Introducing... my bottom feeding mod (MyMod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
It's still on track to be released this month. It's a good thing I tested the mod for awhile because last month I discovered a minor issue with the firing button. When using a flat top battery, the button would travel too far down and the movement back up is not as smooth as I wanted. This is because the leaf spring gets bent at too big of an angle and therefore more of the force is deflected to the side as opposed to up. I just had to change the delrin part a bit. Nothing major.

Speaking of batteries, do you guys prefer flat top or button top? I have both and I can't think of any differences aside from mechanical dimension...

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'm gonna guess that the most popular batteries for your customer base are going to be flat-tops.

We're running things like
Samsung 25-R
LG HE or HG
Sony VTC's

Some folks may have and hope to use other batteries, some with buttons (like the AW) - but I think those are the most popular, and they're all flat.

It's still on track to be released this month. It's a good thing I tested the mod for awhile because last month I discovered a minor issue with the firing button. When using a flat top battery, the button would travel too far down and the movement back up is not as smooth as I wanted. This is because the leaf spring gets bent at too big of an angle and therefore more of the force is deflected to the side as opposed to up. I just had to change the delrin part a bit. Nothing major.

Speaking of batteries, do you guys prefer flat top or button top? I have both and I can't think of any differences aside from mechanical dimension...

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
What Train2 said. I choose my batteries for their specifications. They happen to be flat tops in my case with one exception - AWs. But I don't expect to get any more AW batts in the near future.

Still, it would be good if MyMod can work with both types of batteries, just in case the Next Best Thing™ in batteries only comes in button top.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Flat tops, like my hair used to be in 6th grade...
Mine used to get cut like a Marine recruit! My dad didn't want any of his kids to resemble those peace and love hippies:).

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread