Status
Not open for further replies.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
One feature I have found that I need in a juice calculator is flavor level. Most all the recipes are about 3X too strong for my taste. If I could just assume the recipe is 100% flavor and input 30% or some percentage it would automagically adjust the flavoring ingredient levels down and increase the PG/VG to compensate for the lost volume but leave the nic level alone.
JuiceCalculator does that for me all the time, either up or down. Just use the "Flavor %) button on the upper left top side of the screen. From there you can change the total percentage of the flavor and everything automatically adjusts just like magic. A really great feature! :thumb:

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
When I make a recipe an ingredient then make it again. How do I add new ml to ingredient total

I think I have 3 possible answers:

1.) If you are wanting to change the Ingredient you made from a recipe.
You can't edit it, you have to remake it. It is considered an already made base recipe for that single ingredient.
Make sure to save the recipe and edit that, to create a new ingredient from it.

2.) If you are adding the ingredient to a new recipe. It assumes you will use it just like any other ingredient.

3.) If you want to change the Default Percentage when you add the ingredient to a new recipe.
You can edit that in the Ingredient screen.

Reactions: penguiness

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
Holy Crap... Where has this software been all my life? It is awesome. I have been using the other well known calc for the past year with really no issues.

Now that I am finally putting my Scale (collected dust for 6 months) into full time use, I cannot see any reason to ever stop using this calculator.

Great Job HotRod. Keep up the great work. I hope to ship you a few bucks soon due to all of the time this is going to save me.

Oh and another Holy Crap - it keeps an inventory!!! And helps you put an order together. To use a phrase from my 16 year old OMG.

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Multiple Nicotine's can be saved. So I can make my favorite mix base at my desired level and simply use that instead of mixging nic, pg, vg, water and flavors each time. I must be hallucinating because that is the best idea ever. I'm not missing something with this am I?

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Multiple Nicotine's can be saved. So I can make my favorite mix base at my desired level and simply use that instead of mixging nic, pg, vg, water and flavors each time. I must be hallucinating because that is the best idea ever. I'm not missing something with this am I?

It can do about anything you need to. I love the alarm threshold on the inventory and the ability to deduct the flavorings from your inventory when you make a recipe. Categorizing groups of recipes together makes it easy for me to group recipes that I tend to make in the same session. I try to keep recipes with shared common ingredients grouped so I can mix them at the same time.

Reactions: 28if

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Ok folks, if I set up a Nic Base at a target of 19mg/ml with a 60 VG / 40 PG blend with say 6% flavoring and save it as NICBlend6040. Then I can use that item (NICBlend6040) as my Nicotine for all of my mixes and I should be good and safe - right? I use FA flavoring so I am in the range of 4~10% total. I vape 18 mg/ml normally. Should be very close right?

Is this all I really have to do to measure by weight? Can it really be this easy? I have been hesitant to mix by weight because I find it simply too easy to mix a big batch of Nic Base.

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
It can do about anything you need to. I love the alarm threshold on the inventory and the ability to deduct the flavorings from your inventory when you make a recipe. Categorizing groups of recipes together makes it easy for me to group recipes that I tend to make in the same session. I try to keep recipes with shared common ingredients grouped so I can mix them at the same time.

This software is too cool. Thank you for the heads up regarding the thresholds. Now I wont have 6 bottles of Cream Fresh and only one drop of Vienna Cream because I cant keep my stock organized enough.

Every time I open this program I find something new and really useful. A Backup on close - Really? Just a great idea and safeguard.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyChef

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
This software is too cool. Thank you for the heads up regarding the thresholds. Now I wont have 6 bottles of Cream Fresh and only one drop of Vienna Cream because I cant keep my stock organized enough.

Everytime I open this program I find something new and really useful. A Backup on close - Really? Just Bad ...

You can tweak the backups in your settings. You can also set default weights for all new added flavorings, along with other defaults.

Reactions: 28if

Passunca

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
As an early adopter of this awesomeness I'm very impressed. I've been MIA for a long time and this calculator just leaped from one of best to THE calculator. Congrats HotRod!

The only issue I have with it is still modifying/building from ingredients amount. Since I mix by weight this is often annoying. Let me try to demonstrate it.
Let's say, according to inventory I have 7 ml/gr of a given flavor, and my 90 ml recipe calls for 5 ml/gr and now I know that with just 2ml/gr left I will not be able to make 90ml again.

Let's say I pour it all the flavor, and it's 7,2 ml (7,429gr).
Is there an easy way of use all of those 7,2 ml, and the other ingredients automatically adjust accordingly, keeping their ratios and adjusting final volume?

AFAIK, when modyfing/bulding I have to manually adjust every ingredient because there's no option to lock the ratios.

I usually, as workaround, try to modify the recipe's final volume to get as close as possible but, it's a pain sometimes.

Is there a better way, is it already implemented and I just don't know, can it be added?

Reactions: penguiness

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
Anyone but me having problems downloading the latest version???
I had the version 4 at one time and deleted it with intentions to download and reinstall due to some issues but now the link comes up with a "500" error on the google page...then after several attempts it loads but want show a preview but was able to down load it finally but my Norton anti-virus popped up and said it the file was bad and it deleted it.
I would like to try this calculator but somehow I'm not able to so far!!

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread