Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I just ordered replacement bottom caps for my SX mini from Varitube and NaCl for my DIY.
Nothing directly related to vaping or from a company wth Vape, vapor or Vapes in their name.
I've been told that the AG was just going through the motions and will not aggressively enforce incoming.
I was also told that the bigger problem is for MA based companies shipping in or out of state.

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
I received my order of e liquid yesterday. No problems ordering or shipping. However, this may be due to the fact that it was, so to speak, in a "plain brown wrapper". Instead of the company name they used the owner's. I don't keep old (outer) packaging, so I don't know if this is something they've always done or not, but if it keeps the government out of my business I approve.

Reactions: Mowgli

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
Thursday I got my obviously marked packages from Mt Baker Vapor Wholesale & Nude Nicotine.
I thought MBV also shipped sans business name. Or is that just retail? *shrugs*

Let's just hope this hands off approach continues. Or more businesses catch on and label accordingly.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I thought MBV also shipped sans business name. Or is that just retail? *shrugs*
Let's just hope this hands off approach continues. Or more businesses catch on and label accordingly.
Now that you mention it, they always ship using the owners name.
I tore the NN box to pieces and who knows where the remains are.

Hi CB!

Reactions: MaxwellPink

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
Yeah, and it requires you to prove you're 21 or older. Some cities/towns in MA still only require you to be 18 to purchase tobacco and vape products, so the state may be accepting verification via the CC. If the names don't match, no shipping.

I'm still getting free samples, too, which I'm extremely thankful for. The quickest way to get me back on the stinkies is for me to be bored with my vape. Not only do they mix things up in my rotation, but I've found a few really good flavors that I otherwise wouldn't think of trying.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
I'd expect that any resources MA puts into enforcing this new law will be aimed toward instate vendors. The question is how much money are they willing to spend to attempt to enforce these new regulations?

The USPS is a semi-independent federal agency who had over a 5 billion dollar loss in 2014. They can't afford to put forth much effort to enforce individual states regulations and laws that individual states decide to enact.

Reactions: nicnik

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
So has anybody in Massachusetts made a online order for vape juice or product from a reputable vendor since this went in to affect Friday?

Wondering how they are handling those purchases now.

This is news to me... I ordered some juice from NET, MyVapeJuice, and some hardware from MyVapeShop all within this week. My NET package is out for delivery today, and MVJ should be here tomorrow, I don't have a date for MVS yet but it seems to be going smoothly... Now y'all got me worried :(

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I've been told that the AG was just going through the motions and will not aggressively enforce incoming.
I was also told that the bigger problem is for MA based companies shipping in or out of state.
Quoting the bolded part.
If the company you ordered from shipped it - the AG said they're not expecting to enforce incoming.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
There's very rarely going to be a confiscation of a package that will stop your shipment from reaching you. What will happen with enforcement is that the AG office or task force will make a purchase from your website to see if you're compliant. Those that aren't compliant will get a records subpoena and then be forced to pay a fine(s), typically of astronomical proportions based on which laws of that state you've broken and how many times. 50 shipments at 1k fine each is a lot of trouble.

State AG's can subpoena records at any time and typically they'll ask to see docs on age verification records, shipping manifests, child-resistant packaging certifications, lab tests, procedural compliance documents, etc that correspond to the laws of that state, even though they've never purchased from you. If you're not compliant, then fines and legal fees based on any shipments you've had in that state. If you fail to produce the documents or records, then you'll be forced to pay a settlement fee/fine to the AG. So warning is, unless you're compliant and keep good records you'll get porked eventually.

There are so many states with age verification and shipping restriction laws and with only a fraction of online websites following any of the actual laws,
it'll be easy money for AG's and will make them champions of protecting the children.

It's only a matter of time before subpoena's for info start going out for many states in my opinion..

hoog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread