Let's Talk Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Yeah, that's odd. Not sure why it takes so much power. Is there an IPC D2 thread you can ask someone? Has to be someone familiar with that chip.

I did find a thread on ECF that goes into a lot of great detail, and other sources too. Each chip will read resistance and available battery power with some variance. My grasp of circuitry concepts is limited. It isn't a huge issue as long as I can find the sweet spot for each mod/build pairing. :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
No sign of the kanger subox yet. We'll give it a couple more days... What do they call it now, SBM?Well that's what i'm going to refer to it as, from now on, SuBoxMini (SBM).

That about where i like my atty's to run too.

Sweet! Lori. What tanks you running on those? Lovin my ZNA (clone) as well (polished SS) I thought it had a power button failure but turned out to be just gunked up with juice that had leak out. Now with the SBM I'll have a nice backup to take out and about.

Both tanks are OTM Aqua v2's I picked up from Fasttech. Clones, but supposedly made by the original manufacturer. FT no longer sells them. They are fantastic tanks for me. Easy to build, great flavor & vapor. To me, it's a dripper in a tank form.

Well, with a .9 ohm coil 19 watts would set you at around 4.14 volts (close to what a fresh battery would be charged at on a mech.) 20w would push it up to 4.24 volts still tolerable. At 30W your pushing 5.19 volts through the coil - no wonder you got harsh hits.If you want to use more wattage, drop the resistance down to like .5
and see how it goes, for example, .5ohm at 30W is 3.87 Volts - and at 35 W it's 4.18 volts.

So higher wattage is compatible with lower ohm builds. with the SuBox Mini 60 watts is three times more than I'll normally use, but it's there if I should decide to go suck* ohm.

*subohm Damn spell check!!!

Agreed! I was simply spoiled by the way the DNA 30 chip in the ZNA handles low wattage in a sub-ohm build. It doesn't even try to regulate it. Instead, it runs straight off the battery like a mech. The IPV D2 seemed to still try to regulate to the watts setting I used, which freaked out the chip. That puts the burden on the user to calculate via ohms law and put in the right setting. I can do that. I'd prefer that a chip that won't do step down at least refuse to fire with incorrect - and unsafe - settings. But I'm a responsible vaper, and this baby was under $50.

Plus, as I vape and the battery drains, I can drop the power if I want. I'm finding it's pretty darn good at 20 - 24 watts, and it's working well. The IPV reads my coil at .86 ohms, so 22W (or slightly more, depending how it reads the fresh battery) appears to be the sweet spot. :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
This is kind of interesting. Not that I want one, even though it would look cool on the IPV D2. Kinda interesting direction though. It's a 7ml tank atty made for box mods, the KS RTA by Holy Land Mods. The authentic is pricey for what it is.

http://holylandmods.com/product/ks-rta/

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
OK, I am doing my self imposed annual torture, and I came across a couple of familiar names I cannot "Google" for info, only for sales. Maybe some of y'all tech savvy types could help me here ;
1) Who makes the Davide ? Guessing it's a rebuild able tank, and I know the originator is in the Far East. Just not sure where...
2) The Erlkonigin. Originally designed by Qorax, but I cannot find a website for this Qorax.

Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.
The Davide is a Shenzhen Anyvape Technology, China, I believe. Along with the CeroTank and the Peakomizer
http://www.anyvape.com/anyvape-davide-glassomizer/

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
This is kind of interesting. Not that I want one, even though it would look cool on the IPV D2. Kinda interesting direction though. It's a 7ml tank atty made for box mods, the KS RTA by Holy Land Mods. The authentic is pricey for what it is.

http://holylandmods.com/product/ks-rta/
Another innovative one from Russia? It does look interesting.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Where's Dusty when ya need him, he owns an Erl or three

Dusty has the Erlk Prinz I bought. It was too fussy for me. Could not get it to work as well as my Aqua. So off to Canada it went, where it could be pampered and appreciated. :)

That thing is huge.

That's part of its appeal. At 20+ watts, I went through the 3.5 ml in my Aqua pretty darn quick! I was so focused on watching the chip behavior and battery life, I didn't even noticed I had vaped it nearly dry. A 7 ml tank if you're gonna be gone all day starts to sound good. And it does it without being too massive for these tiny mods.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Ok, I have a question for anyone who has bought Sony vtc5 18650 2600mAh. What is the going price for these? I've seen anywhere from $8.32 - $12.59 a piece on the web. I'm afraid that if I go with the low end, there's a good chance they could be fake. On the other hand, if I go with the high end, I feel like I'm making payments on new cedar paneling in somebodies vape shop.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Ok, I have a question for anyone who has bought Sony vtc5 18650 2600mAh. What is the going price for these? I've seen anywhere from $8.32 - $12.59 a piece on the web. I'm afraid that if I go with the low end, there's a good chance they could be fake. On the other hand, if I go with the high end, I feel like I'm making payments on new cedar paneling in somebodies vape shop.

I have 2 of those Sony's that I bought from 101 Vape in July 2014. I paid between $11 - 12 each back then. Only used them for a month or so. Now they are running the IPV D2 and are still going strong. Right now, RTD Vapor has them for $10.62. They only ship to US customers, but they are reputable so that gives you an idea of pricing.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Thanks Lori, through my search I've found them as high as $16. Ebay has them up for $36.99 for a set of4, that's only $9.25 each. It seems like a good deal, but how does one know they are getting authentic batteries or not?

It's a roll of the dice with eBay. I know some do fine buying there. I also saw this post on the D2 thread I'm reading through. The person thought they were buying an authentic Kanger STM from an eBay seller. The airflow tube inside the tank was painted (poorly) and he ended up with paint chips floating in his juice! Personally, for batteries I go with a reputable seller. I'm extra cautious about batteries.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/ipv-d2-announced.675303/page-92#post-16439411

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread