Mike n Tibs DNA Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
.... joints will give you ugly plywood end grain. If you can do mitered 45 deg. then do it. It should look good. The chisel suggestion is a good one. You can remove some of the wood with a bit brace and finish the interior with a chisel. No power tools required and it really doesn't take long. Especially if you use soft rather than hard wood.
I have been thinking of using 1/8" lexan with .... joints and rounding the corners. Wood would feel nicer and have more character, though. There are just no good box sizes for a dna200 squonker.

jonniemac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Rosemount, MN
jmgcoder.imgur.com
Finally had a chance to get in the garage and made some more progress on my DNA200 enclosure. All of the aluminum is bead blasted. Now onto assembly!

KeO1DZD.jpg

dHcr20L.jpg

jonniemac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Rosemount, MN
jmgcoder.imgur.com
The holes for the buttons looked punched. Do you have punches for them?

They're machined but then filed a little bit because I was getting cocky and running my tolerances a little too tight. Wanted to see if I could clearance them by hand. The covers are indexed off some soft jaws so I'm going to throw the front cover back on the mill and give the button holes another .003" of clearance, then touch up the chamfer, do a little wet sanding and then hit it in the blast cabinet again.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I used my last DNA40 from Mikes Co-Op, now I have a matching Pair :)
These infinite Zero's are really hard to swap chips in.
So worth it thou now with authentic dna 40's there awesome little mods
So small and heavy, I'm really liken them :)

I have both 40 watt chips that came out of these Zero's if any one wants them shoot me a PM
I will give them away Free of Charge :)

Squonk_me

cut and paste has its consequences
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2015
Dry and windy
From the email inbox:

For those who might be in the market for a print,

This weekend, get free shipping on any order from Shapeways, anywhere in the world.

http://www.shapeways.com/

No, I am not connected to Shapeways I just get emails from them.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
loving the boxes. how would i go about getting one of these. i have been looking for a nice reference case . Im not really into the plastic version. if there is achance to buy one these please send me message .
You need to get "Verified" so that you can participate in "Co-ops".

Reactions: Squonk_me
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread