Not open for further replies.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
I won't recommend any particular mech to anyone. It's nothing in any sense of the idea compared to a regulated mod.
And honestly if you need a recommendation, you are not ready for one yet.

Please do not take this as me being derogatory in any way. Read, read more, watch as many youtube videos as you can over a period of time, until you start searching out various aspects, and then start talking about mechs from what you already know. Many people on ECF will jump in at that point.

To add, please start reading mooch's blog and battery reviews , it's the means we all gauge batteries, their safety and limits. This will define your experience.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
If I were starting out today with mechanicals, knowing what I know now, I'd get a Reo and one of the several bottom feed atomizers sold on the Reos website. Then I would introduce myself to the Reos sub forum, here on ECF.
I collected all sorts of mechanical tube mods, for 3 years or so, before getting my first Reo. But I haven't used anything else since.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
So im looking for a mech, ill be running a mutation x v4 with it, but iv never had a mech before so im a newbie with them anyone got any recommendations ill consider most prices but ild like it to be reasonably price :p

thanks
What are you going to get from a mech that your not getting with your regulated mod ?

Reactions: thetrucker

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
What are you going to get from a mech that your not getting with your regulated mod ?

Peace of mind.
Solid, durable performance.
Longevity.
Total control and freedom.

Mechs can last forever.
ALL chips eventually fail.

Not everyone vapes at a desk.

And for my recommendation:

My " got to" mechanical.
King knurled clone.
$15-20 online.
Solid and thick, adjustable copper contact, adjustable for battery rattle, recessed button, reverse lock ring.
Built like a padlock and hits like a street corner pimp.

Comes in Brass, Copper, and Stainless Steel.
Excellent first mechanical mod.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Mechs are great in that they are simplistic and have no electronics to fail. But they are dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. With that RDA I'm guessing you want clouds and low resistance builds. You can actually get bigger clouds out of a regulated mod. If you are set on a mech, they are all pretty similar in how they work. You will see lots of folks argue about voltage drop, sleeve resistance, etc. In the end, mech are about looks. Find one you like, put GOOD BATTERIES in it, and don't build below 0.5 ohms until you know what you are doing. Make sure you have an ohm meter, TRUE 20A batteries (LG HB6 or Sony VTC4) and don't try to go crazy with your builds until you have some experience. And above all else, stay away from hybrids like the SIMPL.

Reactions: bwh79

WhiskeyTango

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2015
Michigan
I just received my Infinite Stingray X clone in the mail yesterday. Very, very well made/machined, and it hits well. I'd recommend it to someone looking for their first mechanical mod. Just take the hybrid adapter and put it in the back of a drawer and leave it there until you are very well versed with Ohm's law and how a hybrid works.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I just received my Infinite Stingray X clone in the mail yesterday. Very, very well made/machined, and it hits well. I'd recommend it to someone looking for their first mechanical mod. Just take the hybrid adapter and put it in the back of a drawer and leave it there until you are very well versed with Ohm's law and how a hybrid works.

Those are not hybrids.
It's an adapter to give a hybrid "look".
There is a huge difference.
Like elephants and elephant seals.

True Hybrids are relatively safe.
Fake hybrids are relatively dangerous.

You can actually get bigger clouds out of a regulated mod.

Clouds are determined the atty and build.
Build it right and you can get what you want from a mech or regulated mod.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Nemeses are good. They take a kick +18650. Switch is better with magnets. Small magnets can be used to fine-tune throw distance.
Peace of mind. Check. Especially with a kick and 1.2 to 1.7 ohm builds.
Solid, durable performance. Check. And replacement parts are easily available at FT.
Longevity. Check. If you buy several, you can switch out parts.
Total control and freedom. Check. Mix and match parts for aesthetics.

Mechs can last forever. Check.
ALL chips eventually fail. Check. Replacement kicks at FT for $7.30 each. Can you get a regulated mod for that price?

Reactions: Ryedan

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Nemeses are good. They take a kick +18650. Switch is better with magnets. Small magnets can be used to fine-tune throw distance.

Nemesis mechs are okay but they are thin walled, have a quirky switch assembly ( that rice pin design is awful), and lock ring threads are so fine that you have to spin it forever to lock and unlock.
I have 4 Nemi's.
There are much better mechs out there.

Kevin littell

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Covington Ga
Nemesis is a good design....fine threaded for electrical contact. Takes a bit of patience but not alot.

Caravela's are bullet proof.

Look for adjustable top pin NOT a floater. Never put it in a pants pocket. Clean and inspect EVERY battery change and build coils to match your battery.

I love my Neme's.

Reactions: Thrasher

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Nemesis is a good design....fine threaded for electrical contact. Takes a bit of patience but not alot.

Caravela's are bullet proof.

Look for adjustable top pin NOT a floater. Never put it in a pants pocket. Clean and inspect EVERY battery change and build coils to match your battery.

I love my Neme's.

I was referring to the million threads on the lock ring.
Lol

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Slow down folks, first it's new vapers with mechs who don't want to learn. Then it's if you have to ask you're not ready? Huh! Which one is it?

Lots of good advice in this thread about mech's just keep asking questions and keep learning you'll be fine. I went to mechs after a month of vaping and haven't blown myself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread