12 days in... still having cravings for real .....does it ever go away??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
elaine17
Holy cows, sheep and horses. PLEASE be kinder to yourself! You're going to see as much variation here as there are brands of ciggies...but then everyones coming from a pure heart willingness to pay it forward and help someone get through what most of us have done. You're journeys' not been too rocky, except you have high expectations and seem a might hard on yourself. its been shown the nicotine addiction is the hardest of all to break. Its why the first step seems logically to get to a better delivery system without the added pollutants and without hurting your lungs. Take your time.

Please honor yourself for the commitment you've made, the goals youve set.
Very good so far...
now: "break time"

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
The industry has move so fast in the last year that buying a upgrade is much cheaper. When the Nautilus first came out, it was a $50usd tank. You'll be able to find one for less than $20usd. Pair that with an istick and a flavor of juice you like will be huge difference from a ciga-like. Not sure what the exchange rate is, but a better set up should be much cheaper in the long run.

Reactions: elaine17

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I do not think cravings ever truly go away totally. But I smoked 42 years. The longer without the cravings are less frequent. Been two years for me and some days around tobacco I think yuck! Other days it grabs my attention and makes me think it smells good.

Makaela

Oct 1, 2015
Texas
hia im 12 days in and been having worst cravings ever today, i thought by now i would at least be getting used to not smoking proper fags!! Im using blu e cig capsules but am thinking of getting one i can top up with nicotine liquid. There doesnt seem to be much vapour coming from this blu e cig!! anyone know what works best for them? I also am using 18mg nicotine capsules and i dont think im ready to lower nicotine yet as i still feel aniouxs and extremly bad tempered especially in morning , as i dont get the same nicotine hit from a real ... and am sucking the life out of the blu pen thing! how long do people stay on same nicotine liquid strengh and by doing it slowly am i less likely to succeed? To be far i found it easier the first few days as i was over coming yet another chest infection hence for giving up! fed up of killing myself , steroids and not being able to breathe!!!But do feel cravings of having proper ... quite badly, so far i havent given in and i know how disapointed i would be if i did.. it doesnt help that my nextdoor neighbour and best friend who i see every day smokes and having to sit next to her with her smoking fags and me sucking the e cig is grating on me, not that im going to tell her... because for years i was smoking with her. do you find if difficult with friends who still smoke ? its not like i would avoid her as she is my closest friend.. ive even tried to get her to vipe lol but shes not having any of it!! anyone have similar experiance? would be greatfull for any advice xx
It does go away. Don't give up! I had quit 5 times and started smoking because i gave into cravings on the third week when they were only when i saw people smoking. This time i have been cigarette free 6 months absolutely no cravings. And it WILL get better. Maybe if you can try and get a basic vaoe other than the blue. I had that and found it was harder because it didn't give much vapor out. And that's what has helped me stay away from cigs and keep the cravings at bay. But for now keep your hands and mind busy! Get a hobby like puzzles something. I personally starting playing xbox every time i had a craving I'm concentrating on that and my hands are moving.

elaine17

Sep 25, 2015
wales
Thank all for your advice, experiances and information youve gave me. I can say the last few days have been much easier as i have bought a proper e cig!!! I feel more satisfied and the amount of vapour is greater, having that hit at the back of my throat has been amazing!! I ve still kept to 18mg nicotine and so far im definatly noticing what a better e cig has to offer.. i wont be picking up those blu things again!! Im feeling rather positive today, day16... and i really hope this continues as last week i was a mess to say the least. Your support has been amazing and advice from people that know what im going through is exactly what i need. People that have never smoked have no idea, smoking and me were two peas in pod... but no more im enjoying viping and am going to get some flavour juice and try adding few drops. I can understand people say about smells and taste, my nose has a new lease of life and ive been washing my dogs bed daily lol i cant stand the smell of tinned food and evening some of my fav fizzy drinks taste horrible...lol xxx

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
.. i wont be picking up those blu things again!! Im feeling rather positive today, day16... and i really hope this continues as last week i was a mess to say the least. Your support has been amazing and advice from people that know what im going through is exactly what i need.

Good news all round. Keep it up. :)

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Thank all for your advice, experiances and information youve gave me. I can say the last few days have been much easier as i have bought a proper e cig!!! I feel more satisfied and the amount of vapour is greater, having that hit at the back of my throat has been amazing!! I ve still kept to 18mg nicotine and so far im definatly noticing what a better e cig has to offer.. i wont be picking up those blu things again!! Im feeling rather positive today, day16... and i really hope this continues as last week i was a mess to say the least. Your support has been amazing and advice from people that know what im going through is exactly what i need. People that have never smoked have no idea, smoking and me were two peas in pod... but no more im enjoying viping and am going to get some flavour juice and try adding few drops. I can understand people say about smells and taste, my nose has a new lease of life and ive been washing my dogs bed daily lol i cant stand the smell of tinned food and evening some of my fav fizzy drinks taste horrible...lol xxx

Within 3 days of quitting and getting a decent vape I was having to wash everything in the house. Congrats on your journey! I actually lost weight from vape instead of snacking, and eating healthier at the same time. It's a whole new world.

gingertalk196

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey
I would also suggest go to an Ego. Although I wasn't a heavy smoker at all, I would have a few puffs every few days for the first couple of months. Then it started to taste awful and then I stopped. Every once in a while I think about having an analog, that's when I vape continuously. It a tough habit to break but you will get there. Best of luck to you, Ginger

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Well dome Elaine :thumbs:

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Thank all for your advice, experiances and information youve gave me. I can say the last few days have been much easier as i have bought a proper e cig!!! I feel more satisfied and the amount of vapour is greater, having that hit at the back of my throat has been amazing!! I ve still kept to18mg nicotine and so far im definatly noticing what a better e cig has to offer.. i wont be picking up those blu things again!! Im feeling rather positive today, day16... and i really hope this continues as last week i was a mess to say the least. Your support has been amazing and advice from people that know what im going through is exactly what i need. People that have never smoked have no idea, smoking and me were two peas in pod... but no more im enjoying viping and am going to get some flavour juice and try adding few drops. I can understand people say about smells and taste, my nose has a new lease of life and ive been washing my dogs bed daily lol i cant stand the smell of tinned food and evening some of my fav fizzy drinks taste horrible...lol xxx

Glad you got sorted out.... better kit makes things easier. You should save money switching to the ecig in the longer term. I put the money in a jar that i would have spent of fags. I used it for a treat for me or my kids. Great for motivation to stay off the fags!

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina

:rickroll::thumbs::toast::w00t:

RA1

Aug 29, 2015
Hi, Well it's now 18 days in! Hang in there, you have crossed the hardest part, choosing to remove cigarettes from your life. There are so many things associated with cigarettes which in time you will look back at and say "gross" . It will take some time, but the fact that you are here and exchanging with others is far proof enough that you no longer want cigarettes or anything associated with them. As with many I could go on and on about all the things associated but, my bet is you already know this. In time you are going to feel so great about having given yourself what you deserve, what a cigarette maker literally stole from you and your body. You were lied to, mis lead, and even poisoned with chemicals which your body did not want but your mind did. I too tried Blu in the beginning and went right back to cigarettes because they were just more of the same lies and misleading, plus that they were raunchy. I didn't understand what people were talking about and how they were making claims about vaping. After a few months and saving I decided to go to a vapor shop and ask questions and a lot of questions, fortunately in this don't talk world they were reasonably patient with me and taught me a great deal, through this I came to understand why the Blu product did not work and actually could not work, although it functions somewhat it is a total mislead regarding vaping. So I purchased an economical itaste vv3 for $40-00, an aspire tank, and at the time the aspire tank came with a promotional 30ml bottle of fluid for $12-00 dollars. The very first time I hit the button I knew there was no turning back and immediately realized a cigarrette simply could not come close. The "VV" meant/means variable voltage/wattage, the display gave me complete insight so I could learn what would work the best to simulate a cigarette. After the initial investment I would look into diy mixing for several reasons, one of which was to exactly simulate my former cigarette and another was cost. The price of cigarettes monetarily is insane, sure enough mixing your own fluid is a fraction of the cost. This is yet another benefit of conquering the giant cooperation which hold and have held so many prisoners to their greed. You have made the decision to no longer be their prisoner, their pawn, and here within this forum you will find real true stories as well as an unlimited amount of support and guidance from many who were right where you are once upon a time. Stay strong, let those who care about each other help you through this stage, if you stay focused you can do this and you will mark this triumph as perhaps the greatest achievement of your life, when you defeated the cooperate giant with all of it's might, and found a whole new you! I hope this is somewhat helpful, feel encouraged and invited should you wish to chat or ask questions! Go You for making it this far, the rest of the journey is just a walk in the park! I'll be watching for your success stories!

RA1

Aug 29, 2015
Thank you all for your suggestions and im defo going to get a new refillable vipe system!! Maybe i was being naive in thinking this blu e cig was going to work for me... but quite obviously its not :(. I want it to be an easier transition and right now its really hard, however i havent had a ...!! But im starting to think that even if i do stumble, it would not be the end. Im also thinking i should consider getting 24mg liquid as the 18mg doesnt seem to statisfy my bad cravings, but maybe if the blu e cig is that rubbish maybe im not getting 18mg anyway. I have to admit i was a heavy smoker 30 plus a day so ive got to pace myself, rome wasnt built in a day lol...Its so refreshing to hear all your success stories and even finding the right viping mg in itself is a success, which i hope i can sort out when i get new viping system. i will let you know how new system goes and thanks again for all your positive ideas on how to get me through this, so greatful for your support, without it i recon id have given in by now xx
Never Ever Give Up on Yourself, don't even think about it! There are countless people her all standing by to help you with this. You are there, there is no reason to turn around and go back where you have already been! It is great to read your story and kind of relive where we all were at one time, especially the senses coming back to you, between taste and smell it's a whole new you, the you that you once were! Stay strong, you will make it and literally countless here will see you through it! Thank you for continuing to post updates!

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Yes it goes away. It took an entire year for the cravings to diminish to a level where I barely noticed them.

At three years I still do occasionally (like once in a blue moon) have one, but they are fleeting at best and easily overcome.

On a side note:

STOP calling them real cigs. That can be self-defeating and implies that vaping is somehow less than smoking. Its not, its a more evolved way of getting our nictotine and its a positive step forward in the right direction.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
There are some nights where I get a sudden craving for a cigarette. I have been completely smoke free this year and I am very satisfied with my equipment. For some reason the thought "man a cigarette would be awesome right now" still comes into my mind. It's completely out of the blue, so don't worry if you still have cravings, we all react differently. I was vaping and smoking last year.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
After 37 years smoking, then having switched to vaping 5 years ago, yes, the cravings really do get better. I can't think of the last time a cigarette appealed to me.

If 18
mg works for you, great, but you might still want to have a little liquid at one higher level in case you get a pop-up urge. For me waking up, after meals, and the ride home from work on Fridays were the hard points, and I definitely remember getting some strong urges after a couple months; the higher strength eliquid was really helpful at those times.

A fairly simple setup, ideally an ego twist or similar and a basic tank worked for many of us. Don't sweat things like low resistance, temperature control, mods, etc., early on.

Good luck!

angela reed

Oct 9, 2015
Hi Elaine17, Congratulations on your decision to quit and if you have made it 12 days on a Blu, then Congratulations again!
If you have the determination to make it that long you may just go all the way, However, In my personal opinion the cig-a-likes are terrible for quitting smoking. You need a more advanced system, even if it IS just an EVOD or E-Pen type to start with (you need at least 2, so you always have a battery charged). This way you can have a tank with a tobacco juice for those Really bad cravings and you can experiment with flavors to help get away from that tobacco flavor craving...ALL while getting the nicotine that you need to help with the cravings and moodiness. Then when you feel like you want more volume to the inhale you can upgrade your system IF you want to continue vaping. This is how I did it and 8 family members and 6 friends. All of whom have been smoke free for between 7 and 15 months. Best of Luck to You!! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread