Recommended Nude Nicotine Flavor %?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlgoddess57

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2015
Washington State
I made 50ml of 3mg Strawberry Banana Smoothie Max VG using 6% flavor & 6% DW
It spent about 3 hours in the UC & a few hours with cap off so I dripped a ml or so.
I thought it needed a flavor bump so bumped it to 7.5%
Steeped a bit then filled my dripper = no flavor. over saturated.
Added the correct VG & nic to drop back to 6% and Shazam! the flavor's back.
Not quite as in your face as I like but pleasant. It'll mature.
PG-free 95% VG sure does take much longer to steep than my typical 70VG!

I made another half dozen flavors using 6% flavor & 5% saline.
Over 4 hours at ~130F in the UC & 12+ open with many cap & shake sessions.
OMFG is tasty. I'm vaping it now.

White Chocolate Raspberry is good. It could become a reorder.

I haven't tried Melon Madness, Citrus Slap, Patchouli Vanilla or Coconut Cream yet.
I made 25ml of the half dozen so I can try them as they steep.
I'll leave about 10ml of each for at least an extra week so I can get a finished product opinion before I decide if %s need to be adjusted but I think 6% in Max VG is a good start.

If the first three tries are any indication of the rest then I'm sure some will find their place in my regular juice rotation.
If they all sucked and I just sold the remains then all would still not be a loss.
I'm sensitive to PG but under 9-10% is acceptable.
I could shave 3% off my PG by using this (NN) VG based nic so I could add that much more of my regular (PG based) flavors.
I was using 20% FW flavors in 70VG
I find 2% FW is pleasant in Max VG but 5-7% are strong enough to actually enjoy.
win/win
I'm having a brain plosion, what is DW?

I just went through my first tank of NN... Make me plum. It had a 3 hour US followed by an overnight 120degree bath. 5% on this flavor.

At first... meh... but before I knew it... the whole tank was drained!! It's got an unexpected creamy note. It is missing something.. I just cant put my finger on it, maybe time... usually is! I am a little afraid of using too much flavoring as I have read that, especially with NN, over flavoring kills it.

I am not exactly sensitive to pg, but I can taste it if used over 20% or so, doesn't matter how long it steeps. I like the idea of the low flavor usage, but still want a mouth full of flavor.

Funny that you said that about OMFG.... almost everybody I read, had serious issues with it. Also I read somewhere that the White Chocolate Raspberry requires a LOOOOOONG steep time, just goes to show , technique and taste vary! Did you add saline to these?

After reading your post, Mowgli, I tried FW Unicorn Vomit at 7%. I have been using 15%, but gave it a try. Nah, that is just not going to do the trick for me, sure wish it did though as I have a 2 drawers full of FW and TFA.

One more thing... I know that Jake at NN really advocates saline in juice mixes. And honestly I get that, after all salt in food helps to "marry" flavors. But I haven't ventured off into using it, any opinions?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
DW = distilled water - big TH and it makes my nose run so I got a box of saline 5ml ampules.
The saline seems to be doing the same thing but the throat hit is miniscule.
I used DW in the SBS and 5% saline in the other 6 flavors so far.
I have another 12 NN flavors yet to try.
I'll stick with saline. The TH from DW is kinda brutal.

I made batches of Hawk Sauce, Moo Juice & FW Butterscotch at 5-6.5% and it's better than unflavored.
I get a skin condition from too much PG and I was getting about 6ml/day of it straight.
I vaped unflavored 3mg (PG) and it cleared almost overnight.
I added flavor until it started coming back.
5-7% PG is about my limit @ 20ml/day vaping.
Lightly flavored is better than unflavored IMO.

Has anyone asked Jake directly if all NN flavorings were designed to work at the same % concentration?
Jason at FW said his are and that's how I mix them and MBV.

I like it simple as possible.

Reactions: nlgoddess57

nlgoddess57

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2015
Washington State
DW = distilled water - big TH and it makes my nose run so I got a box of saline 5ml ampules.
The saline seems to be doing the same thing but the throat hit is miniscule.
I used DW in the SBS and 5% saline in the other 6 flavors so far.
I have another 12 NN flavors yet to try.
I'll stick with saline. The TH from DW is kinda brutal.

I made batches of Hawk Sauce, Moo Juice & FW Butterscotch at 5-6.5% and it's better than unflavored.
I get a skin condition from too much PG and I was getting about 6ml/day of it straight.
I vaped unflavored 3mg (PG) and it cleared almost overnight.
I added flavor until it started coming back.
5-7% PG is about my limit @ 20ml/day vaping.
Lightly flavored is better than unflavored IMO.

Has anyone asked Jake directly if all NN flavorings were designed to work at the same % concentration?
Jason at FW said his are and that's how I mix them and MBV.

I like it simple as possible.
I have not ever communicated with Jake directly, and as I am mad as a hatter at them right now, I don't think I should until I cool down a bit. I did see a utube vid with him though and thought he said that he felt that 5% was the best for all of his concentrates except the tobaccos, across the board. I only changed the percentage away from that if it was a general consensus.

I don't have much experience with FW, but am branching in their direction, mostly because of Unicorn Vomit. I haven't really found the perfect percentage for that yet, but there is something so weirdly wonderful about that flavor, I feel like the creators are in the same flavor space as myself.

I found the same problem with using DW... Duh... I am mixing with as high of vg as I can and was using it to thin the juice for wicking.
But my Crown tanks are doing a much better job than either the Atlantis or Starre ever did with the high pgs. What I was wondering though, is if you felt the saline was improving the flavor?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I didn't try the flavors before adding saline.
I add it to thin the juice and had read that the TH is minimal compared to DW.
5% might not be enough. I'm going to try 10% in the next 6 flavors.

Here's my experience of 2+ years of mixing FW/MBV almost exclusively.

12.5% in 70PG
16% in 50/50
18% in 60VG
20% in 65 & 70 VG

try one of those to start and betcha won't need to adjust if you like it tasty and saturated

nlgoddess57

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2015
Washington State
I didn't try the flavors before adding saline.
I add it to thin the juice and had read that the TH is minimal compared to DW.
5% might not be enough. I'm going to try 10% in the next 6 flavors.

Here's my experience of 2+ years of mixing FW/MBV almost exclusively.

12.5% in 70PG
16% in 50/50
18% in 60VG
20% in 65 & 70 VG

try one of those to start and betcha won't need to adjust if you like it tasty and saturated
Yep, that's how i like it "tasty and saturated"!! Good to know, thank you!

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
5% saline Max VG seems to be wicking just fine in my Crown tanks.
6% flavor works well in the 4 flavors I tried so far.

I'm about 20ml into my 25ml bottle of Patchouli Vanilla. Strangely excellent.
I'm about 40ml into my 75ml of Strawbana Smoothie. Very good.
I dripped a few ml of OMFG & White ChocoRas on used wicks. Tasty with potential.

The 4 flavors I've tried all seem to be maturing well at 6% flavor and no duds yet.
So far so good :thumb:

Reactions: Dixie1954

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Be careful with Citrus Slap!

One tank of it degraded the center-top seal on my Crown tank but didn't effect the o-rings.
It also ate a tiny bit of the edge of my (3D printed) Boxer Mod :shock:

It's freakin' tasty but save it for your RDA

see the lighter spot on the top's edge? Compliments of Citrus Slap.

12091402_1698230643741092_4376928948460020028_o.jpg

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
Coconut Cream killed a Crown seal also. Not ....ing happy about this.
Anyone else have issues with Citrus Slap or Coconut Cream?
Any other "tank cracker" Nude Nic flavors?
Coconut Cream?...I didn't know they offered that flavor. When I first tried the Shirley Temple flavoring over a year ago using my polycarbonate Kayfun tank, it cracked it.

Reactions: Mowgli

nlgoddess57

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2015
Washington State
I am not really sure what is going on with this stuff! I US everything, warm bathed it, gave it a week steep, and generally speaking nearly every single one of these bottles still smell very perfumey to me. I know I won't like anything that smells perfumey. I always have to wait for the that smell to go away before I can give a true reading on whether it works or needs help. I had read that many of these flavors were overnight steeps and bingo! but I am not finding this to be true, at all.

nlgoddess57

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2015
Washington State
How many hours with the caps off?
Mine were all mature-ish at about a week after ~4 hours in the UC and overnight with the caps off.
the caps are still off! sooooo 9 or 10 days ish. 4 hours in UC, overnight 120 degree bath, since then shake every day (if I am home, I had to leave for a few days). I know I am super sensitive to smells, and certain taste. I had heard that Nude Nicotine had a perfumey smell, but that it dissipated usually within 24 hours. I was hopeful, as some flavors, especially TFA, take weeks and weeks for me to be able to vape them. Looks like this might be one of those companies for me... shoot.

Wanted to ask you, just what did the Passion fruit/coconut do to your seal? I was really looking forward to that flavor, but if it eats the seal, well,... another one that can't be used!

also, would like to PM you concerning Flavor west. Is that ok?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
the caps are still off! sooooo 9 or 10 days ish. 4 hours in UC, overnight 120 degree bath, since then shake every day (if I am home, I had to leave for a few days). I know I am super sensitive to smells, and certain taste. I had heard that Nude Nicotine had a perfumey smell, but that it dissipated usually within 24 hours. I was hopeful, as some flavors, especially TFA, take weeks and weeks for me to be able to vape them. Looks like this might be one of those companies for me... shoot.

Wanted to ask you, just what did the Passion fruit/coconut do to your seal? I was really looking forward to that flavor, but if it eats the seal, well,... another one that can't be used!

also, would like to PM you concerning Flavor west. Is that ok?
IMO leaving the cap off for over 24 hours will just let the flavor evaporate.

Both CS & PF/CC discolored the seals and swelled them so that they no longer fit in their "channel".
They also made them feel gummy.
I threw the first one away but I'm letting the other sit on a vaper towel to see if it will resize itself as it "dries". Not hopeful.

PM away.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Citrus Slap
Passion Fruit Coconut Cream
Mango Cream
Banana Cream Pie

are all tank crackers. They all swelled the upper tank seal on my Crown tanks. This one:

12031470_1703349016562588_2262598251843193793_o.jpg

I'm not ...... about this. Uwell is setting up a website to buy replacement parts for Crown tanks.
I have a dozen extras from Uwell and Vape Royalty sent me a bunch also.
I'm just posting this info so others can avoid killing tanks & o-rings.
I'd suggest these flavors for drippers only.

Last edited:

nlgoddess57

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2015
Washington State
Citrus Slap
Passion Fruit Coconut Cream
Mango Cream
Banana Cream Pie

are all tank crackers. They all swelled the upper tank seal on my Crown tanks. This one:

12031470_1703349016562588_2262598251843193793_o.jpg

I'm not ...... about this. Uwell is setting up a website to buy replacement parts for Crown tanks.
I have a dozen extras from Uwell and Vape Royalty sent me a bunch also.
I'm just posting this info so others can avoid killing tanks & o-rings.
I'd suggest these flavors for drippers only.
I find this very distressing!! These flavorings, I thought, were specifically designed for ejuice creating! The fact they can distort a part of a tank beyond recognition, and I don't recognize where this comes from, is not acceptable! I have 3 Crowns and I took one apart to see where this ring is located... It can only be that slender little ring at the very top, but this is bloated to trice its normal size!! at least!

I can't find any reason for this. Citrus, cinnamon... accepted as tank crackers, everyone knows it and avoids them if they don't want the hassle. Due mostly because they are made from caustic oils. But Banana Cream Pie!?? There is dozens and dozens of Banana Cream Pies out there, and I have never heard of one that does anything negative to a tank.

So I guess the question is.... are these flavorings just so damn good they are worth the hassle of replacing rings every... what 20, 30, 40 mls? So far, I haven't found any of their flavors that are ADV's for me. Most of mine are still steeping as they are just now losing their perfumey smell to me. Personally, I don't have a large stock of replacement rings, just the few they sent me with the tanks. Other than the collection I already bought, I think I will have to give this company a pass. Which is really too bad. I like supporting new companies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I find this very distressing!! These flavorings, I thought, were specifically designed for ejuice creating! The fact they can distort a part of a tank beyond recognition, and I don't recognize where this comes from, is not acceptable! I have 3 Crowns and I took one apart to see where this ring is located... It can only be that slender little ring at the very top, but this is bloated to trice its normal size!! at least!
LOL it's the seal on the inside that seals the tank to the top. There's another at the bottom that seals the tank to the coil. I think the reason that the top one gets affected but the bottom doesn't is I always top fill so that seal gets compressed, then released then compressed, etc. That must make it more susceptible to citrus juice invading it. It expanded about .015" ID & OD. The bottom seal might get affected instead if you always bottom fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread