Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Gonna ask my fellow Taifun-nuts for a little advise...

I have been trying for a long time to get the GT ss and poly tank parts to use on my GT2, Im wierd, but I like the look of the GT so much better. I was able to get a dirt cheap GT used, kept the tank parts and sold the base with the GT 2 tank etc.

I really want to get my other GT 2 the ss and poly tank/ combi tank parts but cant find them anywhere. I checked fastech and Gearbest , they have all sorts of replacement parts but not the ss section.

Im thinking I might as well by a "whole clone" but I want to make sure the finish matches the genuine the best. Can anyone suggest a good GT clone that looks closest to the genuine or a place that sells just the sections for the GT1 clone?

taifun-gt-kombi-cover-stainless-steel-plexi.jpg
I'm going to recommend this one and here's why, the two pieces of the tank sections screw together instead of being press fit. This will allow for replacement of the plastic part in case of breakage,
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10009199/1940206
Here are the replacement clear sections: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1842604
But the problem here is these tanks are clear not foggy.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I rewicked according to your advice. No leaking at all for 3 days. Thanks a lot!

Interesting: for the first time in my vaping carrier I tasted cotton (KGD), I think because I used at least 5 times as much cotton as usual. It was awful for an hour or two. Then it was gone.

You will get the hang of it after a few builds. The trick is getting enough length without choking the coil. I was ready to give up till I saw that video. :)

Reactions: TrollDragon

Skitterpop

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Nova Scotia Canada
Looking at getting my first Taifun. I want one that will give the same air flow as my kfl v2's with the air screw removed. I love my kfl's but want to try something new. I am looking at https://www.fasttech.com/products/2172500 as it has a good size build deck great for my tired old eyes. I vape a 1-1.5 ohm at 8 - 10 watts. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Looking at getting my first Taifun. I want one that will give the same air flow as my kfl v2's with the air screw removed. I love my kfl's but want to try something new. I am looking at https://www.fasttech.com/products/2172500 as it has a good size build deck great for my tired old eyes. I vape a 1-1.5 ohm at 8 - 10 watts. Thanks for any insight you can provide.
I think you picked the correct one.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I have read before that that one is the best $20 you'll ever spend, I have one in my Wish List as well! :)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Just an update. The fact that one of my Taifuns works on all my mods and one does not like the Provari is something that just still stumps me.

I have been trying to get help on FB via Taifun GT page and on Smoker store.de and thru the SmokerStore contact.

To me, more than anything else, customer care and after sales help is THE most important aspect of a product. Sure they can sell you something, they can have an excellent device, BUT if they cant be bothered with a simple question, to reply to emails, FB messages etc. is NOT a good. It leaves a " bad taste" ( pun intended )

I have asked for help in English and in German, they've seen the PMs but no help. Maybe its a "German thing" Its too bad because the atomizer is top quality and tops in taste. These little things eat away on my mind and will probably end up with me ridding myself of them because everytime I see it or use it, I will be thinking that the modder doesnt give a ....

Just had to vent.

I just remembered this and wanted to make sure all is clear. :)

Just to refresh... One of my GT2 did not want to screw down all the way, but after I got a new P3 top ring it worked? Dont know why , maybe it was something in the GT2 threads or an anomally on the P3 threads, but everything works perfectly on P3 and all atties work wonderful on every mod I have.

I thought I had posted this a while ago, maybe I forgot.... I hate to leave something neg that is not true floating around "out there" in internet land.

I love all my Taifun atties: I have the GT2, GS2 and GSL. All perform great.

Recently I loaded up my little GS2 with my heavy , gross NET and so far its the best RTA for use with my gross , but delicious tobaccos.

Reactions: TrollDragon

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I just remembered this and wanted to make sure all is clear. :)

Just to refresh... One of my GT2 did not want to screw down all the way, but after I got a new P3 top ring it worked? Dont know why , maybe it was something in the GT2 threads or an anomally on the P3 threads, but everything works perfectly on P3 and all atties work wonderful on every mod I have.

I thought I had posted this a while ago, maybe I forgot.... I hate to leave something neg that is not true floating around "out there" in internet land.

I love all my Taifun atties: I have the GT2, GS2 and GSL. All perform great.

Recently I loaded up my little GS2 with my heavy , gross NET and so far its the best RTA for use with my gross , but delicious tobaccos.
I think you did post it but that's OK, maybe we forgot too. LOL

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
@dwcraig1 how is the tobeco gt2? Has the Pyrex tank (according to description) it is a worthy competitor?
Sorry but I know nothing about it, never even heard of it till now...LOL
So I watched a video review in Spanish, the device looked good. Tobeco has come along way from their beginnings, great job on the K4.
Good price here: http://kanvape.com/products/taifun-gt-2-rba-rebuildable-atomizer-tobeco-clone.
My preference would still be the Hotcig but I found no US sellers and even if there were it would be twice the price of the tobeco.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I put a Clapton in my 22mm Shenray GS2 a couple days ago. I'm much happier with it now. That coil matches the deck and airhole size much better. The flavor increased three fold.

Oh, and one of the screws stipped already. At least it wasn't the post. I put "good" screws in it.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread