Status
Not open for further replies.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Just put this 22g build on my new Aeolus v2. Pretty similar to the Vector.
50113bcf929a6e1bab88969bb9c2ed4f.jpg
f7c81ddc2430a872533e27dd228b092a.jpg
ff5461e4600693ad053df86db3af506f.jpg

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Just put this 22g build on my new Aeolus v2. Pretty similar to the Vector.
50113bcf929a6e1bab88969bb9c2ed4f.jpg
f7c81ddc2430a872533e27dd228b092a.jpg
ff5461e4600693ad053df86db3af506f.jpg
How does it compare to the vector? I absolutely love my aeolus and never saw the point of getting a vector because I had an aeolus v1 right around the time it came out.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ThePulver

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
San Diego
Anyone know where to find a compatible 510 drip tip adapter for the Stumpy? Or even a chuff cap (POM or Teflon) for less than the $20 original? This is to fit a 11.5mm diameter hole. Think I may use high-temp silicone sealant on any replacement.

Hahahahaha I literally came here to post this also. F-ing carseat ate mine over the weekend and I can't find it to save my life. Jeez and I thought that the spitback was noticeable before... [HASHTAG]#teamnodriptip[/HASHTAG] is rough on the Stumpy

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Hahahahaha I literally came here to post this also. F-ing carseat ate mine over the weekend and I can't find it to save my life. Jeez and I thought that the spitback was noticeable before... [HASHTAG]#teamnodriptip[/HASHTAG] is rough on the Stumpy

There's always that *one* way, via the Orient. :facepalm: :laugh:

Reactions: ThePulver

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
How does it compare to the vector? I absolutely love my aeolus and never saw the point of getting a vector because I had an aeolus v1 right around the time it came out.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Very similar. More airy fully open which is hard to believe. Vapor and flavor very similar. Build deck similar, plenty of room. It's redundant to the Vector for the most part plus use your own tip is nice.

Reactions: kformeck

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas

Tell me about it, no clue where that thing went. For $9, I ordered this, which yields an adapter plus chuff cap. Haven't found other sources. BTW, these are my preferred dip tips.

Reactions: ThePulver

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
I've been looking at the Stumpy. It's so similar to the Derringer which I like. But the Derringer can get a little weepy if ya know what I mean. One drop too many and I'm reaching for the tissue. Is the Stumpy better in that regard? Deeper well ? And what else if anything makes it better then Derringer? Thanks.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I've been looking at the Stumpy. It's so similar to the Derringer which I like. But the Derringer can get a little weepy if ya know what I mean. One drop too many and I'm reaching for the tissue. Is the Stumpy better in that regard? Deeper well ? And what else if anything makes it better then Derringer? Thanks.
The Stumpy is less messy than the Derringer (even though I don't have a huge problem with the Derringer in that regard). Other than that, the performance is almost identical IMO. You'll probably get several comments that the Stumpy blows the Derringer away and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion even if I don't understand it. They're essentially the same atty other than the Stumpy has only two posts to the Derringer's three and different aesthetics. If less mess is important to you then the Stumpy may be worth it. If you're looking for a markedly better/different vape experience, IMO, look elsewhere.

Reactions: HeiSINberg

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
The Stumpy is less messy than the Derringer (even though I don't have a huge problem with the Derringer in that regard). Other than that, the performance is almost identical IMO. You'll probably get several comments that the Stumpy blows the Derringer away and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion even if I don't understand it. They're essentially the same atty other than the Stumpy has only two posts to the Derringer's three and different aesthetics. If less mess is important to you then the Stumpy may be worth it. If you're looking for a markedly better/different vape experience, IMO, look elsewhere.

Thank you jh. I appreciate the honesty and quick response.

Reactions: jhhollier

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
The airholes on the stumpy being a bit higher makes it much less prone to leakage
The two Post design makes it much better to build for me
The mini chuff DT or the 510 DT adapter makes it better to drip for me
I love my stumpy and didn't care much for my derringer

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

Just to expand a bit on Vapero's post. Just a few objective differences:

• The top cap is slightly conical and (generally speaking) less close to the coils, so given an uber-low ohm build, it will less likely turn into a radiator (not to say it will be a cooler vape though...just depends)
  • The well is deeper and is further enhanced by lack of a center post
  • More build options
    • Larger, slotted posts for thicker ('exotic') coils
    • More chamber size to use larger coils
    • **In-between-posts builds are possible (various coil-types; vertical or horizontal)

**Just being a two-post design is not inherently special, but the spacing of the Stumpy's posts makes it more functional and beyond something that can be minimized to "just" like any other two-post design. Other two-post decks like a Magma, a Manta or even a Petri do not offer the same space in the center channel as the Stumpy, and because of that spacing you can try many more types of build configurations. The Stumpy, in that regard, would be more akin to the Hobo v3.1 and what it can do.

Last edited:

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
The airholes on the stumpy being a bit higher makes it much less prone to leakage
The two Post design makes it much better to build for me
The mini chuff DT or the 510 DT adapter makes it better to drip for me
I love my stumpy and didn't care much for my derringer

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Although with thinner juices it is easily leaked.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread