manila
OK I gave up on titanium altogether,
Apparently freezing worked temporarily.

I switched to ss wire not sure what grade
Well its doing better.
Thou the temps are down to 200-240f
Loving the warmth and flavor...
Just not the initial taste.

Not also having the temp protect thing I mean I don't even get a warning hahahahhaha

" life is about making decisions and not looking back "

Reactions: TrollDragon

denti

Feb 5, 2015
toronto
ok, so what i've found out with my mod and not sure if this is a correct assumption or not but....

with the device and atty left alone for an hour or 2, i pick it up tap the fire button and it reads 176f

so it seems to me that the base temperature is off by approx 100f. Reading with other did with the fridge, i put the mod and atty in the fridge and left it there for 30 mins. took it out and tapped the fire button and it's still reads 176f.

On my mod, the ohms do not drop or change like others have said after it goes to sleep/ battery removed etc. it's constant when i locked it.

so to get any sort of vape, i'm pushing this up to about 580f which kinda makes sense if the base if off by 100f

I did upgrade the firmware hoping it'd fix this but alas, it has not. So now my quest is to see if there's a way to reset to factory defaults or something similar to recalibrate

<edit> i've tried this with both the nickel and ti and always gives me a base of 176f

eltaros

Oct 1, 2015
Malaysia
@scaredmice, Took some time to build/setup and vape according to your sample setup.
........................................its actually seems to work. Think my ignorance had me be cause of my misbehaving mod.
Havin said that i still "feel" by using "NCSC" im getting a cooler dense think tasty vape...But im going to compare it later and put aside my ignorance
and will reply back.(Have ta bring my kids out for now with this setup in hand :)

BTW i got 0.15ohm nickel set as base at room Temp 20C(i need to freeze it cause room temp here in MY is around 32/33C, but will certainly try to setup base res at 32/33 later as well)
Firing at 400-430F.

Thankyou @scaredmice nd i'll be back later. (Guys for those who saw my previous comments on this as well on those who complained earlier similar to my senario,
Please try this seggetion/guide/explination from @scaredmice first and feedback if you want please.)

Im back apparently it took longer then expected as i was ....
enjoying and puffing away with my vtc-mini... this one is a keeper.
@scaredmice and @Eitje, if you reading this thankyou for showing the way for this novice ignorant vaper.

Guys, for those who's having problem with anemic vape and resistance going down after sleep/rest/off, please try this, i know it works for me:)
If you miss any of these steps, then you might bump into that lowering of base resistance/anemic vape issue.(i know i have)
1. Make sure to set the initial base resistance at the coolest room temperature. (you could checkyour mod temp by clicking 10times. As for the atty/build temp i just use my own temp reader or just make sure i cool both the mod and build the same time same location.
- for me here in asia outside is usually warmer then indoors(32/33/36C) partly because of the airconditioning indoors. Even if indoors is not airconditioned, just make sure
your build and the mod are initially set on the coolest invironment that you think you usually will be going to. People at cooler climate might have the opposite whereby the
indoor temp is warmer, much2 warmer then outdoor, thus making the drop down in resistance issue more apparent i guest. This being said, utilizing the freezer could be
an option where you could actually freeze the mod and the build at the lowest temp you want preferably at 20/21 C.(no idea if your outside temp is cooler then this then
you might wanna freeze it more..but i guest the expert could judge on this as i have no idea why its 20/21C or weather we could freeze it lower).
- another important note is that we need to rest both the mod and build for a good long time if you setting it outside or in your room(usually 10-15minutes). But for me i find using the freezer just works fast rather then waiting for it to go down. Having said that, ived also tried cooling it in my airconditioned room by leaving it for about 15 to 30 minutes, it just works fine. Remember for those who have their outside temp cooler, this doesnt apply, u must cool it down to the lowest temp out there as i guest you do go outside the house and vape as well.
2. Make sure you have removed the resistance lock (remove the pad lock icon) if you have set it to lock on your previous build. If you dont remove it before changing to new build then it this my not work properly as we want.(got this from the manual as well as from my testing)
3. Make sure to reset your base resistance before putting in the new build.(Pushing the fire button while removing your old atty/build). This resets the base resistance of the stored in the software which you have set probably by using some initial build etc.
This is needed if your new build that you gonna put on is higher ohm then your previous one on (apparently the mini automatically takes the atty if the resistance is lower then the previous one.)

My samples,
- i have 2 nic builds 0.17ohm and 0.06ohm . Initially i was running the 0.06ohm and when i want to change to the 0.17ohm build, i make sure i remove the resistance lock, reset the base resistance(pushing the power button while removing the build(0.06ohm)
- once i done this, i leave my mod and the build(0.17ohm) that im gonna put in(with the wicking and starter juice all together) in my airconditioned room. After a good 20 minutes the mod reads 26C. The atty i guest should have cooled down the same.
- after im satisfied with the temp reading, i put in my 0.17ohm build and wait for few seconds the mini reads 0.16ohm. I quickly lock this(the padlock).*Important to do this quickly as depending on the tolerance of your, build and how warm you hands are the temp might quickly bump up again. So do it quickly as you can(lock the resistance) at the temp you are at.
And ived been vaping it and enjoying it ever since. (420/450F/470F!) with 22/25/30W).
No enemic vapes, no more lowering of base temp after sleep/idle/off.
Been using it for 2 days and nothing changed. I just made sure i didnt miss the steps above and im good to go.
Happy that i dont have ta carry my snowwolf around anymore and keep it as a cloud maker at home for leisueur as i could bring my nic/Ti build around now.

Oh ya, for those wondering my mod versions.
I got my first vtc-mini (cyan) Hw 1.03 ; Fw 1.10, i got this replaced as i thought it was faulty due to my own missconfiguring(so sorry guys i couldnt confirm if this version works as its no longer with me)

The one im using now is Hw1.00, Fw 1.02 (ya its older version but at least its black!)
Im gonna brave my self to upgrade the software.. naaa.. maybe in another moth or so since this is still working for me.

Last edited:

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
1. Make sure to set the initial base resistance at the coolest room temperature. (you could checkyour mod temp by clicking 10times. As for the atty/build temp i just use my own temp reader or just make sure i cool both the mod and build the same time same location.

Interesting! Didn't know about the 10 click thing.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Im back apparently it took longer then expected as i was ....
enjoying and puffing away with my vtc-mini... this one is a keeper.
@scaredmice and @Eitje, if you reading this thankyou for showing the way for this novice ignorant vaper.

Guys, for those who's having problem with anemic vape and resistance going down after sleep/rest/off, please try this, i know it works for me:)
If you miss any of these steps, then you might bump into that lowering of base resistance/anemic vape issue.(i know i have)
- for me here in asia outside is usually warmer then indoors(32/33/36C) partly because of the airconditioning indoors. Even if indoors is not airconditioned, just make sure
your build and the mod are initially set on the coolest invironment that you think you usually will be going to. People at cooler climate might have the opposite whereby the
indoor temp is warmer, much2 warmer then outdoor, thus making the drop down in resistance issue more apparent i guest. This being said, utilizing the freezer could be
an option where you could actually freeze the mod and the build at the lowest temp you want preferably at 20/21 C.(no idea if your outside temp is cooler then this then
you might wanna freeze it more..but i guest the expert could judge on this as i have no idea why its 20/21C or weather we could freeze it lower).
- another important note is that we need to rest both the mod and build for a good long time if you setting it outside or in your room(usually 10-15minutes). But for me i find using the freezer just works fast rather then waiting for it to go down. Having said that, ived also tried cooling it in my airconditioned room by leaving it for about 15 to 30 minutes, it just works fine. Remember for those who have their outside temp cooler, this doesnt apply, u must cool it down to the lowest temp out there as i guest you do go outside the house and vape as well.
2. Make sure you have removed the resistance lock (remove the pad lock icon) if you have set it to lock on your previous build. If you dont remove it before changing to new build then it this my not work properly as we want.(got this from the manual as well as from my testing)
3. Make sure to reset your base resistance before putting in the new build.(Pushing the fire button while removing your old atty/build). This resets the base resistance of the stored in the software which you have set probably by using some initial build etc.
This is needed if your new build that you gonna put on is higher ohm then your previous one on (apparently the mini automatically takes the atty if the resistance is lower then the previous one.)

My samples,
- i have 2 nic builds 0.17ohm and 0.06ohm . Initially i was running the 0.06ohm and when i want to change to the 0.17ohm build, i make sure i remove the resistance lock, reset the base resistance(pushing the power button while removing the build(0.06ohm)
- once i done this, i leave my mod and the build(0.17ohm) that im gonna put in(with the wicking and starter juice all together) in my airconditioned room. After a good 20 minutes the mod reads 26C. The atty i guest should have cooled down the same.
- after im satisfied with the temp reading, i put in my 0.17ohm build and wait for few seconds the mini reads 0.16ohm. I quickly lock this(the padlock).
And ived been vaping it and enjoying it ever since. (420/450F/470F!) with 22/25/30W).
No enemic vapes, no more lowering of base temp after sleep/idle/off.
Been using it for 2 days and nothing changed. I just made sure i didnt miss the steps above and im good to go.
Happy that i dont have ta carry my snowwolf around anymore and keep it as a cloud maker at home for leisueur as i could bring my nic/Ti build around now.

Oh ya, for those wondering my mod versions.
I got my first vtc-mini (cyan) Hw 1.03 ; Fw 1.10, i got this replaced as i thought it was faulty due to my own missconfiguring(so sorry guys i couldnt confirm if this version works as its no longer with me)

The one im using now is Hw1.00, Fw 1.02 (ya its older version but at least its black!)
Im gonna brave my self to upgrade the software.. naaa.. maybe in another moth or so since this is still working for me.
Excellent instructions and props for the dedication in finding a temporary solution.
:toast:

For now I am putting my TC builds on the IPV D2 and using the VTC mini in Power mode until an attach atty and go fix comes along.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
You who have problems with a weak vape on the VT mini, why don't you simply increase the temp setting (as the reason is likely the mod being underpowered)? I do that with my full-size Evic VT, which is underpowered by about 100f. Also, I'm thinking that freezing the mod is probably not a great idea. Water crystals might wreak havoc on the chip, and it's really not made to handle those kinds of temperatures or environments.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tpat591

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
You who have problems with a weak vape on the VT mini, why don't you simply increase the temp setting (as the reason is likely the mod being underpowered)? I do that with my full-size Evic VT, which is underpowered by about 100f. Also, I'm thinking that freezing the mod is probably not a great idea. Water crystals might wreak havoc on the chip, and it's really not made to handle those kinds of temperatures or environments.

Uhm....
Yeah we Already did that

The weak vape is not just the issue here...id be happy to state it again

" life is about making decisions and not looking back "

denti

Feb 5, 2015
toronto
Ok, so i did an updated again to the lastest version and did it a few times. now when I click the fire button, it's now showing me 70f which is good.

tried to vape at 400f and nothing. bumped it up and kept bumping it up and finally got some taste at 570f.

as mentioned my resistance is not changing when yanking out the battery or waking from sleep mode.

I tried the steps listed above with no luck. waited till device read 23c which sounds right.

running firmware 1.00 and 1.10

ready to give up on this and send it back to joyetech

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

After have the mini vape absolutely perfect at 430F/25W, cranking it up to 580F after the problem to get a somewhat hotter but still half assed vape is something I am not really interested in.

Be like driving along at 100kmh 2500RPM and then loosing a cylinder, so you have to run the engine extremely rough at 4500RPM to maintain your 100kmh speed...

Jesse Wright

Sep 19, 2015
If you're at 1.9 ohm, you're not using TC, where all (?) the issues are.

It's a bangin' little 60w VW mod. Using mine right now with a factory 0.2 Kanthal head in a tank. Works great.
TC? Not so much.
Lol meant .19ni200 and I don't see why you couldn't build a 1.9 coil out of ti? But I sure am in tc and at 430-460 I get a warm flavorful dense vape. No problems for me yet. Tp does kick on pretty fast at 25w but I don't see any over shooting and even when it drops wattage it drops to like 16 or so and definitely keeps up with my set temp. For a hotter vape you do have to crank to around 500f but the mini is underpowered as we've already discussed. Overall I think the flavor and vape is probably better than most of my mech builds.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Lol meant .19ni200 and I don't see why you couldn't build a 1.9 coil out of ti? But I sure am in tc and at 430-460 I get a warm flavorful dense vape. No problems for me yet. Tp does kick on pretty fast at 25w but I don't see any over shooting and even when it drops wattage it drops to like 16 or so and definitely keeps up with my set temp. For a hotter vape you do have to crank to around 500f but the mini is underpowered as we've already discussed. Overall I think the flavor and vape is probably better than most of my mech builds.

Thanks, that's more like it. LOL.

As to a TC coil at 1.9... my first thought is space to fit such a build, though I only know Ti is higher res/mm not how much higher. Can it be done in either Ni or Ti?

But mainly... I think each of my TC mods has a stated max res for TC, usually under or at 1 ohm. I know some do, I'm just speculating about the rest (too lazy to check right now). :p

Fullknight

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2012
Oklahoma
Has anyone bought the full kit and tried the ego mega tank? Not sure if I regret not spending the extra $10 to get the version with the tank.
I have the Ego One Mega I'm using it with stock CL coils Ti @ 0.43ohms. They were out of the rebuildable CLR Coils. It is great on my SMY 60 TC Mini.
My Evic VTC Mini works perfect on KFL 0.13ohm Ni200. It just has the Anemic Problem with Ti settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Thanks, that's more like it. LOL.

As to a TC coil at 1.9... my first thought is space to fit such a build, though I only know Ti is higher res/mm not how much higher. Can it be done in either Ni or Ti?

But mainly... I think each of my TC mods has a stated max res for TC, usually under or at 1 ohm. I know some do, I'm just speculating about the rest (too lazy to check right now). :p
I believe he actually means 0.19ohm and has inadvertently shifted the decimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread