Status
Not open for further replies.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Vapemail just now from evape.us. 2 more M's. Evape is rather fancy on the mailing. A teal colored envelope, a fancy card and a free bottle of juice inside a nice ziplock that I can reuse.
It was a day late because of the storm, but it was still quick. Very nice. :)

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I ordered a bunch of silicon grommets to replace the ones that are a total loss.

WHERE from Cheech?

I haven't paid much attention to the grommets, nastiness there could be an issue though I wonder then why that goes Away after
a tank.

I also will check to be sure the coil body and shroud are clean.

There IS a chance I may have enough wrap at the top that in Could inhibit the initial coil wetting and I'll be More sure I am just down on the shroud sides instead.

Thankfully, it usually clears after a tank but today was 2 out of 3 new coils and an Overdose of nasty mouth from them.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
WHERE from Cheech?

I haven't paid much attention to the grommets, nastiness there could be an issue though I wonder then why that goes Away after
a tank.

I also will check to be sure the coil body and shroud are clean.

There IS a chance I may have enough wrap at the top that in Could inhibit the initial coil wetting and I'll be More sure I am just down on the shroud sides instead.

Thankfully, it usually clears after a tank but today was 2 out of 3 new coils and an Overdose of nasty mouth from them.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Here ya go. :) http://www.ebay.com/itm/321747990989?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
BTW, most people seem down on the TC coils, but I like 'em so far - except for the fact that my first one gurgles if left upright overnight. It seems that liquid seeps into the airflow control section. Hopefully it's just this coil.

The airflow is a bit better than the 1.5s - makes me want to try the 1.2s. I can take 6-7 second draws - slow lung hits - with great flavor, decent vapor and zero harsh hits. As far as I'm concerned, this thing has got my rebuilt coils beat.

Still on my first coil which I think I installed around the 9/25. I've been using it maybe 70-80% of the time on a daily basis with one of my current ADVs (Lemon Cream from Ahlusion) and it's still going strong. I got 2 TC coils with my GS-Tank (I'm using it in a MS though) and also bought a 5-pack and so far I'm stoked! Been running it on an iStick 40w TC at 430-460F.

I may have to try rebuilding these vertical coils. Will need to search for the pictorial earlier in this thread...

BTW, is it just my imagination or does the airflow on the GS-Tank seem a little more restricted than on the Ms?

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
After reading and watching vid I did start saving them if I wanted to rebuild or if I wanted to become verified and send them to ppl that do..I just don't think these old eyes and fingers can do a rebuild. Thx for the welcome

Welcome aboard, MoonLace.

Hmm... that's what we all (well, most of us) thought initially. :lol:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hello. I purchased the gs air some time ago. Did a google search on it and found this forum. After reading some 200 pages of the some 700 pages of the first thread I followed over here and decided to join. I won't be rebuilding coils but will be getting the ms next. I use the istick 50w because it only needs charged every three days. I keep it on 8.5 w use 60pg/40.vg liquid. Clear to semi clear. I chain vape like I smoked and love ever puff. after a year Of duel use I stumbled to the air and finally made it off the stinkies 55 days ago. I don't think I could have made it without the air
Welcome Moon :)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
As usual, Doctor Cheech got there first.

40tc weighs less than the 30. It's comfortable to hold.
Buttons are good. Fires all the GS-* clearos well.
Battery mAh less than the 30 by....10-20%?
Nice mod for vv or vw. The combination of ismoka/eleaf Ni coil and this mod
is underwhelming.
Lighter, well that's good to hear Gran. I hit the button and order the TC40 from egic.com, along with some other things. I lost one of my naughty mini's with CF battery for two days, finally found it in the car, I realized then I needed a spare setup, so with this order I also got another Nautilus Mini for $18 plus, and two more packs of vertical coils (only way to go with these), not bad! Good prices, but they keep upping the amount you have to buy to get free shipping, now its $75. Otherwise they are a little pricey on shipping. I bought silicon sleeves for my t slippery Istick 30W, but not for this one, will be interested in the Istick 40W "grippability". I'm pretty happy with non-TC control, so no hurry to try it.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
BTW, most people seem down on the TC coils, but I like 'em so far - except for the fact that my first one gurgles if left upright overnight. It seems that liquid seeps into the airflow control section. Hopefully it's just this coil.

The airflow is a bit better than the 1.5s - makes me want to try the 1.2s. I can take 6-7 second draws - slow lung hits - with great flavor, decent vapor and zero harsh hits. As far as I'm concerned, this thing has got my rebuilt coils beat.

Still on my first coil which I think I installed around the 9/25. I've been using it maybe 70-80% of the time on a daily basis with one of my current ADVs (Lemon Cream from Ahlusion) and it's still going strong. I got 2 TC coils with my GS-Tank (I'm using it in a MS though) and also bought a 5-pack and so far I'm stoked! Been running it on an iStick 40w TC at 430-460F.

I may have to try rebuilding these vertical coils. Will need to search for the pictorial earlier in this thread...

BTW, is it just my imagination or does the airflow on the GS-Tank seem a little more restricted than on the Ms?
I thought airflow was at least close to the GS M, but maybe not, I'm currently using a vertical coil in a GS M, and though I like those coils for flavor, it doesn't seem to take but a day before the airflow starts closing off due to the saturated cotton expanding into the flow path, maybe its my 70pg/30vg, or maybe i draw on it too hard even though I use a mid to high air flow. That's the primary reason I've gone back to vaping with my Nautilus Minis, I personally get better results with the mini vertical cotton coils, they last longer before i have to replace them, and the flavor is close with both (maybe a little more with the GS air).

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
As usual, Doctor Cheech got there first.

40tc weighs less than the 30. It's comfortable to hold.
Buttons are good. Fires all the GS-* clearos well.
Battery mAh less than the 30 by....10-20%?
Nice mod for vv or vw. The combination of ismoka/eleaf Ni coil and this mod
is underwhelming.
That didn't sound right so I just put them on a scale. My 40TC weighed in at 104g and the 30 came in at 92g. I like the heft of the 40TC and it's still very pocketable, imo.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
and if one doesn’t do the ebayer

- http://www.lightningvapes.com/produ...ty-s-eg-protank-evod-t3-etc?variant=758578749
- - -
and "hey there" MoonLace :toast:

like said, me, we, many of us had the same thoughts
about making our first coil...

it is just SO nice to make as YOU want (+ $ savin)

:)
I second that and all my thanksez go straight to Cheech! Very excellent teacher! I am more than happy with recoiling these!
vape (chair).gif

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I thought it was determined that those grommets were a little small - or anyway not the right size?
I went with the silicon ones as they are more flexible than the rubber ones.
If they were too small, I knew they would stretch.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I went with the silicon ones as they are more flexible than the rubber ones.
If they were too small, I knew they would stretch.

And they are heat resistant and less porous than that nasty rubber (or whatever it is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread