Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Am I crazy that I thought the deck was fairly roomy for an RTA? You could easily use 3mm coils. The only part I thought was tiny were the post holes and screws, but even those were pretty much the norm on a 4 post tank.

I'm tootling mine right now as I wanted to know if it was tootle friendly, and its working great. My next build will be dual coil, and will probably go on a mech as I'm going to need the mod its on for a single coil tootle tank (although I often build those for mechs, too).

I'm not qualified to call anyone crazy but compared to the Kayfuns, Taifuns and other single coil decks I would call the GMini cramped or claustrophobic then the Bellus with Velocity or Magma like deck you could run 1-4 coils easily

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have the acrylic tank from fasttech. It's decent but the upper chimney isn't very long on the GM, so you end up losing a lot of the juice capacity by filling that way. I also ordered the drip tip from Drip Tips by BIG. That would handle your drip tip problem if it's falling out a lot.

The non standard pyrex drip tip is weird. I can use the nonstandard tip. After all it isn't a chuff style tip.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I'm not qualified to call anyone crazy but compared to the Kayfuns, Taifuns and other single coil decks I would call the GMini cramped or claustrophobic then the Bellus with Velocity or Magma like deck you could run 1-4 coils easily

Yeah, but you have to compare it to attys with a similar deck: Orchid, Epoch d1, Silverplay, etc.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Yeah, but you have to compare it to attys with a similar deck: Orchid, Epoch d1, Silverplay, etc.

Yes I have compared it to the Orchid and Silverplay. The three are virtually identical.

None of them would be the optimal first RTA. I think they would be better served to start with a Kayfun, Taifun, or Aqua v2.

Newbies are concerned about doing something wrong. An Orchid Silverplay, or GMini would be a great choice for second third or fourth RTA.

Reactions: TheWestPole

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yes I have compared it to the Orchid and Silverplay. The three are virtually identical.

None of them would be the optimal first RTA. I think they would be better served to start with a Kayfun, Taifun, or Aqua v2.

Newbies are concerned about doing something wrong. An Orchid Silverplay, or GMini would be a great choice for second third or fourth RTA.

I agree, but I never posted it would be a good first tank, lol!

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
I just looked at my GM and as much I hate to admit it, I gonna find a better home for it. Have not used it much lately as my eyes and hands are not so good to deal with tiny parts especially the fill screw. Did vape it 2 or 3 tanks in about two months now and that is it. Looks like it will be on eBay soon.
Darn, I recall I was so excited about it at first, and believe me, it is a great tank but did not work out for me.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I just looked at my GM and as much I hate to admit it, I gonna find a better home for it. Have not used it much lately as my eyes and hands are not so good to deal with tiny parts especially the fill screw. Did vape it 2 or 3 tanks in about two months now and that is it. Looks like it will be on eBay soon.
Darn, I recall I was so excited about it at first, and believe me, it is a great tank but did not work out for me.

If its authentic you can sell it here. If its a clone you'll have to go elsewhere to sell.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Some gear is like that.

If I didn't have at least two GMinis on the way from fasttech along with a few Bell caps I want to try I would grab it in a heartbeat.

My left hand is bad and my eyes aren't that great but I LOVE my GMini.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hmmm. No reflection on you, but I think that rule is nonsense in both cases, as long as there is no deception in the description of the item. No matter, really. There are plenty of places to go.

I agree Westpole. As long as everyone knows its a clone I don't see the harm. Fasttech is mentioned in almost every thread and so far we haven't gotten in trouble yet.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I agree, too. I don't see how the rule stops people from being cheats and selling counterfeits as authentics. It doesn't. However, I think its ECF's stance is to refuse to support counterfeits in any way. So we can talk about them, but not sell or trade them. I asked if we could have a clone trading thread since I think a lot of people want to try things first before shelling out the bucks for an authentic, but that suggestion was not well received :D

Reactions: davevape55

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I agree, too. I don't see how the rule stops people from being cheats and selling counterfeits as authentics. It doesn't. However, I think its ECF's stance is to refuse to support counterfeits in any way. So we can talk about them, but not sell or trade them. I asked if we could have a clone trading thread since I think a lot of people want to try things first before shelling out the bucks for an authentic, but that suggestion was not well received :D

I agree completely. Cheats and thieves are going to be cheats and thieves.

I say open a clone thread then people can legitimately sell clones they outgrow or no longer want or use

I have used a lot of gear but very few authentics. My budget simply does not permit too many authentics. Some of the authentic builders charge insane prices.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Seems all the major US vendors (that I frequent) are running out of the Goblin Mini. Almost makes you wonder if Youde has the V2 up their sleeve....

I finally talked myself into ordering one from Vape NW this morning.....and they ran out of stock since yesterday.

turns out Angelcigs stocks the authentic Goblin Mini in their US Warehouse, so ordered from them today for $23.99+shipping. Angelcigs has been a mixed bag for me in terms of customer service, but their delivery time is usually pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread