12 days in... still having cravings for real .....does it ever go away??

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
hia im 12 days in and been having worst cravings ever today, i thought by now i would at least be getting used to not smoking proper fags!! Im using blu e cig capsules but am thinking of getting one i can top up with nicotine liquid. There doesnt seem to be much vapour coming from this blu e cig!! anyone know what works best for them? I also am using 18mg nicotine capsules and i dont think im ready to lower nicotine yet as i still feel aniouxs and extremly bad tempered especially in morning , as i dont get the same nicotine hit from a real ... and am sucking the life out of the blu pen thing! how long do people stay on same nicotine liquid strengh and by doing it slowly am i less likely to succeed? To be far i found it easier the first few days as i was over coming yet another chest infection hence for giving up! fed up of killing myself , steroids and not being able to breathe!!!But do feel cravings of having proper ... quite badly, so far i havent given in and i know how disapointed i would be if i did.. it doesnt help that my nextdoor neighbour and best friend who i see every day smokes and having to sit next to her with her smoking fags and me sucking the e cig is grating on me, not that im going to tell her... because for years i was smoking with her. do you find if difficult with friends who still smoke ? its not like i would avoid her as she is my closest friend.. ive even tried to get her to vipe lol but shes not having any of it!! anyone have similar experiance? would be greatfull for any advice xx

After 3years quit from a 23yr 1 1/2 PAD to 2 PAD habit, especially highly stressful days, the urge still even hits me from time to time, but in those times I'll puff and chuff on one of my higher powered devices for a good 15minutes to get passed it. A Blu cig-alike is a bit weak in output, you might try bumping up to a 24mg in those or have one or two that are 24mg for the super strong urges. Next advice would be to even step up to an Ego class or iStick30w with a nautilus Mini tank, might work better for you as well. There are also liquids that contain other tobacco alkaloids in them called Whole Tobacco Alkaloid (WTA) or Naturally Extracted Tobacco (NET) flavors that might help with the urges as well. But I still think better equipment might serve you better off than those Blu's, I started with cig-a-likes, still have them for times I am needing to be stealthy, so they do serve a purpose, but just trying to quit with them, you have a long road to climb. Take it a day at a time, feel you need to sneak 1/3 to 1/2 a stinky when you wake up, high stressed situation, after eating, or before going to bed, don't knock yourself down, it took me 1 1/2 years dual using cig-a-likes to get fully off the stinkies, but that was when I stepped up to an Ego and a tank system that worked for me.

Jenn1181

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
NW GA
You definitely need a different set up. More user-friendly device. Better juice. Higher nic. I was smoking nearly two packs a day when my first e-cig arrived. I was vaping 24mg nicotine the first couple of weeks and never had a cigarette craving. Once you get what you need squared away vaping comes much more easily and you won't be craving the real thing anymore. I don't know what sort of vaping apparatus is made available to you in Wales, but I cannot recommend a device like the iStick more highly, even for a beginner. Or even an Ego Twist.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I've been vaping for 3+ years after 40+ years of chain smoking. Those first 6 months or so are the hardest, and the cravings come and go. Sometimes they may be really bad for a few days and then disappear for a few days. Even after 3 years I still have cravings every now and then. You will have an epiphany at some point when you suddenly realize that you don't really like the taste of cigarettes any longer but prefer the taste of vaping. I would suggest you get a device that will allow you to try a lot of flavors other than tobacco...the sooner you wean away from tobacco the better.

12 days is a milestone...heck, every day is a milestone. As I remember, the 2-3 month period was my worst. My senses of taste and smell had returned and everything tasted bad. At that point I really had to find a flavor other than tobacco that I could use...it was quite a search. For me the flavor that was closest to smoking was no flavor at all...unflavored. That's what I have been using for 2 years.

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
I'd also suggest a slightly more advanced setup, it will be much more satisfactory and you can tailor the vape to something you really enjoy and that tastes great.
As far as cravings are concerned, yes they do go away for the most part. If you try a cigarette after a couple months of vaping, you quickly realize how terrible those things actually taste. Also, i'd say about 70% of the cravings do *not* come from nicotine, it is the other ingredients and compounds in tobacco smoke that seem to make up for most of the addiction.

Reactions: elaine17

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
get rid of the Blu's ( hahaha I made a funny) get a mod and tank and some decent juice and restart there...
some people can switch over immediately, others ( like myself) require a few to several months to totally regress from the ciggies... Blu's just dont have the capacity to help one really make the transition...

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
@elaine17

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, patronize you or just be very sad about all this.

This is what I posted before I went away for a while.

It would also be fair to say that any product made by BLU is going to come with all sorts of serious issues.. mostly, that you have almost no chance of getting the proper dose of Nicotine from the disastrous products.

BLU are barely an e-cig, sorry to say it. They are a product made by a tobacco company that will "take you to the cleaners" in every last respect.

I tried to quit with E-Lites 3 years ago (you might know them too).
I failed and got in a terrible state from using a dreadful, dreadful product. I nearly lost my wife and my job with the Nicotine withdrawal. They just lied about everything from start to finish. BLU will do the same.

To be honest, I'm going to cheer myself up with a beer and some RY4.

I nearly lost my job, marriage and family using these bogus products.

You KNOW what to do, you're just being stubborn. I was stubborn and it cost me over £500 to discover I was being taken for a ride.

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
PA
I've been vaping for 3+ years after 40+ years of chain smoking. Those first 6 months or so are the hardest, and the cravings come and go. Sometimes they may be really bad for a few days and then disappear for a few days. Even after 3 years I still have cravings every now and then. You will have an epiphany at some point when you suddenly realize that you don't really like the taste of cigarettes any longer but prefer the taste of vaping. I would suggest you get a device that will allow you to try a lot of flavors other than tobacco...the sooner you wean away from tobacco the better.

12 days is a milestone...heck, every day is a milestone. As I remember, the 2-3 month period was my worst. My senses of taste and smell had returned and everything tasted bad. At that point I really had to find a flavor other than tobacco that I could use...it was quite a search. For me the flavor that was closest to smoking was no flavor at all...unflavored. That's what I have been using for 2 years.

Been using unflavored for a year now @ 24mg Nic.

That is what finally did it for me as well.

Eric

P.S. I have tried a cigarette once in that period, and it tasted like GARBAGE!!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Maybe I can find you some hardware. There's half an e-cig shop upstairs in boxes.

Cartomizer Blus are not going to cut it. I'm amazed you are still going to be honest.

E-Lites (you know them) claimed to do 30 (or 40?) cigarettes in one refill. (£3.99).
Blu are cheaper, admittedly.

That made E-Lites £12 for the equivalent Nicotine of one pack (20). It's morally wrong, scientifically implausible and a disgrace.

In reality, one refill is probably about 6-8 cigarettes. We proved this 3 or 4 years ago. That's why you have cravings.

elaine17

Sep 25, 2015
wales
Thank you all for your suggestions and im defo going to get a new refillable vipe system!! Maybe i was being naive in thinking this blu e cig was going to work for me... but quite obviously its not :(. I want it to be an easier transition and right now its really hard, however i havent had a ...!! But im starting to think that even if i do stumble, it would not be the end. Im also thinking i should consider getting 24mg liquid as the 18mg doesnt seem to statisfy my bad cravings, but maybe if the blu e cig is that rubbish maybe im not getting 18mg anyway. I have to admit i was a heavy smoker 30 plus a day so ive got to pace myself, rome wasnt built in a day lol...Its so refreshing to hear all your success stories and even finding the right viping mg in itself is a success, which i hope i can sort out when i get new viping system. i will let you know how new system goes and thanks again for all your positive ideas on how to get me through this, so greatful for your support, without it i recon id have given in by now xx

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thank you all for your suggestions and im defo going to get a new refillable vipe system!! Maybe i was being naive in thinking this blu e cig was going to work for me... but quite obviously its not :(. I want it to be an easier transition and right now its really hard, however i havent had a ...!! But im starting to think that even if i do stumble, it would not be the end. Im also thinking i should consider getting 24mg liquid as the 18mg doesnt seem to statisfy my bad cravings, but maybe if the blu e cig is that rubbish maybe im not getting 18mg anyway. I have to admit i was a heavy smoker 30 plus a day so ive got to pace myself, rome wasnt built in a day lol...

I "upgraded" to 24 mg using my 2nd e-cig. (JacVapour "KR808" cigalike).
If by stumble, you mean smoke, then hell... yes... smoke away.
Even with 24mg I couldn't stop smoking and I was on about 15 amber leaf or GV a day.
Hang in there. Even with an eGo battery, I was still smoking in the mornings for about a month.

You should check out Vape Escape. The TOP e-cig shop ever (in the UK) is closing down as the new laws 2016 are going to make selling e-cigs way too complicated. You might find a bargain.

http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/

It's very sad. I fear all that will be left will be BLU and E-Lites.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
If you can try and find a local shop...
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?hl=en&mid=ztyKW9AIM1-Q.kjZx0HseHCxM

Most of them will be able to offer you some decent advice and allow you to try before you buy.

Be prepared to spend some cash on different outfits until you find something that works for you.

A higher nic level and a decent kit will sort out the cravings.

I cant really recommend anything in particular in terms of hardware as the equipment I use now would not be appropriate to recommend to somebody new to vaping.

When I was using a regulated device I used innokin's MVP and it worked well enough to keep me off the cigs. Because it had a fixed internal battery it was also a safer option.

If you buy something with a removable battery read up on battery safety and buy good quality batteries.

A decent shop will point you in the right direction.

The kits seem expensive but once you have a setup you like, vaping is way way cheaper than the fags.
I used to smoke roll ups and spent £4.50 every other day. I now vape unflavoured and it costs me less than 50p a week.

Good luck.

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
Thank you all for your suggestions and im defo going to get a new refillable vipe system!! Maybe i was being naive in thinking this blu e cig was going to work for me... but quite obviously its not :(. I want it to be an easier transition and right now its really hard, however i havent had a ...!! But im starting to think that even if i do stumble, it would not be the end. Im also thinking i should consider getting 24mg liquid as the 18mg doesnt seem to statisfy my bad cravings, but maybe if the blu e cig is that rubbish maybe im not getting 18mg anyway. I have to admit i was a heavy smoker 30 plus a day so ive got to pace myself, rome wasnt built in a day lol...Its so refreshing to hear all your success stories and even finding the right viping mg in itself is a success, which i hope i can sort out when i get new viping system. i will let you know how new system goes and thanks again for all your positive ideas on how to get me through this, so greatful for your support, without it i recon id have given in by now xx

Definitely hang in there and dont stress if you do end up smoking a few. With a better device things will look much more promising. Get yourself some flavors that sound promising. For me that was various berries, apple pie and fruits and try a few different strenghts to figure out how much nicotine you prefer. Consider that if your device puts out more vapor, you will also be getting more nicotine so 24 or even 18mg could be on the high side of things.

It can take some trial and error, but once you find a juice and device you like, you probably wont be looking back to cigs :)
Finding your setup can cost a bit of money initially, but that drops off eventually. Especially if you end up mixing your own juice.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
For my 2 cents, my "cig a like" days were well intended flops. Good news is thats when I started noodling around here! the cig a likes were helping only to "cut back" (a bit). The resources here can be overwhelming also. I found the answer (for me) was to have the 24/7 reliable ecigs everywhere the first month. I went with the eGo pass through USB 1000mAh batteries with EVOD BCC (after leaky clearomizer messes)cartomizer, 18mg menthol flavors types. Thats what I QUIT tobacco with. 'twas years ago, many evolutions down the road, my gear, flavors, nic levels are all totally different know. You'll see that fairly often here. Ppl go through changes. I was always embarrassed to "smoke". Today Im proud to vape, I enjoy the heck out of flavor chasing, and spend spare time fighting for individual rights to vape, smoke, drink, what ever ....without government interventions! all the best, just keep coming back. If you learn one bit that helps each visit-your time was well spent.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
A good relationship with a vendor is also very helpful to many vapers at first. I cant thank the ppl I met along the way enough.
B.T.W. I do recommend reading one of the reference articles now located at http://vaping.com/guides/new-users-vaping-faq
the cig a likes have a tendency to make buyers think you "draw" on it just like it was a cig. Vaping is actually somewhat different if you're moving up to the next tier (like an eGO type).

Reactions: VapeViv

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread