Anybody Using A Kabuki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angus T Rat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2015
Has anyone thought of making a rebuildable coil?..i know that these Kabukis are made to be easy to use with the nautilus coils but i've noticed there's something wonderful happening
with these in the flavor dept,i taste butter,beer,stale wine,strong tea-milk,prunes,brown sugar in my bobas bounty,i'm thinking that a good rebuildable coil,say made from Zentanium would be
a great seller…or just a couple dozen made for say a hundred bucks each?.

If you have good finger dexterity the bvc coils are pretty simple to rebuild…unfortunately I don't :(

Reactions: AstroTurf

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
You're killing me Juma. I realize good research can't be rushed but I got ants in my pants to see if they work in the Kabuki bases/P3's that wouldn't fire all coils. Please take your time though, seriously...

Cold, Sorry I've been MIA since yesterday. Every now and then I have to do real work. I put one of the VaporWerx coils in one of the Kabukis this morning. I'm about to refill the tank for the third time today. So far so good. Fit was good. Firing with the Kabuki was perfect. This P3 is measuring the 2.2 coil at exactly 2.2. I'm running a 50-50 juice at 7.8 watts, 4.2 volts. Taste is good. Aside from the markings and the red rings, the only thing I can see different from the stock Aspire coils are the wicking holes are smaller, perhaps the size of the old wicking holes. But for me, anyway, they're fine.

OddaKine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hawaii, but now in cold Illinois
Oh man I want one of these tanks bad. MTL is all I do... and I've gone through 3 nautilus mini's this year (call it neglect, bad luck, etc). I love them though and have been looking for an alternative.

@Zen~ If I buy a used Kabuki is the warranty still for life? Might have to go that route... this hobby is breaking the bank.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Cold, Sorry I've been MIA since yesterday. Every now and then I have to do real work. I put one of the VaporWerx coils in one of the Kabukis this morning. I'm about to refill the tank for the third time today. So far so good. Fit was good. Firing with the Kabuki was perfect. This P3 is measuring the 2.2 coil at exactly 2.2. I'm running a 50-50 juice at 7.8 watts, 4.2 volts. Taste is good. Aside from the markings and the red rings, the only thing I can see different from the stock Aspire coils are the wicking holes are smaller, perhaps the size of the old wicking holes. But for me, anyway, they're fine.
Thanks Juma.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Oh man I want one of these tanks bad. MTL is all I do... and I've gone through 3 nautilus mini's this year (call it neglect, bad luck, etc). I love them though and have been looking for an alternative.

@Zen~ If I buy a used Kabuki is the warranty still for life? Might have to go that route... this hobby is breaking the bank.

Lifetime Warranty is transferable... a used one is as good as a new one in my book.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
@Katdarling , DIY 65/35 'er here! Early on I started going higher VG and wound up with heavy feeling lungs and a cough...way too many years on the smokes I guess. so started upping the PG and lo and behold, wound up right back to about where I started at (70/30) .

My lung-iments egggzactly, ENAUD. And congrats on your courage to say that percentage out loud on ECF! Bravo, dear one.

So my sample order for coils from Vaperwerx is back-ordered and they tell me now that they won't have coils until the end of the month. This surprises me because some people that ordered Friday got theirs on Monday, while my order has been charged to my card.

When I compound that with the misleading marketing statements "Americas best coils" while they are made in China, yeah... the writing is on the wall for this experiment.

I just informed them that we won't be doing business with them, and considering how it all went down, I have to say, let the buyer beware.

Egads. Whatta shame, Zen. I truly was looking forward to your take on these. And I'm sorry that you went thru that shambles, too. :(

Welp, thanks for saving us some money. Think I shall spend what I would have spent on those coils on a Provi TOP CAP RETROFIT!

,stale wine,

You drink too slowly, honey. ;)

Hmmmmmm...... forgive my cynicism. Could these possibly BE a batch of the old style coils? If so, lucky you, JUMA! :toast:

Yeah, I liked 'em!

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
So my sample order for coils from Vaperwerx is back-ordered and they tell me now that they won't have coils until the end of the month. This surprises me because some people that ordered Friday got theirs on Monday, while my order has been charged to my card.

When I compound that with the misleading marketing statements "Americas best coils" while they are made in China, yeah... the writing is on the wall for this experiment.

I just informed them that we won't be doing business with them, and considering how it all went down, I have to say, let the buyer beware.

Unfortunately, I ordered on Friday, and have yet to get tracking info... doh!
Contacting them shortly...

Just ordered 3 - 5pks from MFS for about $12 each. Best price I've found yet.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
My lung-iments egggzactly, ENAUD. And congrats on your courage to say that percentage out loud on ECF! Bravo, dear one.

Egads. Whatta shame, Zen. I truly was looking forward to your take on these. And I'm sorry that you went thru that shambles, too. :(

Welp, thanks for saving us some money. Think I shall spend what I would have spent on those coils on a Provi TOP CAP RETROFIT!

You drink too slowly, honey. ;)

Hmmmmmm...... forgive my cynicism. Could these possibly BE a batch of the old style coils? If so, lucky you, JUMA! :toast:

Yeah, I liked 'em!

Kat, no, I do not think these are the old coils. When you look down into the coil, the wire is more exposed and the hole looks larger. I have four of them going now in my Kabukis. I should know a little more tomorrow. I never left the house today. But I did four fills on one of the tanks today and it still is tasting fine.

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
Got this as a response:

"as per our website and your receipt you will be seeing a shipment mid October! We are in presale. But we will be shipping the second they hit the dock! Thank you for your patience!:) we sent samples to the store, rest assured! Everyone's loving them and we know you will too! Thank you! Have a good day/night, whenever this reaches you. CHEERS!"

I'm willing to wait and see, merely because it seems they just started up production. Internet sales can be shady sometimes, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Also, my receipt did not specify if I was a presale or not, merely that presale orders would ship between sept 30th and oct 18.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Got this as a response:

"as per our website and your receipt you will be seeing a shipment mid October! We are in presale. But we will be shipping the second they hit the dock! Thank you for your patience!:) we sent samples to the store, rest assured! Everyone's loving them and we know you will too! Thank you! Have a good day/night, whenever this reaches you. CHEERS!"

I'm willing to wait and see, merely because it seems they just started up production. Internet sales can be shady sometimes, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Also, my receipt did not specify if I was a presale or not, merely that presale orders would ship between sept 30th and oct 18.
I liked this post because you followed up with us.

I hate a preorder situ myself.

Hope it works out, Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
This is my first "pre-order" situation. Eh, it was $25. If I lost it, I'd be miffed, but its not going to harm my mortgage payment.
They claimed they would refund the money immediately for the sizable sample order we placed. If the refund doesn't show up by Friday, Stacie will be on them like a pitbull going after a leg of lamb.

She's very nice in general, until there's money involved, then she get's all snarly and stuff... It's very very scary... I try to prevent these situations when possible.

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
They claimed they would refund the money immediately for the sizable sample order we placed. If the refund doesn't show up by Friday, Stacie will be on them like a pitbull going after a leg of lamb.

She's very nice in general, until there's money involved, then she get's all snarly and stuff... It's very very scary... I try to prevent these situations when possible.

With the kind of money you're talking about, who could blame her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread