Cthulhu RTA V2 (similar posts to the velocity rda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oleskool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Michigan
Hey everyone. I have been looking at this tank for a while. It seems from most of the discussion that this tank is too different from the various sub tanks on the market to compare them? If I am wrong in that assumption, how does it compare to the top two out there, the Smok and the Crown? If I am correct what makes this tank different? How does the flavor compare? Thanks for any input.

Reactions: Vapin Dave

Vapin Dave

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2015
California
Hey everyone. I have been looking at this tank for a while. It seems from most of the discussion that this tank is too different from the various sub tanks on the market to compare them? If I am wrong in that assumption, how does it compare to the top two out there, the Smok and the Crown? If I am correct what makes this tank different? How does the flavor compare? Thanks for any input.
I would like to hear this answer as well :)

RhynoRock

Oct 3, 2015
Well, it's a top fill, dual/single coil with juice control and a ton of airflow, not really sure how different things can be, but they sorta did their own thing in subtle ways. There's a small ring that threads around where the wicking goes, not REALLY sure why but it appears to hold the wicking into the juice channels, plus the juice control seems unique in construction, but it's still a juice control, serves the same purpose.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Well, it's a top fill, dual/single coil with juice control and a ton of airflow, not really sure how different things can be, but they sorta did their own thing in subtle ways. There's a small ring that threads around where the wicking goes, not REALLY sure why but it appears to hold the wicking into the juice channels, plus the juice control seems unique in construction, but it's still a juice control, serves the same purpose.

I might be wrong but, I'm think'in that the wicking ring also helps the juice control to seal off juice better at the different settings it's put at on the Cthulhu V2, makes it work more efficiently than the other juice control tanks on average. IDK, just a guess as mine works better than I expected, and this is the First juice control I've ever had on Any tank, so keep that in mine. I've looked at juice control as a gimmick that didn't quite live up to all the lofty expectations that were set forth by their manufacturers. Just my thoughts, Impressions ?

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
The obvious is there. No pre built coil heads. I am talking about performance differences. Like this tank has better flavor under 50w, but you can't fire over 70w because of whatever?

Go back and read all the previous posts in this thread and you will know as much as we do. We are learning as we go also. It's a New RTA that is a bit different from all the rest, so if your concern is not already covered, then we prolly don't know for sure yet ourselves.

Edit; But we're working on it.

Reactions: RhynoRock

oleskool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Michigan
Thanks 52anddone it really isn't a concern. I am just a person that enjoys hearing what other people think. I like to hear the good, and the bad. I would have purchased this already if I didn't have my eye on something else ( not a tank ) that I would rather purchase first. I have a tight budget and hate to get off track. Credit cards will kill you slowly from stress if you watch it. Just trying to stimulate the conversation.

Reactions: 52anddone

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
To me, the flavor is about the same compared to the v1, maybe a bit better.... Definitely more vapor than the v1....
For me, the ability to change decks and not having to disassemble the entire tank to rebuild are what sold me on it, though.... Just had my first leak last night when topping off the tank, forgot to close the air control, compared to my v1 top filling always led to a bit of juicein the air channels after filling and sometimes even with bottom filling....
It's taller than the v1, if size is a concern.... 510 pin is adjustable, but, at least on mine, if its not fully tightened down, it can be adjusted with a finger....

Thank you. What you said about the vape quality is what I would expect from the atty. And that's another +1 for the V2's features.

The features are what tempts me, the Velocity style posts are at the top of the list. Meanwhile my V1 clones perform flawlessly, and I just ordered a Bellus. Still on the fence about the Cthulhu V2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vapin Dave

RAWRferal

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
London
70 Watts ? Boy Howdy, now that's gett'in after it. Are you wicking to the bottom of the juice channel with the juice control adjustment WIDE Open, and under the wicking ring also ? Cotton or Rayon ? Dual coil deck I'm guess'in also ? I know, Questions, Questions.
Juice flow wide open.

As for wicking, using cotton, cutting the tails fairly flush with the deck/wick ring and loosely tucking them into the top of the channels, short enough so you can't see them under the wick ring. Then i juice them up and make some minor adjustments to make sure it won't catch on the tank section [emoji106]

The build is a dual 24g A1, 2.5mm ID about 8 wraps each i think! Vape heaven [emoji12]

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
This was my first experience with the Velocity style deck...for my pudgy fingers, this is a godsend.

i agree! i used the 2 included coils and it was a piece of cake as a first build. tons of vapor and flavor and airflow is much better than my subtank mini. the subox kit is now my backup. :toast:

Reactions: 52anddone

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
After playing with it all weekend, I really like it! Had some leaking using the top fill, but started bottom filling it & the leaking stopped. I started with the single coil deck at around a .75 & it was incredible! I could actually turn it up to 45 watts with no problems! Built the velocity deck with a .28 dual coil and could crank it up to 60 watts! It was a little hot, but still had excellent flavor! Been using it on my new limitless copper mod and it's a great vape. All in all I think I made a good purchase!

Attachments

• 20151004_191736.jpg
    20151004_191736.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread