GLASSMANOAK'S Contest Thread #112...for WINNERS and with MULTIPLE WINNERS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
10/4
6. Well we had a nice, relaxing peaceful day for bf's birthday...now time to watch the game...almost afraid to see how they're gonna mess it up this time! :facepalm:

@anjelvape77 - just for you...here's a pic of me...it's from 2 years ago for one of my girlfriend's wedding...I just hate having my picture taken. :?:

Last edited:

jpf880

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
oHIo
10/4

PIF to @Slowone2

Well if @angelphyre can do it I guess I can. This is from about 9 years ago.

03-31-08_1425.jpg

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
10/4 #4

You won. We are now 1 and 3, it's going to be another painful season for us. Maybe we'll get a good draft pick.
Well at least you tried! Last week my team didn't. :?:

Okay--just for you GMO... I spent 30 minutes scouring the web for photos of my family.... I found very few. Here is one that includes my daughter (far right) from four years ago that was taken by the local newspaper:

[Image removed]

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Well - Other than to say how great it is to actually "See" everyone and their loved ones, I really have nothing else to add to the conversation tonight of any importance . . .
puzzle.gif

SO - Here is "My" usual last post of the night, before I fall asleep . . .
snoring.gif

Okay - It's that time again . . . ;)

For "Everyone" In NEED . . .

"GOOD VIBES" & "Healing Thoughts"

. . . are being sent "Your" Way

Once again - For all of the 'Tree-Peeps" already gone to bed and those about to go . . .

Hope Ya' have very restful night and pleasant dreams . . .

th_smiliesleeping.gif

Okay - I'm done for the Day . . .
putertired.gif

It's . . .
bedtime.gif

AND - I'm off . . .
gotobed.gif

Good "MoringNite" All - See Ya' Tomorrow . . .

nighttree.gif

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
10/4 #6
Because everyone is posting pictures of themselves from "not today" (is that a fear that we'll look too old now, or because we just don't have a current pic?), I thumbed through the archives again and found this one, from back when I was still a reasonably good looking young man (Spring 1968):
06 me.jpg

But, given the sun is down again and Chicklet has gone to bed, it probably time for me to get on with a few other things, then find my pillow, so g'nite TreeFam.
6 unset.JPG

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
10/4 #1
hello everyone!
Only Took me about 3 hours to realize I had posted in the GMO discussion thread, instead of THIS thread!
Gracias to @mac63 and @rangerrobin for graciously letting Katz do her thing on the wrong thread ....:rolleyes:

Just popping in to thank everyone for the congratulations!
I will be trying out Amazing Strawberry and PIFing the rest to our bros and sistah members in need.
Big Thanks to @glassmanoak ...GMO for your continued generosity
And to @Uncle for you "guidance" :D
And to all of you for giving me a place to call my "second home' on ECF.
moontrees.jpg

sorry GMO..I'll do better next time......internet image ..but I am too tired to go thru and find a personal pic..and I really like this one. I'm sure I have seen it many times with my very eyes...just not taken a pic of it .

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
10/4 #2
Hey there, @BamaBabe4Ever ! And WELCOME! :)
My lil hiatus went pretty good btw..
Seems like I am not the only one who feels "energized" today;)

10/3 #6
Miramar (what used to be the Navy's Top Gun school, which also serves as the backdrop for the film) is having its annual airshow this weekend. The Blue Angels use the ridge I live on as a visual marker and make their turns right in front of my house. Should start in a little over an hour...
WOW! That's exciting! ...having the Blue Angels buzz your house! I know what THAT means!! :pop::pop::pop::pop:
Is it a coincidence that I just visited the NEW Top Gun ...in Fallon,NV ..had a friend in the hospital there.
@mac63 ..btw ...if it was an option, you might actually LIKE Fallon NAS ...I was thinking Fallon was still this po-dunk lil rodeo town ...but after this weekend ..I realized that ever since the Navy descended on that desert town, it has got from po-dunk to offering more services than my own small berg. And it is well situated to Las Vegas or Reno... Lots of recreational opportunities...like Pyramid Lake....and then there's Sand Mt....you'll def need an ATV ( and maybe a boat :w00t: )to get the max out of a tour there. I was seriously impressed by the town...and a lil jealous cuz it's too far for me to just pop in.
I am sorry to hear that it would be an unaccompanied tour ....been there and done that ...it sucks..but if it means you get to come back to Oki...
Bear with me , y'all while I "play" this song for @mac63 ....GMO/Uncle would not like it if I played ..but the heart of it..is in the words.

1. Faithfully ( by Journey)
    Highway run
    Into the midnight sun
    Wheels go round and round
    You're on my mind
    Restless hearts
    Sleep alone tonight
    Sending all my love
    Along the wire
    They say that the road
    Ain't no place to start a family
    Right down the line
    It's been you and me
    And lovin' a music man
    Ain't always what it's supposed to be
    Oh, girl, you stand by me
    I'm forever yours
    Faithfully

Circus life
    Under the big top world
    We all need the clowns
    To make us smile
    Through space and time
    Always another show
    Wondering where I am
    Lost without you
    And being apart
    Ain't easy on this love affair
    Two strangers learn to fall in love again
    I get the joy of rediscovering you
    I'm forever yours
    Faithfully
:tumble:

Last edited:

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
10/4 #6
I'm lovin' everyone's pics! :wub:

@Fuzzy Thunderbear - I was born in the summer of 1968. ;)

Since we're takin' a trip down memory lane...
21546_253647391965_1921096_n.jpg

Check out those shoulder pads! :lol:

@angelphyre - Safe travels home!

Good Night / G'Mornin' Tree Fam!

Last edited:

BamaBabe4Ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
AlaFreakinBama
www.facebook.com
10/4 #2
Hey there, @BamaBabe4Ever ! And WELCOME! :)
My lil hiatus went pretty good btw..
Seems like I am not the only one who feels "energized" today;)

WOW! That's exciting! ...having the Blue Angels buzz your house! I know what THAT means!! :pop::pop::pop::pop:
Is it a coincidence that I just visited the NEW Top Gun ...in Fallon,NV ..had a friend in the hospital there.
@mac63 ..btw ...if it was an option, you might actually LIKE Fallon NAS ...I was thinking Fallon was still this po-dunk lil rodeo town ...but after this weekend ..I realized that ever since the Navy descended on that desert town, it has got from po-dunk to offering more services than my own small berg. And it is well situated to Las Vegas or Reno... Lots of recreational opportunities...like Pyramid Lake....and then there's Sand Mt....you'll def need an ATV ( and maybe a boat :w00t: )to get the max out of a tour there. I was seriously impressed by the town...and a lil jealous cuz it's too far for me to just pop in.
I am sorry to hear that it would be an unaccompanied tour ....been there and done that ...it sucks..but if it means you get to come back to Oki...
Bear with me , y'all while I "play" this song for @mac63 ....GMO/Uncle would not like it if I played ..but the heart of it..is in the words.

1. Faithfully Song by Journey
    Highway run
    Into the midnight sun
    Wheels go round and round
    You're on my mind
    Restless hearts
    Sleep alone tonight
    Sending all my love
    Along the wire
    They say that the road
    Ain't no place to start a family
    Right down the line
    It's been you and me
    And lovin' a music man
    Ain't always what it's supposed to be
    I'm forever yours
    Faithfully

Circus life
    Under the big top world
    We all need the clowns
    To make us smile
    Through space and time
    Always another show
    Wondering where I am
    Lost without you
    And being apart
    Ain't easy on this love affair
    Two strangers learn to fall in love again
    I get the joy of rediscovering you
    I'm forever yours
    Faithfully
Thanks @KatzWh1skers Glad you enjoy the hiatus. I seem to be so far behind in everything on here :( By the time i get awake or caught up on other things and sit down, mom is calling me for something. Most of time it is for nothing LOL

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
10/4 #3
Wow...wha happened???
Should I go on hyena more often??!!o_O
@Fuzzy Thunderbear ....it is true I avoid most controversy ...Still my Life is not without controversy ....Much of my Life has felt like swimming against the Tide... I do not seek out controversy as it is the waters I live in ...so I choose to save my energy ...and choose my battles ....Like you, I am a veteran..and I took the same oath as you.
Alone, we are vulnerable....Together..in community..we have strength, support and protection. Many of us no longer have an extended family...and we are scattered far and yonder from our birth families ...Many "communities" are just a bunch of strangers, thrown together...each out just for themselves...I envision something more.
Goodnight all..Monday begins again soon.

Last edited:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
10/5
I've already posted pics and videos of me now, how I looked 4 years ago (the caveman version). I don't think I have any of the pics from an earlier time available digitally...

How about a pic of Stepdot? If she EVER finds out I uploaded this, I'll likely be killed in my sleep :p
Wheel.jpg

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014

10/5

Chances are they don't have any positions with my skill set - not many places do so there's the first limitation. I'm hoping to stay within the Marine community if possible as I know the way it runs and how it's organized and I'm already familiar with the data systems (getting a bit old to want to learn new ones) - plus that will keep me in the loop and hopefully make it easier to get back here in a couple years.

Found some new trees.

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread