Has anyone ever experienced this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWoolyCloud

Verified Member
Sep 29, 2015
Hello,

Well surely I can't be the only one this has happen to, sometimes when i inhale large amounts of vapor I can't exhale like it got stuck in my throat and forces me to cough and vapor gets trapped that comes up later (burping).

This mainly happened to me when I first started seriously vaping with drippers and high end mods, hasn't happened to me until I tried a new juice today and happens every couple of hits...

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Try lowering your nic level. When I got my Kennedy 24 and started taking super big cloud size hits I dropped my nic level in it from 6- 2 or 3. No cough, no phlegm. It could be the PG:VG of that specific juice though, or an element of the flavor. But I've never gotten the feeling I can't exhale, that's something I find strange.

DrWoolyCloud

Verified Member
Sep 29, 2015
I'm at 3 nic last month I lowered from 6.. I guess could be that this juice is 70vg.. As to where I'm used to 80vg.

Or maybe a hidden ingredient inside certain juices causes this for me?

I haven't ever found one other single person who this has happen to me.

Guess I'm not gonna use my new apple pie flavor :/

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm at 3 nic last month I lowered from 6.. I guess could be that this juice is 70vg.. As to where I'm used to 80vg.

Or maybe a hidden ingredient inside certain juices causes this for me?

I haven't ever found one other single person who this has happen to me.

Guess I'm not gonna use my new apple pie flavor :/

If you are enjoying the flavor of your apple pie you could just do mouth hits with it. That way you will still taste it but won't be pulling it deep into your lungs. Since nic is absorbed mostly through the mouth and nose deep lung inhales aren't really necessary to nicotine absorption.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Your mod is doing what it is supposed to do, but too well for you.
What I mean to say is it's vaporising lots of juice, just too much! And your swallowing it for whatever natural or unnatural reason upon mid inhale.

Lower your wattage, thin your juice, and take lighter pulls.
/just suggestions

Reactions: Coldrake

DrWoolyCloud

Verified Member
Sep 29, 2015
Well I mainly use unregulated, haven't had a problem in well over a year..

It's only happened a couple times while trying to make huge clouds messing around in the past..

Now I'm just normally vaping on a dual fused Clapton on the castigator dual mech box and mutation x v4 with the new juice and it happens..

Not trying to make huge clouds just casually vaping.

Any other juice I have I don't have a problem.

DrWoolyCloud

Verified Member
Sep 29, 2015
Your mod is doing what it is supposed to do, but too well for you.
What I mean to say is it's vaporising lots of juice, just too much! And your swallowing it for whatever natural or unnatural reason upon mid inhale.

Lower your wattage, thin your juice, and take lighter pulls.
/just suggestions

Now that I really think about it I guess my mind is causing me to swallow on partial exhale for whatever reason causing me to not be able to finish exhaling..

It's almost as if it's such a tasty apple pie I'm trying to eat it haha..

Maybe my brain sees it as food and attempts to swallow?

I'll just continue using my other juices and every once in a while try this juice again and see if I get same results.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Now I'm just normally vaping on a dual fused Clapton on the castigator dual mech box and mutation x v4 with the new juice and it happens..

Not trying to make huge clouds just casually vaping.

Any other juice I have I don't have a problem.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

That is not "casual" vaping -- casual vaping would be a single coil around 1.5-2 ohms, and would not be making that quantity of vapor, I assure you. :lol:

Andria

DrWoolyCloud

Verified Member
Sep 29, 2015
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

That is not "casual" vaping -- casual vaping would be a single coil around 1.5-2 ohms, and would not be making that quantity of vapor, I assure you. :lol:

Andria

Ok let me rephrase to my usual.. I usually vape on coils around .2 - .4 ohms.

I've been vaping that way for about 10 months and haven't had a problem.

I like a decently warm vape and that's what satisfies me taking a couple of puffs off of it at a time.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Ok let me rephrase to my usual.. I usually vape on coils around .2 - .4 ohms.

I've been vaping that way for about 10 months and haven't had a problem.

I like a decently warm vape and that's what satisfies me taking a couple of puffs off of it at a time.

Ok... but that kind of coil (very low sub-ohm) is going to make A LOT of vapor -- plus that high-VG will also.

Andria

DrWoolyCloud

Verified Member
Sep 29, 2015
Ok... but that kind of coil (very low sub-ohm) is going to make A LOT of vapor -- plus that high-VG will also.

Andria

Yes it does,

Long story short in the beginning I wasn't really satisfied unless I saw huge amounts of vapor on my exhale. So I started minorly cloud chasing I guess..

After doing that for awhile I realized the warmer vapor satisfied me a lot more and tasted a lot better.
So I started building between .1-.5 ohm coils and found my sweet spot is around .24

The reason for the high vg is for two reasons, it gives a less harsh vapor on some juices, (I've made the the same flavor in 60vg and 80vg) and certain flavors can be harsh at lower vg levels
And also it's smooth and gives nice amounts of vapor (satisfies my mind)

After sub ohming for awhile it grew on me.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
This sometimes happens to me... Usually if I try to chain-vape a sub ohm build... The vapor seems to return to a liquid state in my lungs before I can exhale and I get the same ridiculous cough as if I swallowed water the wrong way. I almost passed out once... Not from the N, but from how hard I was coughing. Not proud of that :/

One of the many reasons I went from cloud chasing to a tootle-puffer.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Yes it does,

Long story short in the beginning I wasn't really satisfied unless I saw huge amounts of vapor on my exhale. So I started minorly cloud chasing I guess..

After doing that for awhile I realized the warmer vapor satisfied me a lot more and tasted a lot better.
So I started building between .1-.5 ohm coils and found my sweet spot is around .24

The reason for the high vg is for two reasons, it gives a less harsh vapor on some juices, (I've made the the same flavor in 60vg and 80vg) and certain flavors can be harsh at lower vg levels
And also it's smooth and gives nice amounts of vapor (satisfies my mind)

After sub ohming for awhile it grew on me.

Gotcha. It might just be that the dense vapor you're already producing with "casual" vaping is the most you can tolerate.

Wasn't making light of the problem in the OP; just found it funny to see coil and ohm specs like those applied to "casual" vaping. :D

Andria

Reactions: Liskrig

DrWoolyCloud

Verified Member
Sep 29, 2015
This sometimes happens to me... Usually if I try to chain-vape a sub ohm build... The vapor seems to return to a liquid state in my lungs before I can exhale and I get the same ridiculous cough as if I swallowed water the wrong way. I almost passed out once... Not from the N, but from how hard I was coughing. Not proud of that :/

One of the many reasons I went from cloud chasing to a tootle-puffer.

Spot on identical what happens to me.

But only seems to be this one juice so I'll just hold off on using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread