Cthulhu RTA V2 (similar posts to the velocity rda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Thank you. What you said about the vape quality is what I would expect from the atty. And that's another +1 for the V2's features.

The features are what tempts me, the Velocity style posts are at the top of the list. Meanwhile my V1 clones perform flawlessly, and I just ordered a Bellus. Still on the fence about the Cthulhu V2.

I'm in the same boat as you. My v1 has great flavor. I also have a slew of Aromamizers now and you can get Velocity decks for those, too. So I'm not seeing anything about the Cthulhu v2 that sways me (yet), other than being able to get a black one. I'm still on the fence here..

taylord22

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
IL
Threw two more build types at the dual deck, and my first 2 at the single...despite its quirks, this might be my favorite sub $50 tank (4.5years, couple dozen tanks).

Flavor is first and foremost to me, and no matter what I've thrown at it, I can't get anything but top notch flavor. Aside from that, the overall vape experience on this thing is just fantastic. Keeps dry as a bone. Love the airflow. Love both decks. Love the wick ring! :)

Perhaps I missed it, but has anyone identified a source for grub screw and copper pin replacements? The temptation to swap out decks frequently doesn't line-up with the softness of that pin, I'm afraid.

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
I'm in the same boat as you. My v1 has great flavor. I also have a slew of Aromamizers now and you can get Velocity decks for those, too. So I'm not seeing anything about the Cthulhu v2 that sways me (yet), other than being able to get a black one. I'm still on the fence here..

I don't think you will find anything to get you off the fence both by most accounts are great attys. If you want to know which one you like better buy both and sell what everyone you dont like as much. I think the 'new' airflow on the Aromamizers is one of the reasons why its hard to compare every review i've seen said it just feels completely different to traditional airflow not sure if it really improves flavour, but if it does alter the way the atty 'feels' the question become simple do you enjoy what you experienced in the past more than what you have not experienced ;)

RAWRferal

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
London
Variety? All i can say is this is an extremely well made, well designed atty at a very reasonable price with lots of goodies included!

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Oh, man, I have 47 attys :shock: I have variety!

I am insane.

Roxy,

If you are insane your sure as He!! have a lot of company. The only thing strange about vaping IMHO is most of us just grabbed up the same old cigarettes and smoked them never looking for anything better and certainly nothing more expensive.

Now with Vaping we all seem to be chasing the ultimate "Vape Experience". I find the whole thing absolutely baffling and I am just as big an offender as you Roxy or any of the the others here on ECF.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I'm an offender too. My wife thinks im having an affair. I just like to read everything vape.

I have a simple solution :D No husband so I have no one to be suspicious about my online time, nor what is showing up in my mailbox.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles

I'm down solidly with my Cthulhu V1s. I don't have an Aromamizer RDTA but have tried one and liked it. Good ideas there, side air being just one of them (to clear the deck for juice holes and minimize leaking). Will likely order the next version when they get rid of the silicone AFC band. I have ordered a Bellus to try the side air, threadless deck, dual posts and top fill, all of which are about features rather than vape quality I expect.

I'm not expecting much from side air. Look at the trend in drippers for the past year: more and more clever bottom air designs. With a low build, bottom air can create an especially warm and dense vape quality, which I love. Well, gee, that's the way I've been building these Orchid/Silverplay/Billow/Cthulhu style tanks all along.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I'm down solidly with my Cthulhu V1s. I don't have an Aromamizer RDTA but have tried one and liked it. Good ideas there, side air being just one of them (to clear the deck for juice holes and minimize leaking). Will likely order the next version when they get rid of the silicone AFC band. I have ordered a Bellus to try the side air, threadless deck, dual posts and top fill, all of which are about features rather than vape quality I expect.

I'm not expecting to be blown away by side air. Look at the trend in drippers for the past year: more and more clever bottom air designs. With a low build, bottom air can create an especially warm and dense vape quality, which I love. Well, gee, that's the way I've been building these Orchid/Silverplay/Billow/Cthulhu style tanks all along.

I bought the Bellus, too, but I don't know if I'll like it better than the Aromamizers. If I like it enough though then I may sell one Aromamizer. We will see.

FiReSTaRT

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
I have a simple solution :D No husband so I have no one to be suspicious about my online time, nor what is showing up in my mailbox.

My wife just rolls her eyes when I get any vapemail. With that being said, I'm pretty well-behaved with tanks. I only own 4, use 2 of them and got my eye on 2 more (this one and Bellus) so it's not too bad, but.... :)

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Thanks 52anddone it really isn't a concern. I am just a person that enjoys hearing what other people think. I like to hear the good, and the bad. I would have purchased this already if I didn't have my eye on something else ( not a tank ) that I would rather purchase first. I have a tight budget and hate to get off track. Credit cards will kill you slowly from stress if you watch it. Just trying to stimulate the conversation.

+1 on the Credit Cards for sure :oops:. With all these New and "The Best Vape Possible" RTA's and RDA's coming out almost an a daily basis, it can get tough to sift thru the Marketing Hype and Fan Boy Blather and get to the REAL Meat and Potatoes of, will it work FOR ME and Is It Worth The Cost. That's what we're all attempting to find out. I like It Very Much, but it sounds like Roxy might be just spinning her wheels by getting this, since she already has the Aromamizer, I don't know if she would find that much difference to justify the cost, ya know. Me, I've got Drippers and Lemo's, plus some AeorTanks, and that's about it. So it's a Very Good acquisition and I'm Very Happy in All respects. I haven't had Leaks during filling (once I figured the Lemo V2 out, none there either), not even once, for Power I don't go beyond 20 Watts and hardly ever Sub-Ohm, and as to flavor......Since I used tobacco for 52 years I don't know if I could tell the difference in the taste of a Dog Turd and a Fillet Mignon Steak, but I like what I'm getting from the Cthulhu V2 (more than my other setups, that's why I have Pre-Ordered the Black one also). That's about it Guys. Just My :2c:. Hope it helps some.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nope, just eye-ballin' it! :pervy:

:lol: Okie Dokie Partner. I have to put my Glasses on just to find my Britches when I wake up. You Must be one of those Ancient Alien's I see on TV with the Special Powers. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread