• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
One thing that "P'd" me off about it Bob.
On the very very rare time,i've been to McDonalds,they charge.

What's that about?
"Tis the law"
No mate that's for plazzy bags,your's are paper.Bandwagon jumpers:-x

Never ever had that happen at McD's. Were you buying something like soup (do they do soup)? Mind you I never order more than a couple of double cheeseburgers and large fries, so maybe they're exempt. I'd really query that if it happened to you again.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Never ever had that happen at McD's. Were you buying something like soup (do they do soup)? Mind you I never order more than a couple of double cheeseburgers and large fries, so maybe they're exempt. I'd really query that if it happened to you again.

No Drive thru' Pipey.Don't forget the sillyness, for you, only started today.Wales have had the bag charge for some time.

:laugh: @ Soup in a bag.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Just been googling and this is where it gets silly:

Scotland & Wales:

If you went to a fast food restaurant and purchased a packet of fries and a burger then the fries can be placed in a free bag as they are only part wrapped and you would not be expected to place these in a reusable bag as there could be some food safety risks. If the burger is also placed in the bag, then the bag would be charged for. This is because it is safe to place wrapped food into a reusable bag and the purpose of these Regulations is to change customer behaviour every time they shop and in every situation.

Of course if chips are not in a secure bag/carton then they must be placed in a bag, so the bit in the above link was correct

Northern Ireland:

The levy does not apply when the bags:
  • Contain take-away hot food and hot drinks
It also appears it is not only plastic bags in NI, Scotland & Wales but paper ones as well so McD can still put my BigMac & chips in a paper carrier bag:
Bags that are not covered by the charge include those made from:
  • cloth
  • jute
  • cotton
  • hessian.
BUT in England:
Bags you charge for
A bag is considered as such if it has an opening and isn’t sealed. You must charge at least 5p a bag for carrier bags that are all of the following:
  • unused - it’s new and hasn’t been used previously for sold goods to be taken away or delivered
  • plastic
  • with handles
  • 70 microns thick or less

Reactions: e-pipeman

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Certain shops around here won't charge.Saying it's too much hassle.
One Chinese take a way, just throws £20 or so in the kitty and says that's how many bags were used.
Doesn't charity come into it somewhere regarding the collected money.
It all depends on the amount of employees, in England it is 250, so big Supermarket chains have to charge, but a small outlet with only 10 workers doesn't, it would only apply to the Chinese Takeaway if it is part of a big Franchise.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Vapemail:
8 Ni200 Clapton Atlantis coils
rsz_dscf0007.jpg Capture.PNG

And @Bobw1951 Atlantis RBA if you're still Interested
rsz_dscf0006_2.jpg atlantis_rba_section1a-600x600.jpg

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Vapemail:
8 Ni200 Clapton Atlantis coils
View attachment 496373 View attachment 496374

And @Bobw1951 Atlantis RBA if you're still Interested
View attachment 496375 View attachment 496380
Let me know how you get on with those claptons, saw a vid review that said they were s h i t
I have one Atlantis RBA, if you remember I pointed out that the build has to be similar to when people used to rebuild the older style Kanger Pro coils.

I have Vapemail as well my HotCig DX200 (DNA200) from FT the nice little box it came in got damaged, I have the battery half on charge at the moment, it was down to about 2%, good job the AC converter for my Squonk³ charger, works with this balance charger as the one that came with it was a US plug one. Here's 3 piccys of the other half:
2015-10-06 13.34.27.jpg 2015-10-06 13.37.05.jpg 2015-10-06 13.34.41.jpg

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Just had a mail from creme de vape(cloud9)they will be adding £1.50 to every juice order to pay for a age verification proceedure.
Hope other vendors do not follow.

I haven't ordered juice from there and probably wouldn't even without the extra cost.
Would you like to read that email again - doesn't say that in my one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread