one starts @ 30W and allows setting adjustment up to 60W
the TC40 just auto sets @ max 40W
I seem satisfied at a lower ‘setting’ of watts in TC mode

Am I Just Nuts ??

or another thought, should you allow max-out watts,
and let TC control the device (always activated);
or try to set to taste, then TC is there in case coil overheats

:)
No, not nuts. To each their own vape.......

I will set my mod at 200w and just let TC control the wattage. The reality is that I vape around 15-20w. What happens (at least with EVOLV DNAs) is that preheat will apply 200w to get it up to my temp of 420 really quick. Then, once at temp, the TC kicks in and lowers the wattage to whatever it takes to maintain 420F, which on my builds is 15-20w.

If you set the watts to max, and the vape is too strong, lower the temp.....

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
No, not nuts. To each their own vape.......

I will set my Mod at 200w and just let TC control the wattage. The reality is that I vape around 15-20w. What happens (at least with EVOLV DNAs) is that preheat will apply 200w to get it up to my temp of 420 really quick. Then, once at temp, the TC kicks in and lowers the wattage to whatever it takes to maintain 420F, which on my builds is 15-20w.

If you set the watts to max, and the vape is too strong, lower the temp.....

OK, cool...

so you’re saying it’s a good thing to ALLOW TC (Temp Protection)
to control/rule/do the work…

“just floor it, let it operate on the Rev Limiter” :eek:

curious: how are you SEEING your watt numbers as you vape ? (mirror) :D

thanx for your input

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
OK wow! Thanks for the congrats everyone! Sorry not been posting - retail and I've been in full blown Hallothanksmas mode (meaning all 3 holidays are in full force in the store while I have mini heart attacks from corporate visitors...sigh) ANYWAYS...WOW. Very excited to receive this new mod! It may very well be going to my son but he needs a tank and I'm looking at the GS Tank.

He refuses to fuss with rebuilding and mama is NOT priority shipping him rebuilt/wicked tanks! So, what is the verdict on the GS Tank when not using TC coils? Are the standard 1.5 coils fine in those? Hows the flavor vs the GS Air? He is using my iStick 30w with the GS Air tanks and 1.5 coils and seems to like it. Thought he may like the larger Tank with some adjustable airflow.

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Are the standard 1.5 coils fine in those? Hows the flavor vs the GS Air? He is using my iStick 30w with the GS Air tanks and 1.5 coils and seems to like it. Thought he may like the larger Tank with some adjustable airflow.
I have 1 gs tank with a 1.5 and another with a 1.2. I don't notice any difference from the M.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So, what is the verdict on the GS Tank when not using TC coils? Are the standard 1.5 coils fine in those? Hows the flavor vs the GS Air? He is using my iStick 30w with the GS Air tanks and 1.5 coils and seems to like it. Thought he may like the larger Tank with some adjustable airflow.

I think I prefer the 1.5Ω coils, after all. But the 1.2Ω cotton ones are fine, too. Not much difference between the tanks wrt flavor--mainly ease of use (AFC adjustment and the GS Tank is easier to fill) and capacity.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
curious: how are you SEEING your watt numbers as you vape ? (mirror) :D:)

This is software that comes with Evolv DNA200 boards.
The green line is watts, and red is temp.
Notice how well it maintains temp.

BTW, I have the Mod set at 176w, it only uses up to 176w for a split second to get the cold coil to 400f (this is called preheat), then TC throttles the wattage back to maintain 400f.
On the second puff it didnt even preheat beyond 50w before it got to 400f, that is because there was residual heat in the coil left over from the first puff.
This is how TC is "supposed" to work.........

upload_2015-10-5_10-21-29.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-5_10-16-17.png
    upload_2015-10-5_10-16-17.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 8

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Subtle as the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. Deft use of the New Hampshire screwdriver.
This gentleman surely needs to watch Cheech's oscar performance. This won't do at all.
And, by the way, I believe he borrowed that tool from my dentist. Just looking at that "New Hampshire Screwdriver" gave me a shiver.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
This gentleman surely needs to watch Cheech's oscar performance. This won't do at all.
And, by the way, I believe he borrowed that tool from my dentist. Just looking at that "New Hampshire Screwdriver" gave me a shiver.

In late sports results, it was the Cheechako Coilers 18, Krasnoyarsk Knifers 3.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
This is software that comes with Evolv DNA200 boards.
The green line is watts, and red is temp.
Notice how well it maintains temp.

BTW, I have the Mod set at 176w, it only uses up to 176w for a split second to get the cold coil to 400f (this is called preheat), then TC throttles the wattage back to maintain 400f.
On the second puff it didnt even preheat beyond 50w before it got to 400f, that is because there was residual heat in the coil left over from the first puff.
This is how TC is "supposed" to work.........

yes that is interesting !

MY mind set was not to RUN in constantTemp Protect
but YOU (and some others) keep saying that is how
the theory/design is set to work…
so I am converted to applying said technique

Thanx

(any thoughts about using Ni vs Ti ?) (I like Ti)

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
so what’s the big deal, how else would you get a coil open… ?

wonder what those 'thought bubbles' said ???
was gonna write some sayin', then thought better against it...

smiley-chainsaw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread