Status
Not open for further replies.

GlacierBabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Alaskan in Louisiana
I have to add a cute story, too. I've been teaching for a long time--everything from pre-school to high school, but I think first grade might be my favorite, even though they are probably the most challenging. I am constantly amazed by their ability to seamlessly integrate fantasy with reality. I have a couple of puppets that I use for phonemic awareness instruction, and my kids' ability to suspend disbelief, while still having a firm grasp on reality just kills me. The first day I brought out Leo the Lion, they loved him so much that one of the boys asked if Leo could come out to recess to play with them. I told him no, because if Leo got dirty, he couldn't just take a tubby like they could. The boy said, "But maybe you could just put him in the washing machine?" A couple of days later, when I introduced Steve the Monster, I had to explain that Steve couldn't wave to them like Leo could because he didn't have holes in his arms for me to put my fingers in, and they were totally fine with that. Not five minutes later, one of the kids said, "I think I like Steve even better than Leo." And another student whispered, "Shhh! You don't want to hurt Leo's feelings!" Oh, I just love little kids (even when they make my hair turn grey)!

LOL Kids are truly amazing. Great story :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Mr. Mann, I ask this in all sincerity. She IS your princess. She is gorgeous and wily by heritage. You ARE an artist. IF you had your druther's, would you wish on her a curiosity and affinity for the arts, or the sciences. I ask this in ALL sincerity, and I would that you think on it.

Man, I am right there with you and I really do appreciate exactly what you are asking. I know you know that this is something that I have been thinking about since day one! Here's the deal: I want her to have a curious and artistic affinity for the sciences, but I'd be willing to settle for a scientific approach to her curious and artistic tendencies. When we get a chance to go to Avalon, I will tell you about how I have tried to nudge these very things.

PM dropping shortly...

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Yes kids are amazing but for the most part they get on my nerves.
This being said I am amazed that I drove a school bus for about 7 years. During the time my daughter was elementary age and I had two stepsons. Perfect job for a semi stay at home mom because you are off work when the kids are out and all holidays and summer too.
I just used to crack up at the things the kids would come tell me in the morning when they got on the bus
"daddy came home drunk again last night and Momma said the next time he did that we are moving to Aunt Clara's'
"my sister's in high school and my dad thinks her and her boyfriend are having sex but mom says they are not that they just go to church together'
man they would tell you the very private dialogue that went on in their house and even their worries regarding it.
I used to always think -can you imagine how mortified MS Johnson would be if she knew that her son just told me 'mommy moved out of daddy's bedroom because she says he will not leave her alone at night' hahaha

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
This being said I am amazed that I drove a school bus for about 7 years. During the time my daughter was elementary age and I had two stepsons. Perfect job for a semi stay at home mom because you are off work when the kids are out and all holidays and summer too.
I just used to crack up at the things the kids would come tell me in the morning when they got on the bus
"daddy came home drunk again last night and Momma said the next time he did that we are moving to Aunt Clara's'
"my sister's in high school and my dad thinks her and her boyfriend are having sex but mom says they are not that they just go to church together'
man they would tell you the very private dialogue that went on in their house and even their worries regarding it.
I used to always think -can you imagine how mortified MS Johnson would be if she knew that her son just told me 'mommy moved out of daddy's bedroom because she says he will not leave her alone at night' hahaha
From the first statement to the last this post had me in stitches! Lmao
Kids are a trip, and YES,... yes,... get on my nerves as well!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Orange Nocturne and Peppermint Mocha,..new tries for me. I hope they totally rock!

She got a kick out of the "seems reserved" line..Too funny! :lol:
Were you talkin outta school dawg?!? Now I has the embarrassed.. :blush::p

GlacierBabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Alaskan in Louisiana
2 years and almost 7 months.

Wow, she is smart. You guys must spend a lot of time with her. She recognized that toast is square and then picked out shapes after she had eaten part of it. Very impressive. Hope they have classes for gifted children where you are LOL

GlacierBabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Alaskan in Louisiana

LOL I'm crackin up here. I bet they had you chuckling all day rethinking about what they said. Heck you could have written a best seller LOL I literally laughed out loud at the last one. :)

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Were you talkin outta school dawg?!? Now I has the embarrassed.. :blush::p
Nah,..just laughing at your expense. I related to her that we don't see her much since shes in school. I did mention about me telling you how funny she is. :lol:
And she is a hoot bro!
But I didn't tell her any of our little secret plans... All is well with the inside plot to overthrow Burger King. :p
@jrenae4 may well be warming up her gourd busting arm though. :D

Bukket5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
Anchorage
Cantal-Berry Ice...anyone?

Want to make an order soon and am leaning more toward fruits, but not cream anything. I am creamed out! I am a little leery of new-to-me fruits that have been on the site awhile. I got Raspberry Sunset just a couple months ago and was not pleased with it. But I know there are some gems, I am just not sure which ones they are.

Cantal-Berry Ice is great! No sweetener and no mint. I love it!

Nope. Not really a fan anymore of their peach, but this one looks good. Thoughts on Luna Fortuna? And I never did try Oasis, but I wanted to. Maybe I'll go for Oasis. Anyone got any strong feeling against Oasis?

Luna Fortuna is great, too! Have you tried Cheehu Cocktail? It's really good. :wub:

What is the steep time for Mango Lassi?

I give mine 2 weeks. I'm not a fan of it fresh. But it's one of my favorite flavors.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
It's a good thing my 30ml of Caramel Pear White Tea came in because I had just finished up my sample. I love this stuff FOOB. I hope I like it as much steeped. :)

This liquid doesn't steep. Not sure what it is, but for some reason, any extended periods this liquid is kept will result in the contents totally evaporating. I tried to steep a 60 mL, but about two weeks later the liquid was all gone. Weird. :D

Last edited:

GlacierBabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Alaskan in Louisiana
This liquid doesn't steep. Not sure what it is, but for some reason, any extended periods this liquid is kept will result in the contents totally evaporating. I tired to steep a 60 mL, but about two weeks later the liquids was all gone. Weird. :D

Oh no. It better not!!! I have it in my steeping drawer in the blue bottle with stopper lid on tight. I just refilled my 10ml sample bottle so I could sit it on the table beside me. That is the strangest thing. Did you tell Wlad about it? What did he say?

Reactions: Bukket5

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
This liquid doesn't steep. Not sure what it is, but for some reason, any extended periods this liquid is kept will result in the contents totally evaporating. I tired to steep a 60 mL, but about two weeks later the liquids was all gone. Weird. :D
must be a hole in the glass bottle.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread