Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I made a mod with an eVolv board in America... I don't plan on doing THAT again...

Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice? Shame on me.
But a mod with a Provi Board...

That's something even Carnac can see?!?

Fingers Crossed!!!

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I do the same with my Dragon Mini...

Been out of the box once, with gloves to inspect and power up.

Then returned to the box, awaiting a 20 year reunion.

I have a half dozen Provaris like that ... never been used :)

Sent via iPhone

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Not unless they make an rta version. Not going to use a mass produced cool made in China. Never!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Jake, I'm glad you can build. I really do. I wish I could as I have a couple of nice Kayfun clones. But I' have multiple hand issues that make it almost impossible for me to do things like that any more. Once upon a time, I could do close-up work very well and built electronics, computers, fixed my wife jewelry, etc. No more. I don't much like the China deal either. I've order a couple of Cisco Spec coils. If they work, then I can use those instead of the ones from Aspire.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Jake, I'm glad you can build. I really do. I wish I could as I have a couple of nice Kayfun clones. But I' have multiple hand issues that make it almost impossible for me to do things like that any more. Once upon a time, I could do close-up work very well and built electronics, computers, fixed my wife jewelry, etc. No more. I don't much like the China deal either. I've order a couple of Cisco Spec coils. If they work, then I can use those instead of the ones from Aspire.

Knocking on wood for my apparently marvelous luck. I can count the issues I've had on one hand, and that's using mainly stock Aspire coils for about the past 18 months. Two different types too, in/on a whole GANG of tanks/devices.

Like my Provaris, they just fargin' work. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My opinion matters not, but I REALLY hope it's not dual 18650s. Those massive box mods can suck it.

LOL!!!

That made me laugh, SS. Thanks. :)

And for the record, I'm with you. And I highly doubt a direction they'd choose, but I also predicted that Radius was a RDA, so... ;)

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
My opinion matters not, but I REALLY hope it's not dual 18650s. Those massive box mods can suck it.
Plus...

People do not manage batteries properly either.

A dual bat box it will not be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
I think the actual law disagrees.....

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Product+Liability

Basically, if the damage is caused by the consumer ignoring the warnings of the manufacturer that use of the wrong battery could cause damage/harm, the law is written that liability is then on the consumer.

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping
The problem here is it tends to fall on the manufacturer to prove consumer negligence. In other words the manufacturer is guilty until proven innocent.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
AstroTurfEverywhere.jpg

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
OK, since it's not a lipo, I need some new batteries. Samsung 25R's, or something else. I'm a bit out of the loop on this stuff.
I personally think the 25R's are a great battery and a great value. Readily available, inexpensive and stable in my experience.
I had a mech stay fired on unbeknownst to me until one discharged down to almost 2 volts. No safety issues then or since.
Charged right back to 4.2 w/no degradation in performance.

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I made a mod with an eVolv board in America... I don't plan on doing THAT again...

Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice? Shame on me.
Amen!
Fortunately mine were hobby kits for personal use.
I don't envy your experience.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I personally think the 25R's are a great battery and a great value. Readily available, inexpensive and stable in my experience.
I had a mech stay fired on unbeknownst to me until one discharged down to almost 2 volts. No safety issues then or since.
Charged right back to 4.2 w/no degradation in performance.

I've had good luck with the 25R's too. Lately though, I'm a bit partial to these LG's, which for some reason seem to run for a very long time.

https://101vape.com/batteries/707-lg-brown-hg2-inr18650-3000mah-18650-battery.html

I was already using 2900mAh batteries, but these are outpacing those considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread