Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan, yearning for home
What ID are you running those vertical coils at?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I usually prefer 2.5mm, but that one in particular might be 3mm.

Is that one strand of cotton? I'm running dual vertical Claptons. It can keep up at 50 watts. 60 watts and I start to get anemic hits.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

That's one strand of cotton, and I make sure to *really* fluff the ends before I stick them on the deck. It wicks super well, even with 100% VG. Horizontal coils with indvidual wicks don't seem to keep up quite as well with high VG juices as a seriously fluffed (would make a great user name) single wick. Don't know why, but that's what I've found, YMMV

I've been trying to build for my new Hana Mini (DNA 40, 1800mah lipo) to last me through the work day which is about an hour of solid vaping all together. I usually vape at around 30-35 watts on my regulated mods (most of what I'm using lately) so I can't really comment above 40 watts. BUT, with a build at 2.5mm ID, 26 gauge, and around 8 wraps clocking in around .5 ohms and at 40 watts (similar to the pic I posted), the single wick and vertical coil keeps up just fine with chain vaping for me.

Reactions: Haylon357

4lph4num3r1c

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2015
Ordered from SteamCrave Wednesday morning and still waiting for it to ship.......ahhhhhhh lol
Aww man that sucks. I just ordered mine from eBay and was thinking it's gonna suck having to wait til Tuesday. Nevermind. Reading your post puts things into perspective. I hope yours comes soon.

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
I made a few changes to correct some of what I feel are issues with this tank delivering it's best flavor. The two air holes aimed at the posts cool and dilute the vapor 100% Flavor is richer and vape is denser with the post holes blocked. Vape bands and tape is ugly and vape bands move easily. I thread tapped the two holes aimed at the posts with a 6x32 bottom tap. Only tap 3 1/2 turns deep so a 6x32x1/8" stainless set screw has a shoulder to tighten against. I also like lots of airflow so i drilled the two remaining holes out to 3.5mm. this increases air flow area by approx 40% A person could tap all holes to be able to block 3 of them for a single coil too.
hi trexwyo
are the screws only blocking the air flow on the outer wall ? ore are they deep enough to cover the inner wall hole to ?

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Has anyone asked steam crave if they plan on releasing the rdta with two holes instead of four? Id imagine most people run dual coil and it seems silly to make the majority of their customers use a vape band/tape when they can just drill less holes..

I would be happy to see a v2 with a normal metal afc ring that could do 2 or 4...and maybe one for the single coil folks :)

maleasdf

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2014
Air Holes and posts are acceptable with tape and building pains biweekly respectively.... What BJ should give us most important is top filling...for dumb YouTube reviewers who fill it with syringes making it look so complicated, I guess they didn't realize how smoothly it refills even with dripper bottles..me personally this is awesome rdta as is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread