Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
As the old saying goes, I out of the house and out of self today. Went and spent some time at the flight line today. Had a great time and only nose-dived one time, no damage. I think I have a stalker. lol
Flightline 3.jpg

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
A mixed blessing to be driving again; I'd learned to navigate the universe quite well without a vehicle.

Very high mileage, 184K, but amazingly clean for its age. 2003 Subaru Forester; no unpleasant surprises at all on my drive home from Raleigh; drives great, very comfortable, everything that I've thought to check works well. Knock on wood. First time I've driven and first time I've had a working vehicle in 33 months.
View attachment 496467

Mighty fine, Dave! Congratulations on your new found freedom!

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
A mixed blessing to be driving again; I'd learned to navigate the universe quite well without a vehicle.

Very high mileage, 184K, but amazingly clean for its age. 2003 Subaru Forester; no unpleasant surprises at all on my drive home from Raleigh; drives great, very comfortable, everything that I've thought to check works well. Knock on wood. First time I've driven and first time I've had a working vehicle in 33 months.
View attachment 496467

That's a sweet looking ride Dave!!

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
As the old saying goes, I out of the house and out of self today. Went and spent some time at the flight line today. Had a great time and only nose-dived one time, no damage. I think I have a stalker. lol
View attachment 496481

it looks like a UFO!:eek:

:D

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Proper maintenance matters more than the mileage on a pre owned vehicle. I'd much rather have a well maintained 12 yr old with 184k than say a 6 yr old 80k that only had 3-4 oil changes in it's life.
Nice wheels Dave. This is so true! I still drive a 1995 Dodge Caravan Sport that we have owned since it was new. Regular maintenance, fixing things that go wrong under normal wear and tear (on the 3rd transmission, about the same front ends/axels, etc) and with 213,000+ miles still chugging along. And still getting 20-22 miles per gallon on gas. Enjoy your new freedom!

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I will not let vehicle ownership interfere with my two favorite activities: 1) going nowhere and 2) doing nothing. Nothing has changed in that regard.

It's remarkable to me how much my life as a single guy changed in between 1985 and 2005. In 1985 I was not interested in spending time at home by myself. By 2005, I had to be talked into going anywhere at all.

A good part of that difference is the Internet. No regrets at all on my part about that, no matter how much anyone else wants to engage in the popular older folks activity of lamenting (via computer) the computer age.

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
2003 Subaru Forester;
Great looking car!! Congrats!! But now you'll have to make yourself get out there and at least start it up from time to time. I let mine sit 2 weeks during a particularly cold spell, didn't go nowhere......squirrels ripped up the fire blanket under the hood and used it as nesting inside the engine compartment. It was the snacking on the spark plug wires that really caused the issues.

Went and spent some time at the flight line today.
kewl!! Glad you had a fun safe time! Uhmmm.....if it follows you home do you get to keep it???

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Knock on wood. First time I've driven and first time I've had a working vehicle in 33 months.

Dave,

Hoping it treats ya well, and vise versa!

As to knockin' on wood...

6238c0788227d1400ca5d40d7206a059.jpg

A good part of that difference is the Internet. No regrets at all on my part about that, no matter how much anyone else wants to engage in the popular older folks activity of lamenting (via computer) the computer age.

Hopefully, ya don't include me in da 'popular folks activity' of lamenting da web. It's been/is a fantastic cyber journey. AND, if not for our 'gathering' here, I don't even want to think of how much I would have missed and where I would be today!

From a humble beginning...

humble%20porch_zpsz6qx1mnd.jpg

... here we are...

6d51d744-8fcb-4bf3-bd88-5c255f9057d6.1.6

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
some better pics of kittie

If she/he dropped in on me, I'd feed it part of my 'cane cached canned tuna just to make sure it would 'hang around'! Wouldn't be da first stray feline dat has adopted us. Actually, I'm lookin' forward to da next one...

Scott, really proud of your care!

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Great looking car!! Congrats!! But now you'll have to make yourself get out there and at least start it up from time to time.
And that's when it becomes more trouble than it's worth and I call somebody to come tow it away.

Things that I have to get out there and do are not in my wheelhouse. Things that others tell me I have to get out there and do are even less in my wheelhouse (as you possibly suspect already after knowing me from here and from the HO). Avoiding having such things to do is an area where I excel. I know my strengths.

:)

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
One year right before Thanksgiving we came home from a trip to find the cutest orange and white kitten camped out on our back porch. She was very friendly and affectionate, but with dogs that chase prey and a husband that does not like cats, she could not stay. I tried not feeding her hoping she would move on, but finally after several days broke down. I would put her in a shed when I had the dogs out. I notified my local dog club;many members have horses and she would make a perfect barn cat (if not a house cat). On Thanksgiving I received a call from a woman who works on one of the big horse farms. She came and got "Kitty" the next day. I saw the woman a few weeks later at a Christmas party and" Kitty" was now called Pumpkin and very much loved. I think this is a great thing you are doing Scott and yes, I see a new family member for you. Don't know how feral it is, but for a stray Pumpkin was very docile. Hopefully your kitty will fit in well.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
When I had Tasha spayed she never bothered her stitches either. That is a nice relief, she would have freaked if she had to wear one of those collars. I do have a soft one that holds the neck so they can't bend to lick those parts, but even that would have freaked her out.

I am glad Abby is not bothering her incision and feeling better. She will heal much faster! Don't let her fool you with feeling good - no jumping until the stitches are removed.
Oh oh. We were out in the backyard playing fetch. She also doesn't have stitches on the outside. They're all on the inside. The outside is actually glued shut with medical super glue. Who'da thunk it?:)

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Sorry I haven't been participating much. Had something bothering me that has got me in such a hole I don't want to see anyone talk to anyone go anywhere even open the curtains. Just can't get it out of my head and it's driving me nuts. Will try to be better but don't know how to do that. Not medical really or financial or marital just something I have done to myself over a long period of time with the help of my doctors.
You have my email address if you need it. Anytime my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread