Not open for further replies.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Howdy folks.

Nothing too new going on here. Starting to get stuff packed up for the move to dad's. The couple of job nibbles I had were a bust. Either the hours or pay was carp. I've got two more I'm going to apply to this evening. Crossing fingers. I just got my severance paper work today. Just a bit over $15k will be coming this way. We're putting almost all of it into savings. We plan on trying to get ahead on car payments and use the for Christmas for the kids, but otherwise, we won't touch it unless we absolutely HAVE to.

I'm sure y'all have seen the horror stories about what the weather has done in SC. There are some places that have gotten over two FEET of rain in the last five days. Thankfully, the bulk of that has passed south of us. It's been raining for the last two weeks, but we haven't seen any flooding around here. Even high winds haven't knocked any trees down that we've seen. It was nice seeing the sun today. Even if it was less than an hour's worth. Now it's cloudy again. Yes, we needed rain. Bad. There were boats on the lake that were sitting in the mud and not water. But I don't think we wanted this much rain this quickly. I've got friends and family in Columbia that can't leave their houses because roads have become rivers. Definitely some scary stuff.

Well, I better get moving. I have a bunk bed to tear apart and trash to run to the dump and a kid to get from volleyball practice.

Hope all is well with everyone else!
Glad to hear you aren't flooded James, I was worried about you guys.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Yep, I was right. Gained 1 pound. Dang it! Have no idea what I did different to make me gain. I did eat that taco salad last week and a starbucks frappuccino last week but I counted the points in them. Oh well, there's always next week.

Lots to do tomorrow and I'm already ready for tomorrow night when I can sit on the couch and veg for a while. Maybe tomorrow'll go by fast.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Oh and some exciting news!! Hubby said we're going off for a weekend together next month. Remember he won that package that included two nights at the marriot, two city passes which gives you access to several attractions around, and two steak dinners.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
It's getting tougher here at the end to get it off.
Aint that the truth?!

Glad to hear you aren't flooded James, I was worried about you guys.
I'm glad we werent still in our old house. I can only imagine what that basement looks like right now. It would get a few gallons with a "regular" rain. A few dozen gallons with a hard rain. There's probably enough water to flow out the back door on its own by this point.

Yep, I was right. Gained 1 pound. Dang it! Have no idea what I did different to make me gain. I did eat that taco salad last week and a starbucks frappuccino last week but I counted the points in them. Oh well, there's always next week.
Once you start getting as close as you are, it's not about just points, or just fats, or just calories. It's about EVERYTHING. Carbs, proteins, fiber, fat, vitamins, minerals... It's tough trying to balance your entire daily nutritional card. For example, today, I was under on calories and fat. Unfortunately, I was also under on protein and fiber, and over on carbs. I'm expecting a 1-2 pound gain in one day because of today's carelessness (but deliciousness!). About the only thing to counteract a one pound gain is a four letter word that has eight letters, starts with an ex, and ends in sweat, fatigue, and in extreme cases, has been know to make people poop their pants.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
ODJpPS0.jpg

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I'm a stick in the mud when it comes to halloween. Both kids aren't trick or treating any more and I personally don't like handing out candy. Therefore, my front porch light is turned out, one small light left on in the front part of the house and tv is played low until it's about over. The dogs drive me nuts barking either way. Morgan wanted to go out this year and asked me to buy her a costume. I told her no, she could make up her own costume if she was going with friends. Well, now she got in trouble again so she's not going at all. Her socializing is limited to school and well, that's about it for now.

It's been so busy today. Two doctor appointments for me and Alex this morning. He was running 2 hours behind. Ran from there back to the house to drop off Alex and run on to my next appointment at 1. Made a quick Walmart run after that and came home around 3:15. Morgan and I are leaving in about 45 minutes to go to her school chorus concert that will last 1.5 hours and is mandatory for them to stay for the whole thing. My in laws wanted to come too so meeting them there before the concert starts. Yippie! I will make sure not to mention anything going on with us as a whole, singly or anything involving the kids in any way, shape, or form so as to keep my self out of the blame loop. :laugh: Hubby will not be there tonight since he's at work. Hoping to make it home by 9.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Can I give that a dislike?

Gem of the day over here. A new customer invited me to hear a presentation on organic foods. Then ended the invite with: It's a lot of information, I don't imagine you'll comprehend it all, but please come. WHAT?????? After she left I asked Mr. V: Do I look like I'm as stupid as a stump? :facepalm:

The work day is about over, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread