eGo One Mini Safety Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PansyRabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2015
I've got an eGo One Mini which I ordered in late June. The warranty's expired. I use it as my "backup" device when I'm charging my other one. Last night I knew I'd be using it today (I was working outside and wanted it for my "stealth vape")--since I hadn't used it in a couple weeks, I charged it fully, put in a fresh coil, and filled it. I didn't turn it on. This morning I went to use it while driving to work, and it would not turn on. There was no light behind the power button. I set it on the seat beside me until I could look at it when I wasn't driving. About thirty seconds later, it began to fire, which lasted about ten seconds. I picked it up and a ton of liquid came out of the air control area. The whole thing was very hot. It stopped firing and cooled down slowly and I disconnected the tank from the battery. About twenty minutes later, I (stupidly, I know) re-connected them and tried again with the same result-- a delayed autofire.

Now I've got the tank off for good and I obviously won't try to use it again. But as I sit here with the thing beside me, I notice that the battery is finally flashing sporadically with a white light. Should I still be worried about it even if it's not connected to the tank, and how can I dispose of it safely?

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Whatever you do, don't throw it in the trash!

If there's a battery store in your area, take it to one, many accepts most any battery for proper disposal.

Otherwise, it appears as though you need a new device. While I can't recommend a specific eGo battery, the iTaste MVP is a decent device, holds a good charge & if you compare sites, can find a good deal (around $30). Just avoid eBay dealers, unless they're associated with a vape shop of good reputation.

The reason why I can't recommend a specific eGo battery is that quality varies among all & the market is saturated with cheap fakes of brand name versions. Even some of the brands have had issues, like the Spinner (can't remember the name of the company who manufacturers these). Just that there was a Spinner 1, 2 & 3, in the 1300-1600mAh range.

Cat

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread