Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Tim, awesome that you're back brother. I hope you were able to carry enough batteries to power your mods the entire way and not have to ration vapor. Also hope the weather was good.
I actually had more batteries on hand than needed, which was great--no rationing vapor (but oh man, the weight of my pack :-x)

The weather was a solid mix of horrendous and wonderful LOL. We were stuck in a lean-to all day Wednesday. Impassable brooks :cry: :lol:

When I get caught up at work, I will post a lengthy description of my journey elsewhere on the forums. It was epic and to be honest it was quite humbling. Funny how something as simple as a week in the woods can have a profound impact on my mindset.

Anyways, back to the action...them CC mods lookin better each batch, Corey :toast:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
the quote below contains the rationale behind my getting the 30Q batteries. Mooch appears to think they are about the same and if I read him correctly the Samsung cell is MCD underrated. The thread is a good read:

I tested both against each other, where ratings don't matter:
Samsung INR18650-30Q vs LG INR18650-HG2 Shootout Results | E-Cigarette Forum

Check the discharge graph and read the comments section in my first post in the thread. Let me know which you feel will handle more load. Those two cells are very close, each of us can pick the particular advantage we feel is more important and use that cell.

Do you have a link to that LG cell you mentioned?

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Bottom Line
The results are very close with a slight win for the HG2 depending on your discharge current levels.

Comments
- At 5A/10A/15A the HG2 had slightly better capacity and higher voltage towards the end.
- At 20A the 30Q had higher voltage but slightly worse capacity.
- At 25A the 30Q had higher voltage and essentially the same capacity.
- Cell temperatures were close for all tests.
- Both cells suffered about the same slight damage when discharged three times at 25A.

The 30Q is the winner if you vape at 20A or so. It will last longer before hitting your cutoff voltage, if above 3.10V

The HG2 is the winner at lower discharge current rates though.

I dont vape anywhere close to 20A (which is 80W or so) is why I went with the HG2's.

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
Thanks, Sloth!!! :thumb:

Love the battery talk, as well. I've been using VTC5's for a long time now, and have always been happy with 'em. Might have to give the Sammy's and the LG's a shot, at some point...

In other news.....

Now we're gettin' somewhere.... ;)

iW4RFI5l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread