though.

Never opened mine up but my first choice would be dental floss. Works on drip tips and the REO fire button. Just my guess.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York

Attachments

• Xvostick1.jpg
    Xvostick1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Somebody shocked me with a blue Chhhhhhvo stick today.

Somebody is a really neat person.

Somebody will be thanked for the rest of their life.

Somebody is a truly happy kamper. ;) (that one's me)

"BlueBelt"

20151005_135551 (Small).jpg
20151005_141417 (Small).jpg

20151005_141931 (Small).jpg

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
DPLongo,

After reading this thread and the issues you had, I am hesitant to buy one of these (especially after the news of the radius). If you had it to do over again (and knowing what you experienced), would you buy the xvo-stick?

That is SUCH a tough question....

I'm SO in love with the mod. It's a game changer for me, in many ways. I also have a RailBox, which is nice, but the Xvo is simply in a league by itself.

And some positive experiences did come of it, particularly via Jonner's sale, so it's far from without value. I expect that Kat and I will laugh our butts off at this one day.

I'm glad that I did it, but it's simply impossible for me to tell someone else that they should do it too. It might be the best mod I've ever owned, but I don't know that everyone will agree, nor find the same value for the (significant) cost.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably have taken Kat's advice, and waited six to 12 months for the kinks to be worked out. We'd been around enough to know the dangers, yet I chose to JUMP. She did try to stop me, but there was no stopping me.

We live, we learn....

BUT I'M SURE GLAD I HAVE ONE!!! :lol:

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
That is SUCH a tough question....

I'm SO in love with the mod. It's a game changer for me, in many ways. I also have a RailBox, which is nice, but the Xvo is simply in a league by itself.

And some positive experiences did come of it, particularly via Jonner's sale, so it's far from without value. I expect that Kat and I will laugh our butts off at this one day.

I'm glad that I did it, but it's simply impossible for me to tell someone else that they should do it too. It might be the best mod I've ever owned, but I don't know that everyone will agree, nor find the same value for the (significant) cost.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably have taken Kat's advice, and waited six to 12 months for the kinks to be worked out. We'd been around enough to know the dangers, yet I chose to JUMP. She did try to stop me, but there was no stopping me.

We live, we learn....

BUT I'M SURE GLAD I HAVE ONE!!! :lol:
Thank you ... I'll keep an eye on this one for awhile longer before taking the plunge. It looks very interesting.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I got my unit this morning from 3FVape. I cannot believe the size of this thing. It is so small!! My fire button seems to work well without any rattle. So where do I get instructions on how to set this up? I am using it with a Kayfun Monster in wattage mode. 14.5watts and 1.1ohms. Vapes very well. DP, you are not going to be happy about this but it is an exact rip-off of the original. Same logos. They even have www.mini-ecig.com on the box it comes in.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
I just love my authentic...it has put me off "atty on top" mods for good I think......mmhh getting really curious about the clone, if it is as good as you say I may just have to get it....two authentics will be a bit to much for my bank account...and I really need a second one...I love it that much....but don't like clone's...mhhh maybe save up a bit...aaah dillema's...but my vape budget is gone..so I have some time to think about it :blink:

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Can't say how good it is as I have only had it for a few hours. Will give it a week before deciding if it is good or not. If it stays the way it is, I may order another. I have 2 VTRs that I just love but they seem like clunkers compared to this little guy! For me, it is pretty well the perfect design.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I love this thing! :) ( :wub: DPL and Jonner ). I can't seem to take my paws off of it!

It IS cool to have a topperless mod. I love that it's semi-hidden and protected by the sealbelt (my first one, which hopefully is in Chels hands right about now, is named Seatbelt), but I can still view my tank, its fill, and its beauty.

I wish I had more to add to the discussion of the clowns, but that will happen in time. Perhaps more input will be helpful for you, dru.

I got my unit this morning from 3FVape. I cannot believe the size of this thing. It is so small!! My fire button seems to work well without any rattle. So where do I get instructions on how to set this up? I am using it with a Kayfun Monster in wattage mode. 14.5watts and 1.1ohms. Vapes very well. DP, you are not going to be happy about this but it is an exact rip-off of the original. Same logos. They even have www.mini-ecig.com on the box it comes in.

Isn't it amazing, ian? Size wise, it's just perfect, and all my trepidation over the comfort of the button placement went right out the window once I started using it. I'm firing it mainly with my middle finger, pinky sort of cupping the bottom, like a bit of a support. When the boohoo voodoo one was here (my big one day with it), I was also firing it by pressing against my palm, which was REALLY cool!

What instructions do you need? I'm not happy to hear that it's an exact rip off either. :(

F2V, that IS a difficult question! I prolly would do it all over again, because, as DPL said, it is helping us to meet our quota of future giggles. ;)

I'm not sure tho, if I were to be choosing the Xvo or the Radius at this point in time, what I'd do. Yes, I do. I'd prolly save up for both. :)

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
It's up the op on whether he wants CLONE talk here or wants to consider the xvostick a model

There is another thread going where the clone is talked about

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...-clone-any-owners.705165/page-3#post-16658495

Minus the chip ( I am pretty sure its not an evolve chip) the body and style are going to be very hard to tell them apart

For the record in my case I would have not bought an authentic xvostick so no sales lost from me. Not because I don't like it its just priced too high for my vape budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread